Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

vviki

Lord of Midnless DPS
Mar 17, 2009
If this Tsunami is the Payback for Pearl Harbor, is the 9/11 shit payback for the two NUKES? Come on, people, this is stupid.

mabrookes

Dec 5, 2010
acosn said:
joebear15 said:
just adding in what you basically said was right and what he basically said was even though all nations during ww2 were doing morally reprehensible things "America is evilest because I say it is and it says that all over the internez". The point of the Blitz was to gain as much strategic ground as possible and break the enemy's defensive line before they even knew what hit them, you know kinda like a LIGHTNING strike as a WARFARE strategy
Blitzkrieg: what you're thinking of.

The Blitz: The progressive bombing campaign on England during WW2 largely aiming to devastate them to the point that they'd sue for peace. You might be more familiar with American terms like "Battle of Britain."

Americans don't think they're special. They know they're special. They know that their states at their best compete with countries like Great Britain and Germany for top 10 producing countries by GDP, and at their "worst" still manage to compete with first and second world countries. Post WW2 politics were defined by Americans. Most of Europe would be either German or Russian if it wasn't for Americans.

Yeah, it's annoying when a bunch of uneducated morons decide they need to wave their dicks in everyone's faces but they didn't get their arrogance from sitting on their laurels all day.

And I'm keenly curious as to where Mabrookes is from to be perfectly honest.
California has a population well over half the size of Britains (and so is the size of a reasonably big country on its own anyway), but is less than half of our GDP so no it does not "compete" and is not particularly special.

Germany would have been so powerful had Britain not stopped their advance, and as they had nearly completed nuclear bombs during the war (it was Britain that destroyed the research at that time) America would have stood no chance - and been in the position of facing nuclear strkes without complete surrender like most of the world; we owe each other completely equally (and yes I am from Britain).

And of course the politics were defined by Americans they blackmailed Britain into letting them, and built their power from this act of cowardice.

Alloflifedecays

May 28, 2008
SinisterGehe said:
Alloflifedecays said:
If the tsunami's payback for pearl harbour, I can't wait to see what mother nature's cooked up for the nuke strike on Hiroshima.

Though I have to love how FUCKING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD IS SECRETLY ABOUT AMERICA.
Because God is American? Or something that I got told by a some idiot last summer... He said god protects America because hes American, also he said that all humans were originally American and Europeans are originated from Americans... But that is beside the point...
No, because this is a news story about Japan. It begins and ends in Japan, and even in terms of countries giving aid, America is one of many. America doesn't matter in this story. And yet, they make it about them by proclaiming that it's karmaic payback for Pearl Harbour.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Eico said:
Serris said:
unhealthy lifestyle is worse then nuclear radiation.
If I picked through your English correctly (remember, there is a rule about using English) you are actually suggesting nuclear radiation is better for you than an unhealthy lifestyle.

Seriously... what? You'd rather hang out in some nuclear fallout and become irradiated than eat a Big Mac... My word... That's... interesting.

No way. There is no way someone could believe that. Impossible. You must be a troll. Do you have any idea how serious they treat nuclear waste? There are hazmat special forces whose sole purpose is dealing with radiation. There is no way on this Earth someone could believe an unhealthy lifestyle is worse for you than standing in some nuclear fallout. I refuse to accept this.

I don't even know what to say... That statement just blows my mind. I didn't think it was humanly possible for someone capable of operating a computer to believe radiation from a nuke is better for you than being an unhealthy slob. A young, young child, maybe. I mean, if someone is handicapped and they have trouble learning, that would fine. But you've gotta be a smart person to be operating a computer.

Do yourself a favour and look up a place called Chernobyl.

By the way, it's 'than', not 'then'.
Stop what you're doing. It's called Reductio ad absurdum, and it only serves to demean your own argument. He stated:
i was pointing out that an unhealthy lifestyle reduces the average life expectancy more then nuclear radiation.
This is a testable, and plausible claim. Average life expectancy. Key words. He's not saying that it's better to "hang out in some nuclear fallout and become irradiated" than it is to eat a single piece of junk food. That's fucking retarded, and I'm pretty sure he's well aware of that. You're dodging around his points, and as the nice little wiki link says, you're reducing his statement to the ridiculous extreme. That's sloppy debating, and plain rude.

I don't even know what to say... That statement just blows my mind.
That statement was one of your own twisted construction.

Oh, and before you jump down my throat for agreeing with him, I haven't done the research. I haven't looked in to it, and I won't, because I'm not interested in the subject you're arguing about. I just think you're trolling, and I don't like it.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Alloflifedecays said:
SinisterGehe said:
Alloflifedecays said:
If the tsunami's payback for pearl harbour, I can't wait to see what mother nature's cooked up for the nuke strike on Hiroshima.

Though I have to love how FUCKING EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD IS SECRETLY ABOUT AMERICA.
Because God is American? Or something that I got told by a some idiot last summer... He said god protects America because hes American, also he said that all humans were originally American and Europeans are originated from Americans... But that is beside the point...
No, because this is a news story about Japan. It begins and ends in Japan, and even in terms of countries giving aid, America is one of many. America doesn't matter in this story. And yet, they make it about them by proclaiming that it's karmaic payback for Pearl Harbour.
I wanna see what their "karma" has planned for them because of the few party poppers they detonated there while ago. Or doesn't it count because they are Americans?.. Hold on I am confused... Does supernatural and mythical powers affect America? Or are they Immune to it?.. I would prefer to think America as a big sponge of fat that just absorbs everything in to itself and when it gets a bellyache it makes it someone else's problem.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Jonny1188 said:
I thought the two nuclear bombs we dropped were Japan's "payback." Yeah, people are dumb. I thought the last WWII vet died, I think we can get over it by now.
there is just under 2million US WW2 vets still alive

but yea wish we would get over it.