Valve Fans Form Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Group

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
L4D is not really as great a game as I was lead to believe, it's not bad I just never feel like playing it.

L4D2? we will see... -.-

Deguasser

Feb 18, 2009
* Significant content for L4D1 was promised, and never delivered
* Valve put little faith in L4D1 since they almost certainly started working on L4D2 right after release
* The fact that L4D2 is nearly identical to L4D1 will decimate the community for both games
* The announced date is not nearly enough time to polish content or make significant gameplay changes
* The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far
* L4D2 is too colourful to fit in with L4D1's visual aesthetic
* The fiddle-based horde music is extremely disliked, though the differently orchestrated music is otherwise welcome
* L4D2's release will result in a drop in quality and frequency for L4D1 content, even compared to before
* The community has lost faith in Valve's former reputation for commitment to their games post-release

Can someone say flamewar?

Also if they didn't have faith for L4D then they wouldn't have started a sequel and this community (no-l4d2) is a bunch of tards'

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
WrongSprite said:
Idiots. Actual idiots.
Most of that manifesto is either a) untrue or b) negative bullshit.

If they dont like it, THEN DONT BLOODY PLAY IT.

EDIT: Do they not realise that L4D1 was just a test, that valve weren't particularly pleased with?

Screw them, i'll be enjoying the sequel while they moan.

/rant
Agreed completely. These people are just idiots, and they don't seem to realise that what they are doing is absolutely pointless. Like this 'boycott' is really going to stop development of something that's already being developed. Just because Episode 3 isn't out yet... Plus, big studios like Valve have different teams working on different projects. Hence it's likely that the people behind L4D and L4D2 had and have nothing to do with Half Life or it's many expansions and sequels and so on. Hence there's probably little or no effect of L4D2 on the development time of Episode 3. Just becuase Episode 3 is taking a long time, doesn't mean there should be no further development in the company on anything else.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
I'm suprised nobody called a waaahmbulance. I thought they were specifically commissioned for this sort of work.
How can you complain about a sequel coming out early? You can either buy a bunch of DLC for L4D, which isn't all gonna be free, or you can buy a new game.

Why whine? It's not like buying L4D2 locks your copy of L4D so you can never play it again.
Personally, I think they should boycott the internet.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
These people obviously don't understand the Left 4 Dead team.

They didn't want to release the original Left 4 Dead. They only did so because they needed more funds. Left 4 Dead 2 will be the true project they originally intended to make.

I'm pretty sure Valve will give a discount to Left 4 Dead owners anyways.
Uh where did you hear this, because I've never heard anything at all that would suggest this at all. Source or it didn't happen.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
The only legitimate complaint I see is that significant content was promised for L4D, but not delivered. Since I never, ever read any type of news deal pertaining to any Valve promises of keeping L4D fresh, I frankly don't give a shit. I considered the community breaking up in two to be a bad thing at first, before realizing the only people that would still play L4D would be these idiots.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Hmm, you know, I wasn't gonna get the game, but now I may get it out of spite. Fat lot of good their boycott is doing :p

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I feel a bit miffed that they say, "It was just an experiment" and that they weren't pleased with it. that's like selling your friend a car, then saying, "Oh yeah, that hunk of shit."

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I've seen trailers and teasers for many games that were released only 6 months later, and the two didn't mesh completely. It's the same for movies, many scenes shown in a trailer end up on the cutting room floor, and music is a lot of times last minute to be added to a final product, so getting uptight about just hearing a few seconds of banjo music is just plain silly. If it is true that L4D1 wasn't supposed to be released, then we just got many months of access to working alpha or beta product that we could play to our delight online. I definitely call that my money's worth, and I am looking forward to seeing more content with L4D2. And I am definitely not expecting the characters we see in the teaser to be what we get in the game. What would be WIN for this game, is if it was released as a sequel, but in gameplay like an expansion, where 1's maps and characters are available in 2. Being able to mix and match 8 or such toons to a 4 player game would definitely create a lot more variety than just having 4 new characters that you end up stuck with on the new maps.

A touch of irony, is the whiners(and hangers-on who just joined to join something)who join this boycott group, end up on ban lists for other groups when the game comes out. "Oh you wanted to play? But you just spent months saying you didn't! Too bad, so sad."

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
FoxParadox said:
gibboss28 said:
Whining maggots

"Oh noes the music isn't to our taste WE DONT WANT IT!"

...fuck off.

I'm really trying to be nice but...they're just whiny morons.

Actually the banjo music playing in the background when a horde comes in L4D2 does really suck and it breaks the immersion, but I'm still gonna get the game :)
eh i heard it and it wasn't that bad. But still...its a case of waiting for the game.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
When the Valve announce "The Orange Box 2" with this, Portal 2 and Epsiode 3 we'll see who boycotts it ^_^

Bakutakamine

Aug 15, 2008
it's just like Doom and Doom 2 or Fallout and Fo2, it isn't really a sequel in the same way Half Life 2 was a sequel to HL1, it uses the same engine, probably has very few new gameplay components, and basically doesn't look very different from the first

Dragu_

Jun 23, 2008
Lord_Panzer said:
Oooohhh. My. GOD!

Stop complaining! Holy balls, folks, all we know so far is what's shown in about five two-minute videos, and you're finding reason to complain?
IT'S VALVE!! DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'RE GOING TO SCREW IT UP?!?

/unbridled rage.
QFTW. Exactly my thoughts. its valve, nothing bad's gonna come outta this