Valve Confirms DotA 2 for 2011

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
Sewer Rat said:
Umm, valve weren't you supposed to be working on a certain new episode to the game which put you on the fucking map?
Dude, Half Life was released like a decade ago. Wouldn't make more sense to make, like, Half Life 2 episode 3 or something?

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Choppaduel said:
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I need my fps's!!!

anything, even an original one

cmon valve
You and me both.

What's this shit.. please.. make more FPSs

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
No episode 3 then, never even heard of DOTA until valve bought it or whatever.
Remember, pretty much ever game but the half-life games were based around mods. Team Fortress, Counter Strike, PORTAL even, all of them were mods before Valve made them there own.

It is also good to see the developer step out of their FPS roots and expand into other genres.

Requx

Mar 28, 2010
Arcanz said:
DotA? by Valve? omgahd omghad omghad?!?!? I want it, I love DotA and I love Valve. This has to be good.
Me too :D this is gonna be awesome!

gurall200

Apr 14, 2009
Unless they do something about the community surrounding that game (and by do something, I mean something violent and horribly cruel), this won't do well for more then a month, the community in DOTA is awful, it's a community of elitist pricks who don't want anyone new to come on, I've never been on a DOTA server where I haven't been kicked in 5 minutes or yelled at for being a "newb".

As for the lack of Episode 3, I'm convinced there making Half-Life 3 or something at this point.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
Okay so that's announcement #1. Pretty cool, never played the original but I'll probably end up checking this out when it comes out.

It's also law now that whenever there's a valve news post I have to ask..."Where is Episode 3!?"

Nick Holmgren

Feb 13, 2010
So, valve. You might recall this game called half life. you see it was really good, heck had an even better squeal with 2 awesome expansions to said squeal. Sad thing is that there where supposed to be 3 expansions. Remember that? I know you have otehr things, like L4D, Portal 2, alien swarm, TF2 updates on a minutely basis, and aparantly now digging up WC3 mods to make into full games, but we were kinda hoping the next expansion would come out in less then say, 6 years. You know, cause episodic content meant games could come out more often.

Crazyjay

Jan 6, 2010
hmm... i like dota and like valve, but i feel this just wont work. dota was all about playing constantly because it had alot of replay value, valve games dont have replay value at all, this sounds horribles in my opinion

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
@all those complaing about a lack of Half Life: Please note that it's only been 3 years. Half Life 2 took twice that, and there's no reason why Half Life 3 will be any faster. Please politely shut up about it until 2013.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
I can understand if Valve wants to try different types of games, but if you start a series, at least finish it.The way things are going, we're going to have to wait at least 4 years, since 2011 seems tied up with other games. It's taking longer to release Episode 3 than it did to release episode one and two.

As for Dota 2, I wasn't really a fan of it in the first place, but since it's Valve, I'll at least try it.

Delusibeta said:
@all those complaing about a lack of Half Life: Please note that it's only been 3 years. Half Life 2 took twice that, and there's no reason why Half Life 3 will be any faster. Please politely shut up about it until 2013.
It took them six years to release a full game. The idea of the episodes was to cut down on time between the releases. If it was Half Life 3, I would agree with you.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
I love DotA, I played one of the first ones back when they came out, and I've loved them ever since. DotA was one of the few things I actually missed when I stopped playing Warcraft III. I'll totally buy this when it comes out.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
Yeeeaaaahhhhhh!

Time to go omnislash some bitches! And by bitches i mean my friends, who are going to loose.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Stop whining about Episode 3. I've accepted that there will never been a follow up to Dreamfall, why cant you guys accept no Episode 3?

ydkwidrmw

Aug 6, 2009
I think DOTA2 is good news, but I would have been better if they took the opportunity to introduce something new. I think a DOTA with a science fiction theme would have been interesting and more fitting with VALVE. Also changing it up would have made the original DOTA community less pissed off with 'stealing' their game. I wonder if they will change any of the game mechanics...