Valve Guy Makes His Half-Life 3 T-Shirt Talk

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
RaNDM G said:
Did anyone else come in here expecting a talking t-shirt?
Blast, I wanted to make that remark.

But seriously, when I see an article about a talking T-shirt, I EXPECT THERE TO BE A TALKING T-SHIRT!

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
So, who here is wondering whether or not Valve actually has Half-Life 3 completely finished and they simply think the public is undeserving of their product given the recent trend of games that's grown popular over the past few years?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i really hope it is true. unless valve really knows how to play with the fans. damn you valve :p

Generalfoley

Nov 23, 2011
Boom.

Did you guys hear that?

That was someone's mind being blown.

Not mine.

Still, this interests me.

Perhaps Valve is working on such a mythical game.

Or perhaps they're just fucking with us.

Either way, I applaud them.

The General

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Riobux said:
I can tell someone is going to get fired over this.
Obviously the prison guards at Valve's HQ/dungeon, they're not doing their job. Gay Ben will be pissed!

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Can't be a Valve guy, that t-shirt has a 3 on it. I'm pretty sure it's to Valve what crosses are to Vampires.

But yeah, hopefully not a troll.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
So Valve are keeping this game's development and existence top secret, yet they are handing out t-shirts for employees to wear around in public? Yeap, I'm convinced. Waiting on the edge of my seat for further news.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
I've been managing my hopes/hypes surrounding HL3 pretty well, so I won't be too downtrodden if this is just a joke.

Although someone did mention the fact the lambda symbol is on the outside, rather than the center of the icon like it is with Half Life 2; isn't it possible that whomever made the shirt placed the 3 intentionally enlarged in the center so it would be noticed?

I mean of course there are people with hawk-eyes, but had I not seen that giant three I probably would have glanced over it and simply taken it for a tribute to a previous incarnation in the series.

Seems like they wanted to draw attention to it more than anything. Of course, that still speaks nothing of whether it's a legitimate tidbit or simply someone messing with us. Damn you Valve and your wily ways.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
ResonanceGames said:
How is that irrelevant to your point that it only takes most developers two years to produce their sequels? You shouldn't have made that point if that's not what you meant. But you did, and I responded accordingly.
I should have been clearer in my main point then. My main point is that either by slow design or complete non-action, Valve has neglected their flagship series to the point where it's no longer becoming relevant. The fact that most gamers expect studios to be more productive with their individual IP's than Valve has been (six game releases since the last Half Life is not a good way to remind people that Half Life is relevant today), and the point that gamers are now accustomed to a sequel every two-three years was a minor supporting point. Harping on that alone and completely ignoring the main point is why I said that it was irrelevant to the main argument.
It's pretty hard for any successful series to become irrelevant. Look at Sonic the Hedgehog. You may no longer care (a point which I don't understand at all, but whatever, I guess you're incapable of dividing your attention among series), but the rest of the industry will care once it's finally released.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
valve are pretty big trolls (team fortress 2 is an excellent example of this....e.g. hats, free to play) but it's always good to keep an ear to the ground.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Oh Valve you are such a tease.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST RIP OUT MY HEART INSTEAD OF DOING THESE MIND GAMES?!

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
I would've been a whole lot happier to see someone sporting an Episode 3 shirt instead of Half-Life 3, but after four years of waiting I suppose I should just take what I can get.
I'm not sure why anyone would be happier to see a new episodic release than a full blown sequel. And really, I think at this point, after so many years since the first two episodes that we won't see an Episode 3, but rather Half-life 3 instead, and that would make me a lot happier frankly.

jimahaff

Apr 28, 2011
I won't get my hopes up, but I will keep my eyes and ears open. but there is one way we can tell for sure if this is a troll.

If he gets fired, or in any other kind of trouble it was for real, but if he keeps his job at valve its a troll. My logic behind this is that if they really are making HL3 then the lid is sealed tight, and this guy will be in some serious trouble when the higher ups find out about what he did.

Now how we track this guy is beyond me.