Unskippable: Sonic Unleashed

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Scary thing is this cutscene was best part of this game, they didn't endure your flying sidekick purple guy.

paralost

Aug 7, 2009
wow that was an incredibly well done cut scene for a freaking sonic game that was horrible. its like they tried to take the worst part from every genre and mash it together.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Sonic & Mario...will they die gracefully or be dragged kicking & screaming into the grave?

You: "Wait a minute, he's in SPACE. How did he get there?"

Me: "Sam & Max drove him there in the Desoto."

miquelfire

Red Fire
Dec 24, 2008
darian Nenith said:
Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.
Have you played the Wii/PS2 version? You must have the 360/PS3 (which appears to be what this cut scene is from as the title doesn't appear in the Wii version...)

-BloodRush-

Dec 15, 2009
darian Nenith said:
Darkstar370 said:
darian Nenith said:
Pretty good episode. I actually thought it was a pretty good cut scene. I don't understand why everyone hates the game, I've had loads of fun with it. Speed levels are awesome, and the were-hog levels are tolerable, if only because they're mostly platforming.
That's because they blindly believe everything that Yahtzee says.
Yes, good point. It's a shame, too, because the game has some incredibly fun levels, a couple of which even stand up to good old sonic adventure 2...
until they are able to give sonic glory again, i support everything yahtzee said about this game.

Spider Expert

Mar 6, 2009
Coming from a guy who hasn't played a sonic game since Sonic 3 on the Sega that video made me feel uncomfortable.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I don't care if it's Sonic or not, that's fricking epic!

Also, why didn't you make a life-stream joke at the end?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So... the intro beginning cribbed from Star Wars, and the intro end cribbed from Final Fantasy. And yet you guys somehow managed to squeeze in Flash Gordon, Dragonball Z, Power Rangers AND Onimusha along the way. Someone call Stephen Hawking; we may have to check the Rules of Physics handbook here to make sure this doesn't exceed some "awesome per square inch" guideline.

You do have to give Robotnik a bit of credit, however. Nobody in DBZ ever managed to destroy a planet in less than ten episodes (flashbacks notwithstanding). Robotnik managed it in forty-five seconds... with a giant tampon applicator.

TheDirector said:
I love how the Wolfman Ad was before this.
Yeah, that was a bizarre little bit of synergy there.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Distorted Stu said:
Wow, that did look good concidering it was for a kids game.
Omg, i cant stop laughing at the tampon applicator :')
That stung me pretty well too. The stuff preceding it got a chuckle out of me, like the space station electric blender line and the "Oh no, if only I had some super ability to run!"

One Hot Pocket is better than no Hot Pocket, Graham! Now, EAT THAT HOT POCKET! Haha.. Then the "Molten magma" stung o.o Brilliant wording. And no, not *GASP* The Spirits Within! :O I have never met anyone that enjoyed that odd little.. "Movie"..

And finally, Graham? I hope no one has to find out. Let's leave that planet be, 'kay?

WastedHero

Jan 14, 2009
Darkstar370 said:
WastedHero said:
Ok, I have to be honest about something (by the way great episode today guys).

Who made the decision to change the Escapist opening at the beginning of all their videos from the dissolving film reel to this picture of the word "Escapist" with the high pitched "HA!" sound. It's really freaking annoying and I ALWAYS mute it at the beginning of the video so I don't have to hear it. I thought the old one was cool and didn't blow out my eardrums. Anyone else have an issue with it?
Just, wow. People here really like to complain about the lamest things and make a fuss of everything.
Like people complaining about other people complaining?