Ubisoft Kills Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC

Corran006

May 20, 2009
I guess we should just not buy the new Creed game on PC than. I have a feeling that will be the last one on PC given their new direction.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Strixvaliano said:
Does this constant blaming of PC Gamers kind of remind people of the olden days of screaming, "Witch" while bringing out some poor innocent soul to go roast on a stick because someone got the sniffles?
Nope, nor does it remind me of Nazi Germany, McCarthy era USA, the White Australia Policy, the Great Leap Forward, Stalin's Purges, The Crusades, various South and Central American Death Squads, Apartheid South Africa, the Atlantic Slave Trade, Internment Era Northern Ireland, or when Spock died.

It's just some company acting like a sack of cocks.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
I would have expected this from Epic... but Ubisoft? I'm disappointed.
Know what? If the multiplayer was going to work as badly as Conviction's, I won't lose a thing.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
I'm not even a PC gamer, but this is still adding to my list of reasons to dislike Ubisoft.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Slayer_2 said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Slayer_2 said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Slayer_2 said:
Or they could just release the game the normal way, DRM free and see if that works. Guess what Ubisoft, if you didn't shove so much crap down our throats people might be able to not only play your game, but lose the frustration of trying to get it to start up in the first place. DRM is like a mall cop who goes out of the way to piss of real customers, then ignores actual thieves.
Is that why World of Good had a 90% piracy rate despite no DRM?
No idea what that game is, but here is a fact for you. People are gonna pirate. It doesn't matter how tight your security, one day, someone will crack it. Then distribute it. Once it's out there, it's out there. Doesn't matter if it's one person in the world that hacks it, or a million, all it takes is one upload. I don't know exact rates, but I'm sure piracy figures are higher than sales figures for most games. Show me the game that has never been pirated, and I'll retract my statements about DRM.
So unless DRM manages to stop alp piracy completely, you say its a failure. The fuck? A reduction in the rate of piracy is a success for DRM, not the total stopping of all piracy.
You're thinking of this the wrong way. Think if it like a dam (DRM). People (pirates) are trying to sabotage the dam with jackhammers to get the water (software) on the other side. They don't want to pay the cost of the water bill (cost of the legit game), whatever. Does it matter if the dam is only cracked in one small area or if it is utterly destroyed by a massive horde of angry jackhammer-bearing construction workers? No, the end result is the same, the water is flooding out, and the dam is useless.
So your solution is to not build the dam in the first place? How would that be better?
I don't know if you know this, but building a dam takes lots of time, and money. And in the case of always-on online DRM, additional server costs. Why waste money and time on something that is GUARANTEED to be destroyed within weeks, if not days? Instead of building the dam, just charge people for the "water" and hope they're decent enough to not go "downstream" to get it. Of course, with this method, LOTS of people are going to go "downstream", but most will find the "water" is not to their taste, which they would have anyhow, had you bothered to give out free samples.

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
I officially hate Ubisoft now. I've been really on the fence with whether or not I like Ubisoft for a good 3 years now, especially since they started milking the hell out of the mediocre at best Assassin's Creed series. Oh well, I hated Ubisoft's games after Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil, so Ubisoft can go fuck off for all I care, I'm done caring if they are. . .

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
You're still lucky you have Assassin's Creed Ubisoft... or i would of marked you off my 'To buy list' FOREVER.
Just like EA.

Also: Go fuck yourself Ubisoft.

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
And once again, piracy results in us not having nice things. And by 'us', I mean you, not me (the grammatically incorrect one).

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Ubisoft creates invasive DRM that punishes the paying customer
Pirates get past the invasive DRM as a big "Screw You" to Ubisoft
Paying customers who have become sick of the invasive DRM resort to piracy
Ubisoft has a temper tantrum because they just can beat the pirates.

GeekFury

Aug 20, 2009
Hands up who is in the 5% with legal Ubisoft games? I own a number of Ubisoft games, bought them all 100% legitamately, never downloaded an illegal game in my life or bought one.

Ubisoft, stop talking out your backside.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Doc Cannon said:
I would have expected this from Epic... but Ubisoft? I'm disappointed.
Funny thing there is that Epic have stated they're looking at getting into 'middle tier' (between indie and AAA) developing for PCs... much lower budgets but, OTOH, far less insane sales pressures... meaning they can really push the envelope for dick jokes in gaming without having to worry too much about consumer backlash.

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Ubisoft has never made a game worth playing anyway, I'll keep my console ported CoD and Skyrim TYVM.

Jun 11, 2008
vrbtny said:
Ubisoft are being douches to PC gamers?

Wow. I made this exact same post yesterday... Ubisoft are becoming predictable.
A bit sad that the gif must be used again so close to when it was last used in reference to this exact same company. Anyway I don't think I'll be buying anything first hand from Ubisoft unless they do some serious PR recovery as to be honest this is making Bobby Kotick look like he has people skills. I can't wait until they complain about preowned sales now because 95% of the people that play the game bought it preowned.

The whole fucking PR department of Ubisoft must be on holidays or else they are keeping them locked in a basement as it seems they really don't like money. Although the tone in this is much less fuck you and more of its not you its me.

I played the last 2 Ghost Recon games and while the first AW was alright(nothing like older games) the second was a boring disgrace of a game and I wouldn't even compare it to a B movie let alone super Hollywood. Although I shouldn't be mean to B movies they never hurt me. I mean 50,000*?30= ?1,500,000. While it may not be big bucks in the game industry now it is more than enough to make back the money on a port and even that is a ridiculously low sales rate only a shitty port would get. This isn't even including the fact that it expands your potential audience for the crap these companies love like DLC.

As another user said Ubisoft you have one more chance you fuck up Rainbow 6 and you're dead to me. To think I was considering buying their catalogue during the Steam Christmas sale now I'll take my money somewhere else.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I find it hilarious. It's like Ubisoft is tortured father that nobody really likes, and he's just on the edge of complete insanity.

FINE, WHATS THE POINT OF ME EVEN TRYING IF YOU'RE JUST GONNA PIRATE IT ANYWAY YOU DICKS. FUCK YOU AND YOUR PC'S!

Rather childish, and really not good. For all the pirated copies someone must buy a ubisoft game for pc. I have. I regretted it, but i still bought it.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Glademaster said:
vrbtny said:

A bit sad that the gif must be used again so close to when it was last used in reference to this exact same company.
Eh, for me it's just a excuse for using it. The thing took me 30 minutes to make, so I feel like I need to use it at least 30 times, to make up for every minute I could have used instead to play Skyrim.

Jun 11, 2008
vrbtny said:
Glademaster said:
vrbtny said:

A bit sad that the gif must be used again so close to when it was last used in reference to this exact same company.
Eh, for me it's just a excuse for using it. The thing took me 30 minutes to make, so I feel like I need to use it at least 30 times, to make up for every minute I could have used instead to play Skyrim.
That's fair enough but it doesn't look good for Ubisoft and their seemingly absent PR department.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
K, thanks, won't download your shitty game anyway but good to know where we stand in our relationship.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Glademaster said:
vrbtny said:
Glademaster said:
vrbtny said:

That's fair enough but it doesn't look good for Ubisoft and their seemingly absent PR department.
I have the most horrible feeling that Ubisoft does in fact have a huge PR department, it's just comprised off all the insufferable dicks who were kicked out of the other departments for being....well, dicks.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I had a huge list of Ubisoft games I wanted to buy because they intrigued me... *deletes off Notepad* most likely just saved myself £150+ thanks Ubisoft, I was kind of in a tight situation with money and you just made it a hell of a lot easier!