Video games ARE causing violence.

Saw767

Aug 13, 2011
I believe any who start threads like this, who SERIOUSLY believe video games are to blame for riots, shootings, or what have you - are victims of pent-up frustration from listening to the media outlets far too much.

Video games didn't break out and riot, people did...video games tried to stop them by offering a pixelated alternative. Social unrest cannot be pointedly blamed on any specific entity.

These jokes should include portraying the media as the idiots.

Here's my bit... "News outlet: Today's top story, a video game broke into our studio and yelled at us, so we are doing something about it, we're creating crap: false stories about them. We didn't get to play with them as kids, why should anyone else? Dragon Age II hates America, you can tell by how that dwarf talks. DWARVES hate freedom! Please stop the video game industry for doing what they love to make money, it wants to take away our freedom. Now excuse us while we take away their freedom."

I suppose that could've been funnier... Oh well. By the way, funny posts everyone.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
OmniscientOstrich said:
I don't care if it's racist but I don't like those lazy, god damn Wii games. The community has gone to shit ever since they moved here, why don't they just go home back where they came from? Huh?! HUH?!
Hey, they're refugees, they have no choice! Nintendoland is going through terrible times, and the games are fleeing whever they can! Show some respect and try to accept them instead of shunning them after the horrors they've seen!

Damn racists...

Sir Prize

Dec 29, 2009
I've broken up with many of the Pokemon games and at they seemed fine with it each time, said they still wanted to be friends. But they have been acting ever since I started playing Black though, whispering behind my back as though they were planning something. I told my Xbox 360 but she just says it's nothing, not even looking at me...maybe she's in on it too.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
My mouse tripped me and almost made me hit my head on a couch.
Oh! And my DS found a way into my bedroom and tried to bludgeon me to death with my deer femur I keep to ward off intruders, but it failed as it had a lack of arms.
A couple games of TF2 broke into my house and tried to steal some hats, but they were all F2P, so they messed up and failed.

(Capcha; ilocepe day: Is that when the games will take full scale invasion to kill us all?)

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
It's absurd to lay the blame at the feet of video games. Think about it. I mean, imagine you've been oppressed and beaten upon for an entire generation. Now try seven. Video games have always been the whipping boy, the scapegoat, the phantom menace. It's natural, when you are considered to be responsible for almost all youth violence, for you to lash out at society.

Clearly, the victim here is the video game. And you are only perpetuating the cycle of blame and ignorance.
Preposterous! Video game are fully in charge of their actions, and simply blaming their environment and past for the present action isn't an excuse! If video game want to escape their tainted past and reach recognition to the likes of other arts it's up to them to stop these violent acts of out lash, and find a new medium to move forward on! Dragging innocent youths into their gangs to die for the cause is atrocious! Have you seen what Nintendo turns it's followers into? No war have ever seen the horror of a console showdown.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
The other day Persona 4 tried to throw me into a TV, and Persona 3 Portable tried to talk me into shooting myself, it kept saying the gun was an evoker, and when I didn't want to it tried to force me to shoot myself... I barely fended it off...

Someone, send help!

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
DrSpoy said:
I see, I'm not the only one who's had video game violence happen to them. I once saw someone getting stabbed by The Orange Box but all I could do was just run away. It was terrible.

Awesome Thread. :p
Dude....your avatar....you just ruined applejack for me. I hope your happy.

OT:
I read in the local paper that Bioshock was being charged with several cases of kidnapping and sexual assualt on little girls. That sick bastard deserves every year he gets and then some.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Duruznik said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
I don't care if it's racist but I don't like those lazy, god damn Wii games. The community has gone to shit ever since they moved here, why don't they just go home back where they came from? Huh?! HUH?!
Hey, they're refugees, they have no choice! Nintendoland is going through terrible times, and the games are fleeing whever they can! Show some respect and try to accept them instead of shunning them after the horrors they've seen!

