Tomorrow I'm gonna do something stupid and pointless with little chance of success.

LongHairRocker

Jan 16, 2011
Good job , my friend.
You tried and that is more then other people can say, me included.

My first pint tonight will be raised in your name!

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I just had a drink with my gf, but between you and me, this one was for you *raises glass* ;)

ToffeeMC

Nov 12, 2011
Bad luck man, but it sounds like she still respects you, even if it's for only for your massive balls. But there's plenty more fish in the sea!... Am I right?... guys?

telocaster

Aug 12, 2011
I salute you sir.

That takes a lot of courage to do.

Edit: props to the community for being so supportive

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
That was inspiring. Lord knows a story like this is exactly what many people on this site need to start taking initiative. Bravo!

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
And so, the OP has just discovered what politicians do for a living

... of course, money greatly increases the chances of success

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
can't win them all, right.
I asked out an awesome girl that works at a nearby Gamestop, but I'm sure she basically said "nope, not interested." but yeah, i raise my N7 mug back at you!
TONIGHT, WE DINE IN AWESOME!!!!! CHEERS TO US!!!!!!!

AdamxD

Mar 5, 2012
Well played Strain. A valiant tale. Your courage should rub off on the rest of us!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Well, if you're going to be rejected, that's the best way for it to happen.

All of the other options suck. Getting rejected because she doesn't find you attractive, or doesn't like you, or whatever, all of those are insulting on one level or another..

But simply not being single? Still disappointing, but any proposal that lets you walk away with pride undamaged is a decent enough outcome.

Phantomess

Sep 19, 2009
*stands up and claps* You, my internet buddy, are one of the gutsiest people I have ever had the chance to stumble across. Well done for what would have taken a stupendous amount of courage!

Completely serious, you did what 99.8% of us wish we could do, but never do. Including myself. I wish I had HALF the guts you do.

So my figurative hat off to you, oh bravest of the brave. Thanks for giving us hope!

Skeptic

Sep 1, 2010
I've read only the OP and I just wanted to say your story made me smile. Thanks. :)

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Great courage! I never had the chance. Well I did like this one professor, but she freaking hated my guts.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Starik20X6 said:

Congratulations good sir. May we all learn from your example of courage.
...is it weird that I consider getting someone to use this gif directed at me feels like one of my greatest accomplishments...

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Strain, you are the antidote to the multitude of threads bitching about relationship problems. GODSPEED SIR.