Unskippable: Ace Combat 6

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
I know how you feel. I love ace combat. 4 is my fav, then 5 and maybe Zero...but 6? it's aweful!. well at least there is some fun to be had. Nice show guys

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Awesome work, fellas. Brilliant writing as always, and great pick for the game. "Our army basically retreated immediately, we are a nation of cowards."

Though if I could make one suggestion: put some kind of disclaimer about the series title in the intro; I'm starting to worry I might get some kind of aneurysm from headdesk trauma.

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
"And after I had passed the smoking wreckage of my Husbands plane I found my Grandfather, dead, on the side of the road. Well, actually it was just his torso and head. It turns out that my husbands plane had crashed on him as he was walking to the convenient store to get more milk . Dammit, could this day get any worse?"

Quinterfresh

May 4, 2009
Sid Meier said:
The "And we all went Blind" is a reference to the very intriguing book "Day of the Triffids"

Its pretty surreal.
That line brought back memories. I didn't read the book, but I did see the movie. Everyone's screaming the morning after that amazing light show. Sweet brief reference!

Angrywyvern

Sep 30, 2008
Ghostwise said:
Man what a shitty game. That is a depressing woman. How can she ever be an Ace Fighter Pilot?!
In the game, the actual fighter pilot you play as is a non-descript person with no story that has nothing to do with any of the cut scenes.
Kinda makes you think: whats the point? huh?

And as for the video, I didn't really like to cut scenes either, none of them made any real sense.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Quinterfresh said:
Sid Meier said:
The "And we all went Blind" is a reference to the very intriguing book "Day of the Triffids"

Its pretty surreal.
That line brought back memories. I didn't read the book, but I did see the movie. Everyone's screaming the morning after that amazing light show. Sweet brief reference!
There remaking a new version for the BBC out sometime this year now, starring Eddie Izzard. yay. Back on topic I found this cut scene both depressing and hilarious.

Quistnix

Nov 22, 2007
It took some time to get going -as usual- but once it was rolling I almost shat myself laughing.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Great 'the day of the triffids' reference, that I hope more people than me got!

...I don't see what this has to do with dogfighting in fighter jets...can someone explain?

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
"Maybe they'll give us your brother back!"

Hilarious episode, one of the best. I was laughing hysterically. And I was just thinking that the subtitles said "pooped down" when you mentioned it, so it was perfect timing. Hilarious.

And thank you for doing this game. It deserves to be made fun of. I was a big Ace Combat fan, since 4. But if you know me, you know I hate JRPGs and the horrible, corny writing, storylines, and relationships. Ace Combat 4 was okay, it was mostly about just warfare and a good time. Ace Combat 5 strayed much more into JRPG territory, but I just ignored it and played the game. But Ace Combat 6... The horrible cutscenes and story ruined the game for me. After waiting for so long, I found myself unable to watch the damn cutscenes. It was terrible. God I hate JRPGs.

The "This lady won" line was hilarious too.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
Ah, a nice break from JRPGs.

There are tanks at the end of the bridge...

As opposed to PROTECTING OUR CITIES... dickweed!!