UFO sighted over Chinese airport.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
grimsprice said:
hiks89 said:
mabie chinas completed the design of a scram jet and are testing it
That is exactly what it is.

A SCRAM jet at an incredible distance would look just like that. The heat from its skin at hypersonic speeds in the upper atmosphere would set it aglow just like that. And the contrail would spread out very uniformly in the upper atmosphere.
i agree with this. or a high altitude rocket still catching the sun after launch

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
qazmatoz said:
Probably just North Korea launching more missiles to make their dicks feel gigantic, as is their national past-time.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Magnesium360

FDA Approved!
Mar 9, 2010
Gerhardt said:
it cant be a military experiment. that looks EXACTLY like the other ufo in europe ( the laser beam looking one). two countries developing the SAME tech at the SAME TIME and they are BOTH at the SAME LEVEL despite different military funding? that is unlikely.
You're right! Two seperate nations developing similar technology at the smae time? Impossible! It MUST be aliens! afterall, the footage is so conclusive! Anyway, it's not like technology is something countries compete over now is it?

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Dammit, I was hoping to see a big remote controlled plane model xD

What, that's an unidentified flying object? =.="

Or maybe a big bird? Or a big bunch of balloons? Or maybe a dude with a hang-glider? xD

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
SamFancyPants252 said:
how can something be 'alledgedly' a UFO? It's either unidentified of not.
they probably meant UFO in a broader sence
as in noone knew what it was vs some people in the government know, or even further, alien

if i see a plane in the sky i might not be able to identify it properly, that makes it a UFO i guess, but on the other hand, it doesn't, see? :p

ah well

PhoenixOnly

Nov 18, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Gerhardt said:
Well this is exciting. I couldn't find any current thread about this so this will be my first topic. yay me.

At any rate, there has been some buzz about a UFO sighting over the Xiaoshan International airport in China on July 7th.

An excerpt taken from tnerd.com:

Yesterday, the Chinese government shut down an Airport and averted all the flights when a "comet-like fireball" was spotted hovering over the airport's skies in the Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou. Hundreds of people at the airport witnessed the sighting of that mysterious glowing object, allegedly believed to a UFO.

The air traffic control of the Xiaoshan Airport reported the mark of a UFO on their radar, which later vanished mysteriously leaving the airport officials no choice but to shut down airport for about 3-4 hours as a precautionary measure against any contact with that extraterrestrial object.

A Chinese news agency mentioned of a local bus driver who was one of the witnesses to the UFO sightings in China on July 7 late afternoon; quoting his words "The thing suddenly ran westwards fast, like it was escaping from something."

And here's a video.

<youtube=9de44GEIPQw>

The official statement right now is that it was a Chinese military experiment but "no details are permitted at this time."

So, discuss. I'm not a huge UFO nut myself, but this thing does look really eerie.
While a military experimental aircraft might be possible, running it over a crowded international airport doesn't seem like the brightest idea.
it cant be a military experiment. that looks EXACTLY like the other ufo in europe ( the laser beam looking one). two countries developing the SAME tech at the SAME TIME and they are BOTH at the SAME LEVEL despite different military funding? that is unlikely.
Or its something revolutionary, something many countries are building simultaneously because said tool is so incredibly useful. Seems pretty likely to me. China may even have stolen or bought intel from Norway to make their own thingy.

Edit: Also on review, the china and norway lights look very different.

Googenstien

Jul 6, 2010
Looks like a Rocket/Plane of some sort that has the sunlight over the horizon shining on it giving it that strange glow.. the 'aura' effects are probably the water vapors and exhaust from it. Its cool to see it break the sound barrier when you see the 'poof' effect

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
It looked like it was drawing a penis with it's contrail.

"Beware the flying alien techno penis!" could be China's new motto.

deus-ex-machina

Jan 22, 2010
Obviously have no idea what this is, but it looks fun. The video got boring pretty quickly though. I was expecting it to zoom off or multiply or something.

I just hope it won't kill us all. :D

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
HellbirdIV said:
At exactly 30 seconds it does... Something, that disrupts the entire flow of smoke behind it. It looks like it might be, I dunno, jumping to hyperspace or at least breaking something hard, but it doesn't seem to be accelerating. All I know is that it looks fucking cool.
It probably just broke the sound barrier, happens with fighter jets all the time.

OP: I'm not going to deny the possibility of aliens, but it doesn't look all that spectacular. But who knows, they might be here sooner than we thought.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
i think it is like a flash missile used to blind enemy planes being tested accidentally flew over the airport. here are some things I noticed at 30 secs in what looks like a blast of energy is given of that is either something being detached or a burst of energy that could be something like a emp to mess with enemy plane controls and electrical equipment. you may wonder why I think it's a flash missile is because after it disappears the area becomes dark in a moment which is either someone editing the video to make things look more interesting, the camera losing power without the person realising then plugging it into the charger and continue recording or because the object was a source of light. I believe in U.F.O (I know this is technically a U.F.O because it is a unidentified flying object but you know what I mean) but i don't think this is a U.F.O.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
no oneder said:
Crypto must be lost. I can recognize a furon starship any day.
They eat with their mouths? Ugh! I think I'm going to be violently ill!
Attention, Earth Creature: This planet is now part of the Furon Empire. Your benevolent masters welcome you.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
ShakerSilver said:
HellbirdIV said:
At exactly 30 seconds it does... Something, that disrupts the entire flow of smoke behind it. It looks like it might be, I dunno, jumping to hyperspace or at least breaking something hard, but it doesn't seem to be accelerating. All I know is that it looks fucking cool.
It probably just broke the sound barrier, happens with fighter jets all the time.

OP: I'm not going to deny the possibility of aliens, but it doesn't look all that spectacular. But who knows, they might be here sooner than we thought.
well the thing about that is the fact the smoke behind it is not in any shape really but after that 30 sec mark it takes a shape behind the object (I'm post 157 so you can see what I think the object is) a fighter jet would leave almost a straight line behind it while flying also if it broke the sound barrier it would be on camera for about 2 sec it is simply going to slowly to have broken the sound barrier. The object is also flying horizontally across the screen but one of the lines coming of it is also horizontally from the screen which either means that the camera is at a weird angle or something strange is going on with the object.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
FC Groningen said:
Don't know what it is, but I sure hope that's not a militairy plane for environmental, practical and health reasons.
jasoncyrus said:
Either thats a new engine deisgn or china is LOADED with smog...

Given the outward effect from the object as it surges across the sky it seems to have a 3 pointed propulsion system. Interesting.
Jet engines burn up all the fuel what you see there is a water vapor trail