Valve Fans Form Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Group

MisterColeman

Mar 19, 2009
Actually their manifesto is completely true in every way and I long for the day when we can all see something and agree on what the @$*#@ reality is.

3LANCER

Sep 11, 2008
I think it's going to be merge-able with first L4D, you know - if you have the first game then you can play with all characters on all maps etc. Just hoping Valve will give discount to people who own L4D1.

Oh yeah, one more thing - need the Episode 3 here!

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Hopefully there will be an actual single player componant rather than just running through all FOUR maps with ass-retarded A.I.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
CNKFan said:
Hopefully there will be an actual single player componant rather than just running through all FOUR maps with ass-retarded A.I.
But the game was designed for Online gaming NOT single player.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
I enjoy L4D it's really fun, however I agree with some points here. I wouldn't go as far as to join in this crusade but these people actually raise some valid points and I myself reacted to the video with a : "L4D2, already?"

Whether this is an very early vid or not, it looks like a very odd TF2 mod not a L4D game. I would have expected more DLC for the original as its still going strong and there is no reason to get on the L4D2 bandwagon as far as a developer is concerned. More Maps would have gone over better and maybe next year a L4D2 announcement would have been a better time. But in the end I'm not a Dev, just a guy who likes shooting Zombies in the face and my team mates in the back with a shotgun so maybe I'm seeing this from the wrong standpoint.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
I know this but I am poor so I have to choose between XBL or food, and I like to eat.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
I know this but I am poor so I have to choose between XBL or food, and I like to eat.
Food makes you fat! XBL doesn't!

(or maybe it does...)

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:

(or maybe it does...)
I am already fat so I might as well stay fat.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Inconsistancies Arise said:
You what i would find funny, if they knew it was going to be like this.So they did an 'Orange box' kinda thing and released all of it at once w/ half life 2 Ep. 3, Left for Dead 1 and 2. With some random portal kinda game thats awesome but short.

All that, and they dont announce that Ep 3 is in it till 2 weeks before release. They just wanted to test their community.

If they did this, its a win for everyone but valve, who have proven that some of their fan base has no hope in them.

They're not fucking Santa Clause, they're a video game publisher/developer. What the hell makes you think they should garner our faith in such a manner? They've done nothing but shit all over their fans for years, this is no different. In fact, this is the exact reason why we don't have faith in valve.

CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
if you had a playstation three you wouldn't have this problem in fact this is the year my PS3 has payed for itself over XBL. Yarr but I don't mean to hijack the thread.

jdnoth

Sep 3, 2008
I sort of agree with the premise of the complaint, which is that valve said they would support the game with free updates, didn't, and now appear to be preparing to sell a game that looks like it's going to consist of the same engine, dynamic etc, just different maps and character skins. Which the fans were assuming they would get for free.

I think attacking the music and characters is a little presumptious, as we've only seen a very short demo, none of which was gameplay. I think I'm going to attribute these criticisms to the antagonizers trying to find some padding for what would otherwise have been a quite small manifesto. I would also like to add that Valve havent stated that they would pull support for Left 4 Dead when the sequel comes out. And it's probably worth checking these things with valve before creating hysterically critical attacks of a company that has so far treated their consumers with an unmatched amount of respect and free things. I can't help but see these people as the consumer equivilant of a baby throwing a tantrum.

My first thoughts when I saw the trailer at e3 were that it was the result of a very short development cycle, which is pretty uncharacteristic for a Valve game, and that they couldn't possibly have had enough time to improve on the franchise sufficiently to justify selling it as an entirely new game. I think I was somewhat vindicated when I saw that the only selling points of this game are a change in scenery, and the addition of melee weapons. Usually when a sequel for such a popular game comes out this fast, I just attribute it to money grubbing on the part of the company executives, and although that isn't really valve's style, they havent done anything to convince me otherwise.

And you said you would bring out your new games on the ps3, Valve, why am i being forced to look at more microsoft exclusives?

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
To all those that complain that this should be DLC, I don't think Valve supports the practice. And yes, L4D was a test! They listened to complaints and improved on it, hence L4D2. Wait, wasn't Portal a test too?

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
I think the uproar about L4D2 is a bit ridiculous. Your all complaing about a game coming out too soon? Now if it had been coming out years later people would ***** that it took too long. Their is just no pleasing everyone and I think valve gets that. They have to go with what they thinkis right and lets face facts, people will buy it. Even the people who are boycotting it now will end up buying it. It would seem to the person from the outside looking in that everyone just fears change. If its going to be good or not no one can say yet, the game isnt out for a true honest to God yay or nay opinion of it to be out. This is just a big case of everyone going along with the first persons reaction to disagree. It really is amazing at how people will follow anyone given the right situation. Give Valve some credit for trying to please all the people that enjoyed L4D. I will agree that I was shocked at how soon it was but dont bite the hand that feeds you and for crying out loud give it a chance BEFORE you start to dog it.

^_^

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Idiots. Actual idiots.
Most of that manifesto is either a) untrue or b) negative bullshit.

If they dont like it, THEN DONT BLOODY PLAY IT.

EDIT: Do they not realise that L4D1 was just a test, that valve weren't particularly pleased with?

Screw them, i'll be enjoying the sequel while they moan.

/rant
Not rant, more like.

/truth.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
AnGeL.SLayer said:
I think the uproar about L4D2 is a bit ridiculous. Your all complaing about a game coming out too soon? Now if it had been coming out years later people would ***** that it took too long. Their is just no pleasing everyone and I think valve gets that. They have to go with what they thinkis right and lets face facts, people will buy it. Even the people who are boycotting it now will end up buying it. It would seem to the person from the outside looking in that everyone just fears change. If its going to be good or not no one can say yet, the game isnt out for a true honest to God yay or nay opinion of it to be out. This is just a big case of everyone going along with the first persons reaction to disagree. It really is amazing at how people will follow anyone given the right situation. Give Valve some credit for trying to please all the people that enjoyed L4D. I will agree that I was shocked at how soon it was but dont bite the hand that feeds you and for crying out loud give it a chance BEFORE you start to dog it.

^_^
The thing is if they did change it, the fans would moan that it's too different.

I mean, people moaned about Gears 2 being too different, there the same bloody game!

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
WrongSprite said:
Idiots. Actual idiots.
Most of that manifesto is either a) untrue or b) negative bullshit.

If they dont like it, THEN DONT BLOODY PLAY IT.

EDIT: Do they not realise that L4D1 was just a test, that valve weren't particularly pleased with?

Screw them, i'll be enjoying the sequel while they moan.

/rant
You can't say "Just play L4D" because NOBODY ELSE WILL BE PLAYING IT. That is what they are saying. The thing that really bugs people is that ALL OF THIS COULD BE DLC. New maps, melee weapons, new special infected, etc. Do they have any reason to charge us for this when we've already paid good money for L4D? I thought that Valve prided themselves on consumer satisfaction, not profit. The art direction does go against a lot of things that Valve said in the commentary, and I want L4D to have atmosphere and be full of tension, which I just don't think they could do in bright daylight.

Squarez

Apr 17, 2009
CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
Then why did you buy Left 4 Dead, if you can't afford $60/£40 which will last you a year, why buy a game for $60/£40 that you wouldn't enjoy without XBL.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
As a L4D fan I think these people are morons. I will enjoy the sequel it has the chance to improve on things that DLC could not...

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:
oliveira8 said:
CNKFan said:

(or maybe it does...)
I am already fat so I might as well stay fat.
If your fat then you can go a few months without food. Video games=weight loss.