TIE TIE FAW

tmande2nd

Oct 20, 2010
Maybe he is riding around in the Titan and we just cant see him?
He is there mocking us!

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
So much for the next big thing.

Quick question, did they ever release actual sales numbers for Titanfall? I dont remember seeing anything anywhere outside of shaky vgchartz data.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
shintakie10 said:
Quick question, did they ever release actual sales numbers for Titanfall?
Peter Moore claimed 925'000 'retail copies' sold in America in the first month, although whether that's units sold to customers or SKUs to trade hasn't been elaborated upon.

Beyond that, silence, make of it what you will.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
But... but.. WGDF...

My hopes for a glorious thread of fire and brimstone... dashed...

OT: Not terribly surprised in all honesty. I am surprised with how quick the excitement went though.

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
RatherDull said:
I disagree that it is COD with giant robots. Cod is much slower paced.
Battlefield lets you start out with tanks, boats and jets. CoD has dogs. We have Rinazook.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shintakie10 said:
So much for the next big thing.
History shows again and again how nature puts right the folly of men that the "next big thing" almost certainly won't be.

Hell, if I had a nickel for every WoW killer or CoD killer on the market, I would have enough to fund my own studio and still enough to build a giant robot. Maybe not a good robot, but still a robot.

MiskWisk said:
But... but.. WGDF...
he's obviously trying to throw everyone off. He'll drop it next week with the Half-Life 3 announcement and Tupac's triumphant return.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
That's the issue with designing anything around the "CoD with X" philosophy.

Because no matter what X is, it's still just CoD.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
This is the industry as it is today. We heard about nothing but Watch_Dogs for six months leading up to the launch. The game has been out for merely a week, and nobody is really talking about it anymore.

wAriot

Jan 18, 2013
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
This is the industry as it is today. We heard about nothing but Watch_Dogs for six months leading up to the launch. The game has been out for merely a week, and nobody is really talking about it anymore.
That's what happen with "reviewer-chosen" GOTYs. Almost no one talks about Infinite or Gone Home anymore, even if supposedly they were "the Citizen Kane" of video games, and won a trillion awards.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
God I keep forgetting that even came out, man the hype really died fast on that game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah, it really does annoy me how games can be slammed and called bad nowadays if they even have one or two things in common with COD. I get that we all hate that game, now can we ease up a bit?

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
canadamus_prime said:
Yeah, "COD with giant robots" doesn't really sell it to me.

It didn't for me, because I associated CoD with a frenetic shooter on maps the size of your bathroom. I was happily surprised to see how large these maps were though.

Unfortunately, they aren't anywhere near the size of BF maps

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
I first tuned into the Xbox conference when they were showing off Titanfall. It was a good minute or two before any mechs were onscreen so until then I thought they were showing off another COD game. Then the mech was shown and I realized it was COD with giant robots.

Never before have I become so immediately bored with a game upon simply seeing it. I'm not surprised nobody cares about it anymore.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Achelexus said:
I was expecting WGDF and the shitstorm between white-knights and trolls :|
Are you saying that you joined the site just to see that?

I thought it was bad enough that people who had been here for years were eagerly anticipating the prospect of another firestorm...usually the same people who complain about the forums descending into arguments and the death of civilized conversation, and usually not twenty-four hours later.

Something is very wrong here.