Twilight Screenwriter Penning Highlander Reboot

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
YAY! I love highlander and have been waiting for ages for a remake!

Not to fussed about who's writing it, as long as it's modernised.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I honestly don't know what to say about this. I did watch Highlander pretty recently, and there were some parts of the movie came off a bit stupid. Like, that homophobic cop who hassled MacLeod for no real reason.

Edit: I just realized something. Highlander is a much better source material than Twilight. When you boil it down, it's a simple plot about immortal swordsmen compared to a bad harlequin romance novel. You can't really fault the screenwriter, since he had to work with such shit.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
The initial draft was written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, two of the writers for Iron Man.
Too many cooks spoils the broth...

And if her only other noteworthy job in her work-history is "Dexter" we shouldn't be getting optimistic at all. Even if you are a fan of the show, you have to admit its all pretty predictable.

Woem

May 28, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
If it's worse than Highlander 2 (We dare not speak its name), then I shall be impressed.

But seriously, Guy meets other Guy, chops off head. Rinse-repeat. I just Chop and Go.
Remember, it's by the Twilight screenwriter. Things won't be that simple.

"There can be only one!"

"But why?"
"Why must we always fight?"
"I'm in love with a teenager."
"Is my ass fat in these pants?"

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
hansari said:
Logan Westbrook said:
The initial draft was written by Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, two of the writers for Iron Man.
Too many cooks spoils the broth...
Let's not forget that that script was handled by Marvel's brain-trust.

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
There's actually one movie worse in the franchise than The Quickening:
Highlander: The Source.

Just... I hate that movie.

Also when I first read the title for the article I actually cried out "NOOOO!"... I love Highlander. I'm a huge fan. But... Stop beating on the franchise moviemakers? Please?

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Random Argument Man said:
As long that she did not wrote the first few episodes of Dexter season 1, I'll be ok with the choice of writer.
You know that those episodes are perhaps the most faithful to the books?
A. There's books !?!??!
B. I didn't really get into Dexter because the first episodes bored me. Perharps it was the monotone narration at the the start. At least, it got better.

Thingo

Aug 14, 2008
Oh god... Not the Egyptians... We built one of the greatest achievements of ancient civilization, and this is where we end up? That's it, i'm going to go kill whatever controls the universe. There's no going back.

I mean, sure, the first was alright, but she is so going to drag all the awesomeness of Egyptian names into the ground... Kind of like she did with vamps in New Moon.

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
This remake/reboot will be the equivalent to the kurgen jumping out of a dark alley and saying "hello pretty".

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Eh. I'll just watch the first one instead. As long as they don't take that one away, there really is nothing you can do to ruin it. It's always going to be there.

Let the crazy people try to make another goofy re-boot. Maybe we'll get a good soundtrack out of it.

Feb 13, 2008
Random Argument Man said:
A. There's books !?!??!
There's books. [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Darkly-Dreaming-Dexter-Jeff-Lindsay/dp/0752865749]
Book 2 is the one most people have "issues" about, but all are good.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Immortal swordsmen - now with 80% more sparkle! Pirate the movie now! (... because some internet dude burned down all the cinemas.)