Unskippable: Sonic Unleashed

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
After you pointed out how carefully the mustache was rendered, I couldn't look at anything else. Creepy.

InsaneFool

The Dude Abides
Jan 18, 2010
In Space, no one can hear you scream...unless you are Hogwolf Sonic, then screaming is heard by all.

digipinky75910

Aug 25, 2009
Country
us
Wow, I've never played a Sonic game before, but this cutscene actually looks pretty impressive. Isn't Sonic *already* half man half hog? Isn't he really just becoming more hog? A game based on SatAm cartoon might be cool.

What is that thing Sonic is in? And why does it turn him into a werehog? And turn the Chaos Emeralds into rocks?

Did getting dropped from space, despite the vacuum of space, just kill Sonic from the drop?

I always mentally change "Eggman" to "Robotnik". No one fears a bloody egg-person. The only Eggman that was cool was John Lennon.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
"Okay, based on this screenshot alone tell me which game this is".

Uhhh.... Final Fantasy X!

No?? Damn, I always lose at this!

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Okay, just to set a baseline. I loved old-school sonic. I used to play Sonic 2 for the Sega Genesis all the time. I thought that the cartoons (both western versions) were the best thing ever. Heck, I still own some of the books (somewhere). That being said, the series either needs to go back to 2D or die. End of story. Oh yeah, and "Eggman" needs about 4 CCs of pure, concentrated evil and a common sense booster stat.

Anyway, great show. Looking forward to another one.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Wow, if I had not seen the in-game play... That looks like a really serious business.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
As I recall, Eggman was supposed to be a sort of joke name, something that Dr. R's enemies called him to mock him because of his shape. At what point did it become his real name? And, more importantly, who thought it was a good idea to do that?

thestickman91

Sep 18, 2009
Why is it that in the first scene sonic was unaffected by the vacuum of space, but then later it pulls him out of the ship?

MarxonSR1

Apr 28, 2009
Awesome episode, I was expecting the Corellian Cruiser to sly past swiftly followed by the Imperial Star destroyer. Sonic will do I suppose.
I think I may hate the intro simply because the game is nothing like it, and I feel suckered in for liking the intro.

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Ok, I have to be honest about something (by the way great episode today guys).

Who made the decision to change the Escapist opening at the beginning of all their videos from the dissolving film reel to this picture of the word "Escapist" with the high pitched "HA!" sound. It's really freaking annoying and I ALWAYS mute it at the beginning of the video so I don't have to hear it. I thought the old one was cool and didn't blow out my eardrums. Anyone else have an issue with it?

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
WastedHero said:
Ok, I have to be honest about something (by the way great episode today guys).

Who made the decision to change the Escapist opening at the beginning of all their videos from the dissolving film reel to this picture of the word "Escapist" with the high pitched "HA!" sound. It's really freaking annoying and I ALWAYS mute it at the beginning of the video so I don't have to hear it. I thought the old one was cool and didn't blow out my eardrums. Anyone else have an issue with it?
Just, wow. People here really like to complain about the lamest things and make a fuss of everything.

Jun 6, 2009
This is probably the thing that made my month. This show is now my new MST3K.

And because I'm an old SEGA fanboy....

Blue streaks... Speeds by...
Sonic! He can really move!
Sonic! He's got an additude!
Sonic! He's the fastest thing alive!

He's the fastest thing alive!

Ah.... Childhood...

Darkstar370

Nov 5, 2009
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
This is probably the thing that made my month. This show is now my new MST3K.

And because I'm an old SEGA fanboy....

Blue streaks... Speeds by...
Sonic! He can really move!
Sonic! He's got an additude!
Sonic! He's the fastest thing alive!

He's the fastest thing alive!

Ah.... Childhood...
If you're strong, you can fly
You can reach the other side of the rainbow.
It's your right, take a chance
'cause there's no circumstance
That you can't handle (when you use your mind)

Sonic boom, sonic boom
Trouble makes you running faster
Sonic boom, sonic boom
Save the planet from disaster
Sonic boom, sonic boom
Spinning through a world in motion
Sonic boom, sonic boom
Take it all the way!