Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
ahh man no french revolution no jumping off the bastille. That would have been sweet.

I like the Russian revolution(Moscow) and Victoria London. AC really needs a sweet city to be good.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
China, Japan and then England. They're the only ones with enough tall and interesting buildings to justify an Assassin's Creed game. Victorian England would be cool, but I'd rather see something that rarely ever gets touched, like Medieval China or Feudal Japan (well, outside of JRPGs :p).

Also, shut up about the American Revolution. :p No tall buildings, no interesting cities, and guns really aren't good for this series. Ancient Rome would be cool, but we've already seen the place (albeit a number of centuries later). The Spanish Conquest doesn't work because there's no opportunity for an assassin to be able to prance around, and Ancient Egypt, while cool, doesn't appeal to me as the setting of a Creed game.

I suppose the Russian revolution might work, but the setting - post WW1 (well, possibly during) is too modern, I feel, for a Creed game.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
I think Victorian Britain with the ability to go explore different parts of the empire. So one mission would see you sneaking into a fancy dress ball in a manor in England then a couple of missions down the line assassinating an maharajah in India or following a merchant in Hong Kong. After Victorian Britain I think China, Japan then Egypt.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Japan, China, or Russia would be awesome. But really...I'm not even excited about this series anymore, after the way they ran entire set pieces into the ground with Revelations. A game so artificially extended that a portion of the gameplay was nothing but artificial extension with no substance beyond a voice over exposition. Between everything that the series used to offer, and everything else that the series can't get right (four games with the same movement system and you can't fix high profile movement so that it's fluid yet? Really?), I'd rather see them take a break, and take the game back to when it was its greatest. Take it somewhere where we can run around fluidly, parkour around, and stab people without having to worry about being shot by what should be more like of a musket than a rifle from across the map, even if a rifled barrel shouldn't exist for about a hundred years. Classy, Ubisoft.

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
faspxina said:
Jurassic period...

... or Egypt. We don't have many games set in Egypt.
Oh my God Desmond!!! Your ancestor was.... a raptor!

Skreeeeee!

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Oooooh! Um, so many wonderful choices!

It's a history major/gamer's dream come true!

I vote for:

*The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
*The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
*The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
*The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan

They all sound so lovely!

Oh, I can't wait to see what they do with the series!

'twirls in place'

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
putowtin said:
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
*The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
These are the only real options.

I thought about egypt, but think:

Egypt only has on climate: Desert.

England has lakes, forests, plains, and mountains. Same with russia, but with tundra as well.

Precolumbian south america has jungles, mountains, plans, and deserts, and has it's on pymiads, so I don't see why a egptyian one would be needed.

Plus, all 3 would fir into the setting extremely well. I've already expressed my intrest in a AC taking place during the russian revolution, and I think we can all aperciate playing as a aztec or mayan.

Or being jack the ripper or something.

All of them have cool, distinctive archtecture.

colourcodedchaos

Jun 20, 2008
My vote goes to Victorian England, except that it doesn't.

The British Empire is the largest there has ever been; if you pick it as a setting, you pick pretty much EVERYWHERE as a setting. You could complete your objectives during the riots of the Chartists, sever the head of a corrupt Company officer during the Indian Mutiny, try and assassinate the Mad Mahdi in the Sudan, leap across the harbour in Hong Kong and/or China at the height of the Opium Wars, even tear-arse it through the whole of Western Europe with nothing but a British passport and a stabby thing in your wrist. Oh, and probably a pepperbox pistol as well, because those are just cool.

I also don't get what everyone seems to have against guns. Keep it historically accurate and there's no reason for Lord Hanley (I rather think that the idle rich are a breeding ground for the assassins, and there could be the obligatory subplot about his father being a Templar) to fear them. Rifles were only accurate to two hundred yards at the absolute most and swords were still in frequent use, especially in the colonies. Besides, knives and clubs and pistols would be the order of the day in many of the settings, and there's nothing quite as wonderful as spinning under some poor bugger's shot, kicking his gun out from his hands, and then braining him with it. Except doing it to several of them at once.

Cal Mackay

Jul 22, 2011
Victorian England, then one of the targets can be Jack the Ripper and we can get some awesome weapons and traverse england amazingly. Could do some more extreme missions like starting the great fire of london and frame it on someone else.

If not there then the American civil war would be cool

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Soxafloppin said:
But, if we're all honest it should be set in Belfast, Northern Ireland. During the height of the troubles.
THIS.

Torn between Russia and Victorian England. I officially need to play this series if these are the settings that are coming up.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
So many choices O_O

it would be awesome if they could combine all 8 choices together...though that's probably not gonna happen -.-

If i had to choose 1 i would have to go with Victoria England

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:
putowtin said:
*The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
These are the only real options.

I thought about egypt, but think:

Egypt only has on climate: Desert.

England has lakes, forests, plains, and mountains. Same with russia, but with tundra as well.

Precolumbian south america has jungles, mountains, plans, and deserts, and has it's on pymiads, so I don't see why a egptyian one would be needed.

Plus, all 3 would fir into the setting extremely well. I've already expressed my intrest in a AC taking place during the russian revolution, and I think we can all aperciate playing as a aztec or mayan.

Or being jack the ripper or something.

All of them have cool, distinctive archtecture.
Also, where do we vote?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
The culmination of the Pharoah's reign sounds really awesome, though I could also go for an Assassin's Creed set in Russia.

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
Hmm, the Cold War has been overdone, the American Revolution may work, perhaps feudal Japan? WWII with Assassins? Could the Nazis have been Templars? Could all of the axis powers have been Templars? WWII would probably be a very stupid idea, but hey, we're discussing games where you play as a man who sits in a magic recliner that lets him watch memories of his ancestors. Worrying about stupidity lost it's "problem" status long ago.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
I like Russia, myself. Not that it matters to me, since I have disowned Ubisoft and refuse to ever give them another dollar.

Mar 28, 2011
Feudal Japan (Because it's awesome, that's why!) an Victorian England. Why? Because you've got so much epic historical events to play with in those periods that are (relatively) common knowledge.

I mean, i know i would never have watched The Borgias if it wasn't for Assassin's Creed getting me interested in 15th Century Italia.