Unskippable: Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 2

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, Part 2

Join Graham and Paul as they try to understand the reasoning behind this game.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
Wait... I thought they were playing a video game in the last one where they were playing as goddess-warrior-queens. Was that actually real? Are they goddesses playing video games where they are queens of Video Game Land? Why do their boobs move independently of their torsos, like they are bobbing in zero gravity?

It's too early in the morning for this kind of confusion.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Also Neptunia wins by virtue of actually having animation. Very little animation, but animation none the less. And as you said, boobs.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
We need a Part 3.

OK, so I have to admit... I am a sucker for this kind of aesthetic and these kinds of games, but usually because the gameplay is pretty awesome and the story... doesn't suck AS much as other Western games of similar quality (although this one is making it hard for me to defend it). Seriously, though, could they at least have tried to put... some effort into the voice acting, though?

Also... is this game Multiplatform? I would imagine I would like the ability to pick whatever console I wanted to save Gameindustri.

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Is there really a demand for that kind of game?

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Sheer volume of boob is right.
I mean, early in the game (I did say last week I have this game), we meet *another* CPU. And yes, boobs and all.
And yet ANOTHER one appears halfway into the game. And yes...
BOOBS. That is all. And you thought the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown had BOOBS.

...Actually, I'm not sure whose are bigger...

Oh, and "humans inside your console?" That somehow reminded me of Little Computer People...

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Encore, encore! We demand a part 3!

Angry-forehead-vein symbols mean that you're meant to be louder than everyone else, not quieter!

Let's try to figure this out. There are humans and CPUs that are also goddesses, which are elected or something? And one being that is neither human or goddess, but is man-made. Would that make the CPUs not man-made? I'm confused.

If the little sister Nepgear is the Game Gear, then the other little sisters are probably the Gameboy and the PSP.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'll have to heed your warnings next time.

This one wasn't funny or entertaining because there really wasn't any material to work with. Atelier Unskippable's are among the absolute best on the other hand.

At least this game stars somewhat appealing oversexualize anime girls. If the same info was being told to us colour swapped Mario Brother 'Toads', I wouldn't have been able to stay awake for the full 5 minutes.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Mydnyght said:
Sheer volume of boob is right.
I mean, early in the game (I did say last week I have this game), we meet *another* CPU. And yes, boobs and all.
And yet ANOTHER one appears halfway into the game. And yes...
BOOBS. That is all. And you thought the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown had BOOBS.

...Actually, I'm not sure whose are bigger...

Oh, and "humans inside your console?" That somehow reminded me of Little Computer People...
Welp, that's it. Never playing this game. Not because of the fanservice or because its systems are damn near unplayable, but that dialogue is just atrocious. Although the in-game jokes aren't half bad. Oh, and she's definitely bigger than the Sorceress by sheer mass difference, she's way bigger than she is in general.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Wow, this game ... Strange fan-fiction versions of consoles as characters weren't enough, so they also had to be anime-girl stereotypes, with corresponding boobsizes, and goddesses.

On the other hand, congrats to your computer. Does that mean your PC is HuK? Quite frankly, he is the only Canadian I know of who plays on that level other than Scarlett, and she is definitely not a computer.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
I concur, that really felt shorter than it was. Probably due to the brilliant commentary (from you guys, not from the characters), what with time passing quicker when you're having fun...

Sooo...
Part 3?
You know we'll watch it.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Kind of glad I didn't buy this game at the last convention I was at when I saw it.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
Oh god, I know I said I wouldn't watch this but for some reason...

I really can't believe 1. that they really made this (ok, well Japan so ok) but 2. I can't believe that anyone translated it and assumed they would really make money. But at least they hired terrible voice actresses so I imagine they didn't pay much if anything.

deathjavu

Nov 18, 2009
You guys having us vote on this game (and then having to continue) reminds me of a bit from commodore hustle (paraphrased, too lazy to look up the exact lines):

"Ugh, do we have to play it?"

"Well, 40 people voted for this game."

"I didn't know we had 40 people that hated us that much!"

Maksim Tsirulnik

Sep 2, 2013
This is going to be dull exposition post so feel free to skip this comment.

To start, there are currently four games in this series with two more in the works, one of which is nearing its release in Japan. Only the first three games are available in English. Those are "Hyperdimension Neptunia", "HDN MK2", and "HDN Victory" all on the PS3. The last three are on the PSVita and the only one that released so far is Japanese exclusive.

There is also an anime, currently airing with 8 episodes already out at the time this comment was made.

In Gameindustri, there are four CPUs, Console Patron Unit, who rule their respective nations (Planeptune, Lastation, Lowee, and Leanbox). They are kinda like goddesses so that also makes them ageless. Three of the Four CPU's have little sisters, the CPU candidates. The CPU's represent consoles while the CPU Candidate's represent portable systems. Each CPU, and CPU candidate, have a human form and a CPU form they can transform into. Vert has no little sister since there is no XBox portable console. The game they were playing in the last part showed their CPU forms.

Also, the game they were playing is an in-joke, as it is called "Four-Goddesses: Online".

Purple Heart (Neptune) = Sega Neptune
Purple Sister (Nepgear) = Sega Game Gear
Black Heart (Noire) = PS3
Black Sister (Uni) = PSP
White Heart (Blanc) = Wii
White Sisters (Ram and Rom) = DS
Green Heart (Vert) - XBox360

As of Victory, there are 2-3 more CPUs.

There are also 2 types of human characters. Regular humans and Makers. Makers are human characters who are typically stronger than normal people and represent certain companies. None have actually appeared yet on Unskippable so bare with me.

IF = Idea Factory (Appears in 1, MK2, and V)
Compa = Compile Heart (Appears in 1, MK2, and V)
Nisa = NISA (Appears in 1 and MK2)
Gust = Gust (Appears in 1 and MK2)
5pb = 5pb (Appears in 1 and MK2)
Red = Red Entertainment (Appears only in 1)
Cave = CAVE (Appears only in MK2)
Falcom = Nihon Falcom (Appears in MK2 and Victory)
Broccoli = Broccoli (Appears only in V)
CC2 = Cyberconnect2 (Appears only in V)
Mages = MAGES (Appears only in V)
MarvelousAQL = Marvelous AQL (Appears only in V)
Tekken = Tekken (Appears only in V)
Compile (a.k.a. 1st Gen Compa) = Compile (Appears in MK2 and Victory, not playable in either)

There is a crap load of more stuff I'm not covering, like Arfoire (R4) and Pirachu (Pirating + Pikachu) but anyone who's interested now can just go and look up this stuff themselves.