UPDATE: Microsoft Disallows Public Lesbians on Xbox Live

Ricky 49

Jan 10, 2009
Well depends on the person really.

if they are a homosexual person who constantly goes on about their desires in a vulgar way, like if a heterosexual person constantly talks about their desires for the opposite sex in similarly vulgar way (don't make me give examples) then yeah straight or gay they should be banned, doesn't matter what sexuality you are you should keep you sexual deisres out of online gameing

If it?s just mentioned it in their bio or whatever and they just play the game and had normal discussions online then no they shouldn?t banned

But by the sounds of things this person was the later catagory so I think they shouldn?t have been banned

Fronken

May 10, 2008
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:
"They followed me into the games and told all the other players to turn me in because they didn't want to see that crap or their kids to see that crap"

KIDS SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THE GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE!

God damnit, there are truely some retarded idiots out there...

Microsoft, wtf is your problem?, seriously?, What difference does one's sexual preference do in gaming!?
Ok, what? Kids shouldn't play videogames?
*Hits you in head*
Halo 3 - Rated M for Mature (17+): Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence. (Taken from www.halo3.com)

Would you mind explaining where it says that kids should be playing that game?, seeing as you quite clearly think they should...

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Anton P. Nym said:
Lukeydoodly said:
Ah I see. People get banned for putting the word lesbian in their profiles, but people can spam ****** ****** ****** during games in which players are abusing glitches and lagging their connections and get away with it.

Go M$.
Maybe you could be part of the solution and report these bastards so they know who's misbehaving, instead of sitting aside and uselessly whining that Microsoft doesn't have more surveillance powers than the British government.

-- Steve
Don't assume that I don't report people thanks.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
yzzlthtz said:
I think most parents' fear is that their children will wind up being homosexual if they are exposed to it. Ironically, I'm pretty sure that feeling comfortable and free to express and explore your sexuality (taking leads from people who do) prevents repressed thoughts and feelings which lead to not only much stranger sexual tendencies than basic homosexuality, but anxiety, depression, and sexual violence.
If that would be true, it would simply make most parents utter retards. Should we listen to retards? No. You're right in the latter btw, suppression can be pretty harmfull.

Anyway, in the end, these 2 sum it up pretty good
MaxTheReaper said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Microsoft: Because bigots pay more than you do.
Or, rather: Microsoft: Because the majority is always right.
Microsoft listens to bigotry. And we all know that money is the most important!
This girl should be unbanned immidiatly, it's rediculous that people can't be honest about their sexuality. There is no single reason why they should keep it a secret.

PS: [Quagmire voice] We got a picture of her? Hehehe, giggety! [/Quagmire voice]

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Cheeze_Pavilion said:
Rajin Cajun said:
I support Microsoft. Stomp down the minorities before they try and steal the power. STOMP THEM DOWN I SAY!
Keep your trampling fetish out of my forum! I'm offended! I need to report everyone now! ;-P
Thought Police here, everyone freeze! Crimethink detected. Miniluv onsite.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
MaxFan said:
When playing a game, this is simply not something I need to know. And why would you put that out there in a community you (should) know is filled with people who are going to give you trouble for it? I know not everyone on the service is like that, but there are enough of them.
I put down that I'm an Atheist.

Honestly most people don't check your gamer profile, so it must've either been her name or that she announced it in the game. How many times have you scrolled through a profile and cared? I only do that to my friends basically. Either way she shouldn't be banned, but I don't know enough to judge. If she just put down 'proud lesbian' then that's fine, but if it turns out to be something truly offensive then she does deserve it.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:
"They followed me into the games and told all the other players to turn me in because they didn't want to see that crap or their kids to see that crap"

Microsoft, wtf is your problem?, seriously?, What difference does one's sexual preference do in gaming!?
*Hits you in head*
Halo 3 - Rated M for Mature (17+): Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence. (Taken from www.halo3.com)

Would you mind explaining where it says that kids should be playing that game?, seeing as you quite clearly think they should...

Some kids are more mature than others. I was playing Leisure Suit Larry when I was 6 and it didn't boobies effect me in any boobie way. I've played with a few kids that boobies were respectful and intelligent on Xboobie Live. Different people = different levels of maturity.

Boobies.

MrHero17

Jul 11, 2008
That's a stupid thing for MS to do, gives me the feeling they just have a computer sorting through these things since you'd have to be a couple different kinds of stupid to hurt your company's revenue and public image by banning a customer who has a word in there profile.

It's not an offensive word anyway, it's a description, a socially acceptable adjective, I mean what else do you call lesbians besides lesbians?

Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
Some kids are more mature than others. I was playing Leisure Suit Larry when I was 6 and it didn't boobies effect me in any boobie way. I've played with a few kids that boobies were respectful and intelligent on Xboobie Live. Different people = different levels of maturity.

Boobies.
If these kids are mature enough to play Halo there mature enough to see thw word lesbian on a screen.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.
It doesn't matter if some kids are and so on. They aren't allowed to play a game that is rated M.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.
Yes, some kids are more mature than others, but if the game isn't meant for them, then they have no right to complain, seeing as there's a reason its not meant for them.

It's like if a 12 year old sneak into a movie meant for 18+, he has no right to complain if what he saw scarred him, as he was warned by the warning lable.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Vlane said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.
It doesn't matter if some kids are and so on. They aren't allowed to play a game that is rated M.
And marijuana is illegal and you can't drink until you're 21 and you can't get into R rated movies.....

See what I'm getting at?

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Fronken said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.
Yes, some kids are more mature than others, but if the game isn't meant for them, then they have no right to complain, seeing as there's a reason its not meant for them.

It's like if a 12 year old sneak into a movie meant for 18+, he has no right to complain if what he saw scarred him, as he was warned by the warning lable.
They have a right to complain. Not to get compensation or be taken seriously, but they still have the right to complain. :p

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Vlane said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.
And marijuana is illegal and you can't drink until you're 21 and you can't get into R rated movies.....

See what I'm getting at?
Honestly...no, read my last post please.

If someone under the legal drinking age chooses to drink, then its their own faults if they get into trouble, there's no one forcing underage people to drink, its their own choice, and they go against the legal age restrictions.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.

They have a right to complain. Not to get compensation or be taken seriously, but they still have the right to complain. :p
It's their own fault, so no, they dont have the right to complain, its like if someone gets drunk and decides to drive his car, if he crashes into a tree and gets paralyzed for the rest of his life, its his own fault.

Same thing with people playing games they arent supposed to be playing. ^^

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Fronken said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Vlane said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.

See what I'm getting at?
Honestly...no, read my last post please.

If someone under the legal drinking age chooses to drink, then its their own faults if they get into trouble, there's no one forcing underage people to drink, its their own choice, and they go against the legal age restrictions.
I agree that they shouldn't be given any compensation to it, but the fact that a game or movie or CD has a ratings label means nothing at all. Kids are still going to get it. It's basically up to the parent to watch and allow certain things, but when it comes down to it kids will find a way to play the games and do what they want. Nothing can really be done to prevent this.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Fronken said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Fronken said:
scotth266 said:
Fronken said:

*Hits you in head*

Boobies.

It's their own fault, so no, they dont have the right to complain, its like if someone gets drunk and decides to drive his car, if he crashes into a tree and gets paralyzed for the rest of his life, its his own fault.

Same thing with people playing games they arent supposed to be playing. ^^
The drunk driver still has a right to complain. People won't take him seriously, but he does have the right to complain.