Ukraine

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Well, he'd apparently become quite critical of Russian military failures. And he fled (and died) just before Ukraine retook Kherson City. So if this was indeed an assassination, its more likely to be Russia... though honestly that's far from certain.

I thought this whole story most notable as an indication of the kind of people Russia is installing in the occupied territories it controls. Family-abusing thugs and conspiracy theorists.

---

You may have already read that Russia has been recruiting from prisons and penal institutions for the war effort. Convicts are offered a way out of prison, given minimal training, and then dispatched to fight in Ukraine to shore up the numbers.

Well, the neo-Nazi mercenary Wagner Group has posted a video of them executing one such recruit (who had surrendered to Ukraine, before then-- it appears-- returning to Russia in a prisoner exchange) with a sledgehammer.

Putin's close ally and co-founder of that neo-Nazi PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, openly supported the murder after it was reported, calling him a "traitor".

The fucking unadulterated barbarism is... it wears you down, tbh.
Geeze that's horrifying

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
On the weirder side of the news. Apparently some Russian Troops stole a Racoon from the Kherson Zoo. Why the fuck anyone would steal a Racoon from a Zoo I don't know.

If anyone in Russia is reading this, They're considered Pests here in the US. They often have rabies and such. You don't want them.

Reactions: Silvanus and Hawki

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
On the weirder side of the news. Apparently some Russian Troops stole a Racoon from the Kherson Zoo. Why the fuck anyone would steal a Racoon from a Zoo I don't know.

If anyone in Russia is reading this, They're considered Pests here in the US. They often have rabies and such. You don't want them.

Alright, I've held my tongue for too long on this, here's where we come to blows because raccoons are cute, I don't care what you say. They have little handsies, handsies.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
The way shit has been going the racoon is going to escape and return to Kherson driving a stolen Russian staff car.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
The way shit has been going the racoon is going to escape and return to Kherson driving a stolen Russian staff car.
I'll raise you a stolen T 14 Armata tank. Russian apologists apparently keep insisting they're be deployed soon and turn the tide so it would be appropriate somehow

Russian Soldiers: Hooray, the T-14's have arrived to save us.
*The hatch pops open and a racoon wearing Ukrainian colors sticks his head out*
Russian Soldiers: SHIT!

Last edited:

Def

Mar 16, 2014
For love of God, ban Ukraine from deploying S-300 missile systems on the border with NATO. They are too crooked-handed operators for such machines.

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
For love of God, ban Ukraine from deploying S-300 missile systems on the border with NATO. They are too crooked-handed operators for such machines.
Ban them deploying their own air defense missles in their own country during a war in which they are defending themselves?

What? Just what?

Besides, wouldn't it make more sense to ban Russia from Firing missiles into the Ukraine, considering they're the aggressor in this situation and there would be nothing to shoot down if they weren't being fired west in the first place?

I'm pretty sure Poland is totally considering banning Russia right now.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Problem: Russian missiles hit NATO country.
Your response: Ban Ukraine from deploying missiles.

Something tells me you're not exactly trying to find a good-faith (or even logically-sound) solution...

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland

Something tells me you're not exactly trying to find a good-faith (or even logically-sound) solution...
True Fact: 100% of all wars would be prevented if the defender just surrendered immediately. /s

Maybe Elon is taking a break from watching Twitter implode to post here?

Dalisclock

Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
Country
Eagleland
World politics by way of "punch buggy" rules?

"Punch buggy Ukraine! No punch back!"
I mean, if so, Poland could invade Russia and Russia would have to surrender to avoid escalation. Also Poland would instantly grow in size by like 10X and become a nuclear power.

Facts and Logic.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
No Ukraine didn't have its S-300 SAMs glitch. Get your conspiracy theory out of here.

Def

Mar 16, 2014

No.
Problem: Ukrainian S-300 hit NATO country. They do it regularly. The solution is right.