Unskippable: Folklore

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
It's an action game...I guess you could say it has some RPGish elements, but its mostly just in this amazing setting that's right out of a storybook. Basically, you collect "folk," which are these wonderfully strange creatures that have unique abilities. One might have a projectile attack, another might have a fire-based attack. You can't do combat yourself, so you need the folk to do it for you. You assign different folk to different face buttons, then hit the button for the attack you want to do. You can capture the souls of new folks to add to your arsenal. You also get different costumes that give you different abilities and buffs. You play as the two characters you saw in the video, each one with their own storyline, though the stories intersect in places.

It's kind of hard to find now, but if you can scoop it up, definitely give it a shot, if only to see how beautiful and otherworldly it is.
So, it's Jade Cocilent Hill?

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
come on though, floklore was awesome! Funny review though, maybe this will make peopel Buy something original

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I, too, have never heard of this game... Interesting.

"She has four hands, kill her!"

Graham - That was an amazing sea captain voice. It's a shame that horrible voice in the background overlapped D: You should totally do more voice-acting!

Did I detect a little jab at Unforgotten Realms too? If so, well played! Quite witty!

CROWSPLOSION! With added Russell!

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
A murder in the village of the dead? *takes off glasses* Tell me this is a joke...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Awesome job guys. You shuold have had The who play as a misquequr, though. That would have been hilarious.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Tonimata said:
Abedeus said:
AND WHY THE HELL DID SHE USE A BOAT?!
Because it's the motherf*cking boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg
Screw your boat, I fly blimps, motherf*cker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86PdIKMA5Nk

nnnnnn

Jul 16, 2009
I am definitely not the first to do this but still
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

What is it with all the crows in these games? Still, it's given rise to our beloved RUSSEL! WOOO CROWSPLOSION!

Melion

Apr 16, 2009
Funny video as usual. :D

I have been looking for this for awhile now and I really really want to play it.

Random Wanderer

Apr 15, 2009
That was... strange, but rather interesting, really. If it weren't a PS3 exclusive I might look into getting this game.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
If only more people knew what an interrobang [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrobang] is, there would be more correctly punctuated headlines.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm sorry, was there something in there that shows the situation and/or character motivation? I was waiting for the "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!" ever since Doctor Von Bad Jacket showed up.

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
Can you believe we live in a world where this exists‽‽‽
Although, using it in quick succession seems a bit redundant.