Tiny insignificant details in games that really impressed you

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The Marvel vs. Capcom games have so many hidden details Ryu has two different install supers in MvC1. One turns into Ken, the other Akuma/Evil. Ryu Sakura can turn into Dark Sakura at level 3 super or higher in MvC2.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
At the start of The Curse of Monkey Island, Guybrush starts with a pair of helium balloons in his inventory due to having escaped from a theme park between Revenge and Curse. Though the balloons do serve a purpose in one puzzle, you can also inhale the helium at any time to make Guybrush's voice "sound funny" (his words) for a short time. This dynamically pitches up every line he says for the next minute or so, slightly decreasing the pitch every few seconds until it's back to normal. The puzzle that uses the balloons only takes away one of them, so you can continue to use the other for amusement purposes for the entire rest of the game.

Curse was the first Monkey Island game to have full voice acting, so they probably added this to make a further point of it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
@BrawlMan I don't know if you knew this, but in Capcom's 'The Punisher', the pre- and post-level cutscenes are actually slightly different in 2-player mode, as the game acknowledges Nick Fury's presence on the Punisher's mission. Though, his contribution tends to boil down to "Frank, please don't kill anyone this time."

Thought of it 'cause I just remembered the new MVC collection has The Punisher in it as well.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@BrawlMan I don't know if you knew this, but in Capcom's 'The Punisher', the pre- and post-level cutscenes are actually slightly different in 2-player mode, as the game acknowledges Nick Fury's presence on the Punisher's mission. Though, his contribution tends to boil down to "Frank, please don't kill anyone this time."

Thought of it 'cause I just remembered the new MVC collection has The Punisher in it as well.
Yes, I am more than aware of the dialogue changes depending on the character(s) or slight differences in cut-scenes. I've noticed since I was a kid. For example, Nick Fury will never kill the first boss in the 1st stage's ending cut-scene when doing a solo run with him. He'll opt to knocking him out with a Flash Kick instead.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
View attachment 11813

In a similar vein to the above, in Block 3 of the first Castlevania, you can see Block 6 in the background, with the clock tower connecting to Dracula's lair.
Haunted Castle Revisited does a similar thing before reaching Dracula's Castle in Stage 2. Also, in Stage 2-2 and 2-3 of HC, the second boss is traveling in the caves in the background on its way to fight you. Not the first time the series has done this, and Bloodlines did it with the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
In Space Marine 2, its really neat seeing the gaunts falling over each other when they swarm down a building roof and just tumbling off into a mass of claws and bolter fire.