Damn racists...
Hey man, I don't have a problem with those like Zelda: Twilight Princess and No More Heroes who are willing to work for a living. But those all tired, homogenous and lazy rail-shooters and ports who don't put in any effort just leech off of gimmicks can fuck off back where they came from. Bloody foreigners, there's too many of them all ready and they're crowding up the place, their taking jobs from hardworking 360 games, saturating the market and they're not giving anything back. To hell with them.

Eveonline100

Feb 20, 2011
once in room i say a game get in a fight with my roommate dispite being on the other side of the room he teleported to the othe side and stabed him later that day i say some one get sniped by a shotgun police still don't know who the suspect is any ideas?

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
TheAmazingHobo said:
Okay, now show me on this doll, where your copy of Final Fantasy Tactics touched you.

Manji187 said:
What I don't even...

...is that...manga Hitler? XD
Yeah, he can even powerup to Super Sayajin Hitler.
Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku?

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
If I hadn't gotten the upper hand, this satanic PS3 would have strangled me with his power cord. And the PS3 stole my TV remote. Not the TV, just the TV remote. Now he walks by my house and changes the channel randomly.

DrSpoy

May 26, 2011
Lullabye said:
DrSpoy said:
I see, I'm not the only one who's had video game violence happen to them. I once saw someone getting stabbed by The Orange Box but all I could do was just run away. It was terrible.

Awesome Thread. :p
Dude....your avatar....you just ruined applejack for me. I hope your happy.

OT:
I read in the local paper that Bioshock was being charged with several cases of kidnapping and sexual assualt on little girls. That sick bastard deserves every year he gets and then some.
Then my avatars job is one step closer to completion. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

OT:
I heard that Dead Rising 2 got charged with mass murder, theft, and public indecency. I bet that it'll get life.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
twistedheat15 said:
I know it's a subject no one wants to admit, but there is a rise of violence being caused directly by the effect of video games. Just the other day while walking my dog a gang of 360 games jumped me, stole my wallet, and took Mr. Snuffles with them. As if that wasn't enough when I get home after the ordeal I find 2 DS games climbing out my window with my TV and stereo system. As a community we need to come together and admit the problem so that solutions can be made.

Does any other escapist want to come forward and talk about any video game related violence that they endured?
ROFL! I can't believe I didn't think of this. You should write for cracked, dude. This is hilarious.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
It started as such a great evening.

I was out on the town with a copy of Red Dead Redemption and we had just met up with Fallout 3 and his brother, Oblivion. After happily drinking a few Jin and Tonics at the Tekken Bar, we headed back towards our cars. After a few minutes of walking, I realised I'd left my wallet on our table. Berating myself for being so stupid, I told RDR to go on ahead while I ran back.

I never should have taken that shortcut. The alley looked quiet enough but as I got further in, I saw the shadowy shapes leaning against the wall. I froze, and my face went pale.

Shovelware.

I don't remember much after that moment, but I recall a copy of Imagine: Animal Doctor holding me against the wall while Ninjabread Man punched me in the gut and stole my wallet. There were others there too, leering faces which I later remembered to be somewhat similar to Action Girlz Racing.

I'll never forget that night.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
My SEGA MegaDrive contantly runs into me on its mobility scooter.

my PC is too High horsed to ty and kill me It just paid my DS to stab me in the eye with its stylus.

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
As much as I hate to admit it . . . all 3 of the Thief games had snuck into my life, held me at bow-point and demanded I play them for hours on end, simply for their benefit and self-satisfaction, stealing years of my life in the process.

I was resentful, but I had to keep playing . . .

I was scared, but I couldn't turn away . . .

I've never wanted to admit to it . . . it made me feel less of a gamer - as if my gamersculinity was being challenged. I was embarrased.

But, I see it's alright now . . . I'm not the only one who's suffered at the hands of violent games. There are others out there. There are other suffering, too. I'm there for you brothers, as I know y'all will be there for me.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
I just watched a new report that says Al Qaeda is secretly being funded by a business branch of Mr. Demons souls inc. We all knew how sadistic that bastard can be, yet we're letting his brother dark souls take over without even putting up a fight. We're to blame ppl, we are to blame...