Video game weapons you found most useless!

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Nanissimov said:
#4) Poison stab (Assassins Creed 2) This had no purpose for anything other than giggles (or ad least i could not find one) it made enemies take out there swords and start waving them around.
As far as I could tell, it made the guards stand around distracted for a while longer, although I've never had to use it myself.

O.T. The Rock-It Launcher, also from Fallout 3. OK, it was entertaining, and wasn't exactly that weak, but you had to carry around a load of junk and you had to be careful that you didn't accidentally fire away anything that could be used to make something useful, like a Bottlecap Mine. For me, that rendered it useless compared to the Minigun and other such awesome big guns like that.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
The heavy weapons in ME2. To me they are either overkill or not much better than regular guns. I never found myself using them. By the time you pull it out, my soldier could have killed half of them already

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Moonpooman said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Half-Life 2's crossbow
How is a weapon that can kill most enemies in one shot useless?

Is it because it doesn't kill them instantly?
It's cause I'm just up to Nova Prospekt and so far I've found no use for it besides pinning one Combine to a billboard. besides that, i've not found any uses for long-range weaponry in this game. oh, and whenever i did try to use it the Combine just side-stepped the bolt as if I was throwing paper at them or something

bartman675

Jul 16, 2009
Apple of Eden from assassins creed brotherhood, it drains your health and can barely kill any of the guards but it works wonders on my assassin recruits

Doc Incognito

Currently AFK
Nov 17, 2009
Wait, the MIRV and Poison Hidden Blade are totally NOT useless.

I have very fond memories of the MIRV. I loaded up on Mini Nukes, headed to the Capitol Building, and blew the #%@^ out of a Super Mutant Behemoth. Also, bridge filled with cars + 600 mines + MIRV = WIN

As for the Poison Hidden Blade, besides allowing you to kill a guard completely unnoticed (even stealthier than the Hidden Blade) the psychotic guard would make a great distraction, and attract nearby guards (as well as civilians.) Then, you just need to throw some money on the ground and let the good times roll as people get smacked.

OP: Most of the weapons in Crackdown 1 and 2 are pointless. Once you get the machine gun with massive clips, the Firefly homing rocket launcher, and a couple of novelty items, you're pretty much set for the game.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
the M16 in black ops (pc version), by the time you get a burst in, the person has already drop shotted your face off.

JimmyC99

Jul 7, 2010
Archery in Dragon Age : Origins, if your DPS went to high you would get threat then you would be dead, I found it useful once and only because it was a awakening char and I was lvl 18, your damage doesn't get very high anyway.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Half of the Melee weapons in Left 4 Dead 2... why would you take a Frying Pan or a Police Baton when you can have a Katana?
The Machete & Cricket Bat makes such satisfying noises <3

The SMGs in Mass Effect 2 drove me up the wall they were so bad.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Fr said:
anc[is]The heavy weapons in ME2. To me they are either overkill or not much better than regular guns. I never found myself using them. By the time you pull it out, my soldier could have killed half of them already
I do agree with you but i also need to disagree with you. On insane the heavy weapons really help you out in though situtions. But on lower difficulties they were useless. My other weapons/powers took care of them.

OT: Hmmm...I guess most of the starting guns in almost any FPS.

Vivendel

Oct 12, 2009
Eric_Autopsy said:
Ultralisks in Starcraft 2.

:<
Dude, Ultralisks are the bread and butter for any zerg player if the game reaches tier three. 6-8 Ultras and a small army of speedlings can tear through any medium to large sized ground army provided the battle takes place on an open space of creep. I always opt for Ultras and Speedlings if the T or P doesn't tech straight to air.

