Valve Fans Form Left 4 Dead 2 Boycott Group

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
All I'm hearing is: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ME NO LIKEY!

They sound like four year olds. I was THRILLED to see that they're going for a brighter asthetic in the sequel: I was starting to wonder why the hell it was always nighttime. Also, why are people pissed about the characters? They're a different crew for a different area. Besides, who knows? Valve might let you play as the original cast too... we still have no idea.

As with regards to content: Valve's still updating TF2, and that came out how long ago now? It's not like Valve has ditched the original: they haven't even announced their plans regarding it yet!

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
MarsProbe said:
Get a life, people.

Ok, I'm not usually that blunt but that is all I have to say to these people. Still, at least the internet gives these sorry souls a place to vent their frustrations.
They have no life, because they have problems with a game? Maybe if some guy works 40 hours a week without pay on helping their cause that's a problem, but what you do in your spare time does not mean you don't have a life unless you know how much time they spend on it.
Lord_Panzer said:
Oooohhh. My. GOD!

Stop complaining! Holy balls, folks, all we know so far is what's shown in about five two-minute videos, and you're finding reason to complain?
IT'S VALVE!! DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'RE GOING TO SCREW IT UP?!?

/unbridled rage.
Yes, because valve is god and criticisms against them are all automatically invalid.
Twilight_guy said:
There is only one thing to say here: "CRY SOME MORE!!"
Yea...shut up.
gibboss28 said:
Whining maggots

"Oh noes the music isn't to our taste WE DONT WANT IT!"

...fuck off.

I'm really trying to be nice but...they're just whiny morons.
They have a whole list of complaints, and you make it sound like they only had one. Also, they weren't all so nitpicky.

So you fuck off.
The Bandit said:
The only legitimate complaint I see is that significant content was promised for L4D, but not delivered. Since I never, ever read any type of news deal pertaining to any Valve promises of keeping L4D fresh, I frankly don't give a shit. I considered the community breaking up in two to be a bad thing at first, before realizing the only people that would still play L4D would be these idiots.
or people who already have the first and don't see much of a significant change in the second and thus won't spend 60$ on that slight improvement?

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I'm in.

The music isn't my problem. The fact they're not supporting L4D when I BOUGHT IT believing they would is.

LuntiX

Aug 23, 2008
Well, the fiddle based music fits in with the location though. Fiddles are popular in the South West where we can assume the game takes place.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
I'm kinda torn. I definitely thought L4D would have a longer shelf life. I just assumed they'd have given it the regular Valve treatment of various updates, expansions, and mods. There's no rage here, just mild surprise I guess. As long as the newer versions brings enough to the table to justify its purpose than I 'm onboard. If not, well, I guess you just gotta protest with your wallet.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wait? Is a fanboy group boycotting the sequel to there game? Oh come on we all know Left 4 dead is fun and everything but it gets old after a while. Between the Rage quitting and now obvious Infected tricks the game loses its appeal. I was playing Left 4 dead today and me and my friend caused 5 diffrent people to quit. This new game offers much needed improvements to the orginal. Instead of looking at left 4 dead as a bad thing why don't they look at Left 4 dead as a beta.

army-88

Sep 4, 2008
I was actually really surprised to hear that L4D2 was coming out & I actually thought my friend was kidding when he told me. It seems kind of strange that they would release a sequel so early after the original came out.
Now thats not a complaint, just more of a suspicion really. It doesnt seem like they could have changed or imroved anything in such short a time. From the trailer it pretty much just looks like they put new skins on everything and added melee weapons. (See new redneck version of the tank for example).
NO-L4D2 just seems ridiculous though. They seem to want to find anything wrong with this game and whine about it. I mean the banjo music? Really? Thats an acinine thing to whine about, if the game is great then just suck it up.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Meado said:
Significant content for L4D1 was promised, and never delivered. True
Valve put little faith in L4D1 since they almost certainly started working on L4D2 right after release. Probably not true, but I can see why they would think that
The fact that L4D2 is nearly identical to L4D1 will decimate the community for both games. Kinda true
The announced date is not nearly enough time to polish content or make significant gameplay changes. They might have a point
The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far. Patience, morons
L4D2 is too colourful to fit in with L4D1's visual aesthetic. We've seen two levels. Shut up and die
The fiddle-based horde music is extremely disliked, though the differently orchestrated music is otherwise welcome. Agreed. Oh god, do I agree.
L4D2's release will result in a drop in quality and frequency for L4D1 content, even compared to before. Again, they might have a point
The community has lost faith in Valve's former reputation for commitment to their games post-release. Oh please. This will do dick to Valve's rep

I can see where they're coming from, but they're over reacting.
THANK YOU! You're actually responding to all their complaints instead of " SOMEONE CALL THE WAAMBULENCE!" or "I'm fine with the fidle"

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Lord_Panzer said:
Oooohhh. My. GOD!

Stop complaining! Holy balls, folks, all we know so far is what's shown in about five two-minute videos, and you're finding reason to complain?

/unbridled rage.
yes, yes i do. /sarcasm. but seriously this is why some fanboys need to be euthanized...the old fashioned way

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
I think they're mad because they feel like they paid for a full-retail-priced game, only to be ditched.

But honestly, if Valve gives L4D-buyers a huge discount, I really don't see what's the problem (assuming they do this anyway).

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
Well most of that was crap and they're BAWWWWing with several months before the game even comes out although they could be legitimate concerns. That being said:

"The new character designs seem bland and unappealing so far
L4D2 is too colourful to fit in with L4D1's visual aesthetic"

The character comment was quite lolz since there isn't even that much known besides profession, appearance, background for the most part. The second one...anyone reminded of the Diablo 3 drama?

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
Skizle said:
Lord_Panzer said:
Oooohhh. My. GOD!

/unbridled rage.
yes, yes i do. /sarcasm. but seriously this is why some fanboys need to be euthanized...the old fashioned way
Deer shank?

Fineldar

Jun 8, 2008
orangebandguy said:
People always complain over change, On Facebook, in TF2 updates and even the new site layout on here. We'll get over it and move on.
Hey, being an old man is a perfectly good behavior! Actually, two of those things you pointed out were actually dumb changes.

I'm not saying L4D is the son of God or anything but this like if the Jews were saying "Dude, Jesus only gave us like 1000 loaves and fishes before going on to heal some of us and some Romans. How the fuck dare he!

Pirate Brahm

Jan 9, 2008
Seems a fairly petty thing to get all worked up over.
(though I am going to miss Francis in the next game)

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
I find it amusing that most of the responses to this example of "waah fanboyism" as many of you have termed it, is far more immature than the manner of the complaint.

They have, it is true, weakened their case by introducing a lot of subjective opinions based on the trailer, but the crux of the argument is that they bought L4D with the promise that it would be supported, but that much of the content which would seem to make sense as DLC or an expansion is in fact being made into a new game, effectively rendering L4D1 the lesser option. Its true, Valve might continue to support L4D2, but it would be bucking the trend of any sensible PC game developer. Sure, you can point to TF2 or whatever, but TF2 has not been superceded by TF3 yet. IF TF3 had been set for release less than a year after TF2, and TF2 had been a stand-alone, £30 product, and much of the content had not been released, then yes, I can see the comparison, but otherwise I'm afraid not.

I can't see the sense of the move on Valve's part either. I was thinking of buying L4D for the summer, when I have some free time, now that it has come down in price, but I certainly won't be doing that now. In addition to annoying their current customers, they've axed the shelf-life of their old product.