Ubisoft Kills Ghost Recon: Future Soldier on PC

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
vrbtny said:
Ubisoft are being douches to PC gamers?

Wow. I made this exact same post yesterday... Ubisoft are becoming predictable.
Good to see you again. You are are a rock of stability in this wild world we live in.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
OutrageousEmu said:
Do you have any fucking idea how premium pricing actually works? Like, does the concept work in your brain, or do you just do it to troll?
It would seem you weren't initially being sarcastic, then. I weep for the world.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
BodomBeachChild said:
Do you know why I use piratebay.org? Because of assholes like you and EA and Bioware putting less, and less efforts into your games and I am not willing to pay $60 per-annual sequal. The Madden Effect/CoD effect has killed creativity and the greed companies like Ubi and EA display drive me to Pirate Bay games before I buy them.
Advocating piracy is against the Terms of Service of the Escapist forums.

dantoddd

Sep 18, 2009
I personally have no problem with intrusive DRMs. But are they effective at curbing piracy. From what i know of, just about every drm has been cracked.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Best way to get me to head to pirating is to make me feel cheated, but since I have the common sense just not to buy your shit games, I don't have too.

I was going to buy Assasin's Creed Revelations, but I might as well FUCKING pirate it, even though it will be my first pirated game since APPARENTLY I'm expected to not give you money. Fuck off Ubisoft, I found a new boyfriend and his name is Frictional Games. And they don't put dragon shit into their games.

tony2077 said:
I'm a console/pc user so stuff like this doesn't bother me in the slightest
Until you have to activate a 20 digit code, wait about a hour for it to update self and then about 30 more minutes so that you can play online, even though its possible your code doesn't work, then you have to drop 10 MORE dollars to play online, wait for THAT to verify.

Honestly, DRM sucks in all cases, wether for the particular title doesn't affect you, there is a DRM heavy game on console selling billions.

Pharsalus said:
Wow, this is a passive-aggressive dick move on the part of Ubisoft, but they have a point. The truly scary thing is that this seems to signal an end to big publishers putting out PC games. Still, the best PC game ever IMHO was made by an indie developer (Mount & Blade, developed by Taleworlds), perhaps the departure of the big boys will help foster a renaissance of sorts for PC gaming.
Makes sense, actually. Indie Games are the only force that actually pushes things of good quality into the mouthes of hungry gamers. I don't think they'll step ENTIRELY out, but Ubisoft will probably make a game in the coming years just for the PC over the fact that they want more money.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Calamity said:
The Rascal King said:
Man, it must be hard to be PC elitist when 3 games come out for it every year.
Not sure if flame bait or ignorant moron. /fry-stare
Try light-hearted sarcasm. I know darn well that PC gamers bathe in kerosene for enough hours of the day to be lit up like bonfire whenever someone even mutters a negative word of their chosen gaming platform.

so to be clear: hurr jk guise

not_you

Don't ask, or you won't know
Mar 16, 2011
I never even knew ghost recon was on the PC....
I've only ever seen it on consoles....
I mean, sure, there's the Rainbow 6, and such, which are -basically- the same thing anyway, but, really...?
95% of PC gamers are pirates...?
That's a bit harsh...

I would join in and say boycott Ubisoft, but, if only for Assassins Creed, I can't...

Switchblade 327

Nov 25, 2011
Flac00 said:
To be honest guys, its not like this hasn't come out of nowhere. Almost every game is pirated constantly. Hell, with some older games, the only people who actually now get it is by pirating it. This isn't Ubisoft being just dicks. I mean sure, they overreacted, but they do have a legitamate reason. Take this as a lesson. PC people (and I am included in this), BUY GAMES, DONT PIRATE. You are ruining the market more than Call of Duty or Madden ever will.
But the problem arises when the pirating minority is addressed by DRM.

I mean, I actually have the fucking $50 Shivering Isles disc AND the $50 Fallout 3 disc that I bought at Best-Buy some odd 4-6 years ago, AND I STILL have torrented .iso versions saved to my external drive, because the DRM on the discs WON'T LET THE GAMES FUCKING RUN.

