Unskippable: Legendary

buggy65

Aug 13, 2008
I had to review this game for my newspaper. I gave it 2/10 and titled it "Epic Fail". That game was sooooo bad.

DanHibiki

Aug 5, 2009
Why did they spend so much money hiring some thief to do this when they could have just gotten a security guard drunk and dared him to stick his hand in to the box.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Wow you guys are good. I just started playing it last night. Hopefully this will promote it so I can find a match. Lol ya like that'll happen.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
The last riff was the best; "now to spend the next ten hours or so with my hand bobbing around in front of my face".

Normally with this I laugh with a "oh that's funny" laugh, but that last one gave me a full-on belly laugh, I haven't had one of those in a long time. Thanks Graham and Paul!

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
this game has an "OPENING"?
guess this would be kinda boring, if it didn't.
what kind of game would it be if it includes "pandoras box" without opening it?
starring at a box, having the ONLY choice if you open it or not, and if you decide NOT to open it you win the game imediately, but you will have to look at the box forever like a neverlasting screensaver. AND you have to make shure noone else opens the box.
so you better lock your console/computer/mac (if available for mac) in the closet.

or just open the box... what could go wrong?
the game kinda expects you to do so anyways, even if you are aware of what a bad idea that is.
some games are based on bad ideas and turned out good, or at least less bad as they started.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
Actualy, more like Pandora's box at the bottom of the ocean opened up the curse of Twilight and it's fans. Though Avatar coulda been slipped in too, Iunno. I'd say Twilight was the bigger one. ;D

Nice job guys.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
I'd completely forgotten about this game.

I should really get past the first level. Or was I on the second?

When my brother beat it, he said it wasn't that good, but expressed interest in the sequel.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Good vid, loved the James Cameron reference.

dalek sec said:
Eric the Orange said:
Seriously, what part of Pandoras box didn't he understand.
Yeah, this is pretty much my main question as well. It's Pandoras box for the love of the gods! Also, objects that whisper and talk to you are never good things, just ask Fulgrim about that....
My stuffed animals whisper to me all the time, but I just ignore them. "Come play with us, Bert, forever, and ever...."
canadamus_prime said:
My cheap knock-off senses are tingling.
Also what part of 'Never Open' does that guy not understand. Of course one has to wonder, if the box was never to be opened, why did they even make a key for it.
I always wonder about that when there's a plot device that involves something that's "Never meant to be opened." If it was never meant to be opened, why did you even make it possible to open it?
That is the basis for philosophy. Like this week's quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101125-Take-this-Quiz-to-Discover-What-Kind-of-Gamer-You-Are], there is no one right answer.
Psylenia said:
And on a sidenote, let's thank GAWD that George Lucas had nothing to do with this...or that guy would have LOST that hand -_-
And would have replaced it with a lightsaber Ash style. Wait...that actually sounds cool.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
... that was the most annoying accent ever. I'm getting to the point whre if there isn't a clear reason to have the accent, then tehy should probably just not have it. Or maybe use a different, less cliche one.

anyway, yes, I loved the bioshock reference.

illiterate

Sep 10, 2008
I was waiting for "new game" to show you the cutscene again.

Nerding out here a bit, but doesn't the "pandora's box" seem to be oddly conflated with the Ark of the Covenant stories, the scenes of taking it into battle.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
BlueHighwind said:
We are the Council of 98 not because we have 98 members, but because all of our computers still use Windows 98. Also, we're bitter enemies with the Council of 95.
Wouldn't they be your ancestors? Your nemesis should be the Council of Fruits.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
"So that's what James Cameron was doing for all those years! Pandora's Box unleashed AVATAR upon the world!"

Your humor appeases me.

Nemesha

Jun 23, 2009
"Oh textmessage from his mom there"
"You stabbed me!"

brilliant, also the 'moaning'sounds when he tries to insert the 'key' was well placed

Awesome review guys.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
samsonguy920 said:
canadamus_prime said:
My cheap knock-off senses are tingling.
Also what part of 'Never Open' does that guy not understand. Of course one has to wonder, if the box was never to be opened, why did they even make a key for it.
I always wonder about that when there's a plot device that involves something that's "Never meant to be opened." If it was never meant to be opened, why did you even make it possible to open it?
That is the basis for philosophy. Like this week's quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101125-Take-this-Quiz-to-Discover-What-Kind-of-Gamer-You-Are], there is no one right answer.
I'm not talking about philosophy, I'm talking about logic. Like logically if you don't want something opened, you ensure that there is absolutely no way to open it. Granted that doesn't allow for very interesting storytelling, but at least it makes sense.

psivamp

Jan 7, 2010
LLORTREPUS said:
Its a shame that the cutscene doesn't show all the werewolves, minotaurs, griffins and ghosts that fly out of that thing.
Legendary was a good looking game, and the story had potential. Unfortunately, the story fades away pretty quickly and the game consists of 'walk through this straight path, killing monsters. Then eat their souls.'
You eat their souls? I remember playing the demo and being completely unimpressed.