Not at all useless, and especially not after the last major patch where the Ultra's kept their AoE attack against buildings. (Send a couple of 'em in a Nydus Worm or Carrier Overlord to some workers or supply depots and enjoy the carnage.)

mr. genocide

Dec 31, 2010
Any gun in gears of war apart from the longshot and the lancer (I'd swap the hammer of dawn out for a longshot when i did not need it) because that is all you need. I went the whole of both games without dropping the lancer (And the snub pistol is the only pistol you need because you find loads of ammo and it can easily take down a corpser) because it was medium to close range and if you practice enough the longshot is good at any range.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
mrF00bar said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Half of the Melee weapons in Left 4 Dead 2... why would you take a Frying Pan or a Police Baton when you can have a Katana?
The Machete & Cricket Bat makes such satisfying noises <3

The SMGs in Mass Effect 2 drove me up the wall they were so bad.
Kasumi's DLC rather changes this. But I loved my Shuriken Machine Pistol anyway. The beauty of singleplayer: you can play it however you like and not get pwned by people using the cheesiest yet most effective guns/combos.

tehannihalator

Apr 6, 2010
Byere" post="9.254081.9473010 said:
OT: I'd say that any parody weapons from various games aren't worth the effort, but more to date, I'd have to say flamethrowers. Oh sure, they're good for cooking with (and not just a lovely meal), but they eat through ammo in any game, not to mention the terrible range and damage-dealing, despite setting the foe on fire. But to counter-balance that arguement, the Incinerator (a type of FT that shoots balls of napalm rather than just blows fire) from Fallout 3/NV are pretty nifty, assuming you can hit your target.[/quoteIn ratchet and clank: tools of destruction the flame thrower did lots of damage.Very Very effective

tehannihalator

Apr 6, 2010
tehannihalator said:
Byere said:
OT: I'd say that any parody weapons from various games aren't worth the effort, but more to date, I'd have to say flamethrowers. Oh sure, they're good for cooking with (and not just a lovely meal), but they eat through ammo in any game, not to mention the terrible range and damage-dealing, despite setting the foe on fire. But to counter-balance that arguement, the Incinerator (a type of FT that shoots balls of napalm rather than just blows fire) from Fallout 3/NV are pretty nifty, assuming you can hit your target.
In ratchet and clank: tools of destruction the flame thrower did lots of damage.Very Very effective

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Drakmorg said:
The First time I used the boxing gloves in New Vegas I thought they were useless, but that's because I wasn't using them right.

At first I tried just straight up punching them to death using the gloves, which took forever.

But then I realized that the gloves are best used to knock an enemy unconscious, then throw dynamite or a grenade at their feet.

Oh how much fun I had when I finally figured that out.

Agreed as regards victory by KO but I beg to differ regarding boxing gloves. Boxing tape knocks people unconscious too but does more damage and weighs less than 1 pound. Even the Golden Gloves from Lucky 38 are useless compared to vanilla boxing tape.

I think you had it right the first time.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Digi7 said:
Hmmm, the Pulse Rifle in Dead Space was fairly useless and chewed up ammo like no tomorrow. It was great for supression though, put your back to the wall, aim at the horde of enemies charging at you, and spray!
I bought Dead Space yesterday, and the aformentioned situation was the only one where I used the pulse rifle. My vote goes to that.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
James Charles said:
Archery in Dragon Age : Origins, if your DPS went to high you would get threat then you would be dead, I found it useful once and only because it was a awakening char and I was lvl 18, your damage doesn't get very high anyway.
Funny to note how i played a rogue to level 18 once and it actually did less damage than a sword and shield warrior.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
Knusper said:
Nanissimov said:
#4) Poison stab (Assassins Creed 2) This had no purpose for anything other than giggles (or ad least i could not find one) it made enemies take out there swords and start waving them around.
As far as I could tell, it made the guards stand around distracted for a while longer, although I've never had to use it myself.

O.T. The Rock-It Launcher, also from Fallout 3. OK, it was entertaining, and wasn't exactly that weak, but you had to carry around a load of junk and you had to be careful that you didn't accidentally fire away anything that could be used to make something useful, like a Bottlecap Mine. For me, that rendered it useless compared to the Minigun and other such awesome big guns like that.
I upgraded my Big Guns skill solely for that thing. I used it all the time! I thought it was very useful, but that's just my opinion.