Watch Leon Kennedy Die in Resident Evil: Raccoon City Gameplay Trailer

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
Yeah, I really don't know about this whole Left 4 T-Virus thing. Is survival horror really sulking unloved in the corner with turn-based strategy now?

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
So... basically, they're selling out the last thing they could possibly sell out (the shambling corpse of a plot that dragged all the games together) in order to rip off L4D, Halo and probably many others. I am getting the uncanny mental image of an old, not-particularly-bright prostitute stealing the clothes of her more successful coworkers in order to fool customers into thinking she's sexy too. And her strongest selling point seems to be how willing she is to debase herself to please the customer.

Lovely.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
I was under the impression that this was a non-canon, spin-off game. Why is everyone so upset about a non-canon, spin-off game?

P.S. Sorry if this is a double post. The website is being weird.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
What is this I don't even...

Also known as "Resident Evil: Let's pretend the last two games never happened."

Just what are Capcom trying to do with this one? What purpose does killing Leon actually serve? I mean why can't we actually kill a truly annoying character like that stupid girl from RE2 Sherry Birkin.

Also, what the hell sort of genre does this fit into now? Squad based survival horror 3rd person cover based team shooter? I spend enough of my time investing myself in the batshit insane plots of Resident Evil without having to take in a NON-CANON game as well. I think I'll give this a miss unless it really gives me a reason to play.

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
I'm not sold yet but I actually think thier is potential for something fun here, even if it is hard to label exactly what it is

Striker501

Apr 4, 2010
So we can play as the zombies online? Awesome.

On another related note is just me or does anyone get the feeling that most of the escapist commenting community are kill joys and elitists too smug to try something different?

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
spartan773 said:
hmm... interesting idea, letting the player play from the eyes of U.S.S opperatives, or even spec-ops.

but breaking canon by killing Leon, Claire, or Ada? Sorry, that will not fly with me.

But otherwise, interesting take.
Yeah, I'm not down with Shooting Leon. I fucking love Leon.

If we'd been tasked with hunting down S.T.A.R.S. agents that "turn up dead" in Resident Evil 2/Nemesis, or a bunch of new ones, yes, happy days. And Canon. Wahey.

Killing off Leon is stupid. They did it with the second Film, too. And not even in the film. In an advert. In text. WHY.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Notice target, activate stealth mode in helicopter... They'll never notice me...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Was that Bertha really wearing a military issue skirt? She must've lost a bet or somthing.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
Xzi said:
So...Capcom has completely given up and just decided to shamelessly rip off other developers' games (in this case, Left 4 Dead)? That's cool I guess...
Yes, because Left 4 Dead was the first game ever to have zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons. That was a TYRANT, those things have been around since the first Resi back in the 90s. Left 4 Dead is a glorified CSS reskin with zergling zombie AI and absolutely 0 storyline.

Oh and shooting Leon? Probably a seperate campaign mission for the sake of "what if?" storytellng, sort of like how in Force Unleashed you could eviscerate Luke and Leia.

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
The Japanese trailer has a lot more gameplay elements

And for the love of god will people stop comparing this game to every FPS on the market? It's the exact same game style as Resi 4/5 was, only perhaps the camera is panned back slightly further. As for the accents, ok they sound silly but remember Umbrella Corp is a multi-national entity and they employ mercenaries from all over the world; funny accents tend to crop up.

Ya know I don't know why I'm even bothering, half the people here seem to be ripping on it for the dumbest crap ever, "oh no they killed Leon", "oh no they have a bad accent", "oh no they have guns and zombies in it like every other Resi game from the 90s so they're ripping off left 4 dead". Basic crap that can be reasoned out with a couple of seconds of forethought before the fingers hit the keyboard.

Personally, my friends and I (long time Resi fans) are keeping our eyes on this title as it seems to be a more action orientated Outbreak (and thank god, the control scheme in outbreak was a pain).

TheScottishFella

The Know-it all Detective
Nov 9, 2009
"Snake you created a time paradox!"

OT: This looks quite boring, with the death of Leon Kennedy being some flimsy excuse to drag people in, as if it matters. Kind of like the sacrifice in L4D.