I mean, they're ruining their own market. People pirate on consoles, too, it's just that they don't get as much attention. It's also hard to find PC games. I mean, I go to Gamestop looking for a game, and they don't have it, because they literally get ONE copy of the game for PC. That's it. ONE COPY. Once it's gone, you can't get it there. You have to go online. For some people (like me) who don't have credit cards, or $110 on hand to spend on a $100 pre-paid Visa Debit to buy a game online, we're not left a lot of options.

VashtaNerada

Jul 23, 2008
in retail, if you accuse a customer of shoplifting and they are not, you can be sued for harassment. So, ubisoft(retail shop) is accusing 95% of PC gamers of being pirates(shoplifters) can everyone who has bought a ubisoft PC game sue them for harassment?

BreakdownBoy

Jan 21, 2011
Ubisoft: Stop being a *****, if you don't want to make PC games then piss off, but don't come with stupid reasons for your decisions, if you want to use succesfull DRM then get Steam to help you out, also what might help...make fucking better games!!!

Pirating is happening on all 4 formats asshole, and 95%, reallllly? Please quote the source of that information you lying sack of shit!!!

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
A few years ago there was a fella in my buddy's apartment building that out of the blue one day decided my buddy and his girlfriend were stealing his wifi without his permission because his internet was slow in the evening. They tried assuring him they had their own internet and really didn't have any need to use his. That did no good. He eventually went so far as to complain to the super and even after the super told him they had their own internet service he still was of the belief that they were using his internet. Finally, after multiple weeks of baseless accusations and being treated like so much shit they finally decided "fuck it" and started using his internet out of spite.

The moral of all that is that if people are going to accuse you of doing something and treat you accordingly regardless then you may as well go ahead and fucking do it. I think we are seeing a lot of this in PC gaming anymore. PC gamers are largely sick and tired of companies assuming they are all pirates and treating them as such even after they know for a fact they aren't pirates after they purchase the game. Is it really any wonder that after these companies call PC gamers thieves and treat them accordingly that they become just that?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Waaghpowa said:
Vault101 said:
this is all part of the reason I got a console....god help us if all the bullshit starts affecting them (with all this fuss over used games)
Well it's gotten significantly easier to pirate console games this generation. You never know, it's likely to go that route on top of used games.

*The following statement is not directed at you*

The ignorance in this thread is mind blowing.
you may be right..especially with publishers freaking out over used games...while the retailers are pushing harder for the consumer to buy more used games (liek with EB games new "carrot" program)

a future without hard copies may be upon us, which I find off-putting

Im interested what your refering to when you say "ignorance"

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
Flac00 said:
To be honest guys, its not like this hasn't come out of nowhere. Almost every game is pirated constantly. Hell, with some older games, the only people who actually now get it is by pirating it. This isn't Ubisoft being just dicks. I mean sure, they overreacted, but they do have a legitamate reason. Take this as a lesson. PC people (and I am included in this), BUY GAMES, DONT PIRATE. You are ruining the market more than Call of Duty or Madden ever will.
Here is the thing. As gabe newell put it, people pirate games more often if the pirated version of the game is better then the legitimate version of the game. This is true with ALL ubisoft PC games, and it causes them to be pirated disproportionately.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
BodomBeachChild said:
Do you know why I use piratebay.org? Because of assholes like you and EA and Bioware putting less, and less efforts into your games and I am not willing to pay $60 per-annual sequal. The Madden Effect/CoD effect has killed creativity and the greed companies like Ubi and EA display drive me to Pirate Bay games before I buy them.
thats hardly an excuse for piracy..you dont think the game is worth it, than dont get it...what message are you putting forward by saying

"your game sucks!..but Im still going to play it anyway!"

brainslurper

Aug 18, 2009
BodomBeachChild said:
No, you use pirate bay because you are an immoral leach on an industry that you continue to complain about. If you are not willing to pay for something, that doesn't give you the right to steal it.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Well this is quite worrying. This could mean future Assassin's Creed games don't appear on PC, which would fucking suck, because I love the series and I don't have any consoles.

I own all the Assassin's Creed games so far (preordered Revs) because despite the stupid DRM they have put in place I find the games themselves to be excellent which I think makes up for that.

Also I was interested in playing Future Soldier. I didn't give a shit about I Am Alive, but it's a shame that this isn't coming to PC, because I like these type of "realistic, but not too much" shooters.

Guys, PLEASE buy Assassin's Creed Revelations and let the figures show them we want their PC releases.