Weapons You Would Like To See More Of In Games

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
The USAS-12, they included the pussy version of it in MW2, the AA-12 (Yes, I know they're 2 different guns), but not the straight gun itself. Battefield Bad Company is the only game I can think of off the top of my head that has it, but it didn't have the 20-Round Drum Magazine that I would prefer to have.

aesshen

Nov 18, 2009
Seriously? Knives. Whether it makes sense depends on the game, but there's nothing cooler than one person with a combat knife fucking up ten guys with machine guns.

oOPolakOo

Oct 5, 2009
I would say the TAR-21/MTAR-21 http://www.wolverineqtg.com/images/tar_21.gif because the only game I have seen this in is rainbow 6 vegas and thats disappointing since it is so beastly.

Americana12

Nov 18, 2009
Alien weaponry is always interesting. Also I like the make-your-own weapon thing that Fallout 3 had going on. Oh, and Fallout 3's guass rifle I flippin loved that gun.

HalfCaptainRob

Oct 12, 2009
Honestly? A modern crossbow. Not some medieval junk that's good. But a modern crossbow that's almost as accurate as a rifle. It'd be awesome. With explosive-tipped bolts. Think of something like that in COD? See someone running by you. All of a sudden BAM! There's a crossbow bolt sticking out of their back. You run up to steal their gun. And BAM! Remote Detonation Crossbow bolt. Done and done.

But seriously. Bayonets. We still use them. I never understood the melee attack in modern shooters, where you drop your rifle and wave around you knife wildly for a second, then suddenly sheathe it, pick up your gun, and continue on. Seems weird when you could just have a bayonet attachment, so instead of all that, just stick the sumbitch while he tries to drop his gun and knife you.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
zala-taichou said:
Distorted Stu said:
Automatic shotguns. Any class or make. All games need more.
I second that. More Strikers and Jackhammers.
The Striker isn't automatic, it's a semi. You want the USAS-12 [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm], H&K CAWS [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh18-e.htm] or AA-12 [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm] if you want fullauto shotgun goodness. And not the Jackhammer, it's a hideous abomination before the eyes of God.

I would like more FN FALs and more lever-action rifles.

Teddy Roosevelt

Nov 11, 2009
Evil Tim said:
zala-taichou said:
Distorted Stu said:
Automatic shotguns. Any class or make. All games need more.
I second that. More Strikers and Jackhammers.
The Striker isn't automatic, it's a semi. You want the USAS-12 [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh16-e.htm], H&K CAWS [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh18-e.htm] or AA-12 [http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh29-e.htm] if you want fullauto shotgun goodness. And not the Jackhammer, it's a hideous abomination before the eyes of God.

I would like more FN FALs and more lever-action rifles.
Dude, the Jackhammer would be better than any of the other operational shotguns. It holds more rounds, I'm pretty sure, and it fires faster, though two working prototypes were ever made for full auto, the rest were semiautomatic. Besides, the FN FAL was a crap rifle. Of course, the semi-auto variant was good, but the automatic had too much muzzle climb.

I would like to see the Land Warrior, or variants thereof, in games. It would be hard to control, but an interface making you a god of urban warfare would be sweet. Also, claymores. Not the basket hilt broadsword claymore, I mean the full blown five foot Scottish behemoth.

Gasp! They should make a game about Mad Jack Churchill, the only man to have killed anyone with a longbow in WWII. He also carried bagpipes and a claymore. Oh man, to take out a German mortar pit with nothing but a claymore would be awesome.

RUINER ACTUAL

Oct 29, 2009
dbrose said:
The title is self-explanatory--if there's one weapon, whether real or imaginary, that you would like to see more of in video games, list it here.

For me, I wish more games would include the Fabrique Nationale F2000, and I was really grateful to Infinity Ward for including it in Modern Warfare 2--hell, I found myself going out of my way just to find them!
i agree. nice to mix it up with different weapons. for me its the TDI Kriss Super-V, known in the game as the Vector. its an amazing weapon and im looking forward to seeing more of it in other games.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
dbrose said:
The title is self-explanatory--if there's one weapon, whether real or imaginary, that you would like to see more of in video games, list it here.

For me, I wish more games would include the Fabrique Nationale F2000, and I was really grateful to Infinity Ward for including it in Modern Warfare 2--hell, I found myself going out of my way just to find them!
Bad-company had the F2000 last year, and its still fucking awesome, actually SOUNDS like the beast it is, not those wimpy 4 CoD sounds recycled and sped up/slowed down for different guns, and it makes you smile when r4ping m16 n00bs left right and centre, then flipping on the GL and blowing open a wall to own that q-scpoer
**someone wants to play BC2 rite now**
I'd like to see shottys where the rounds DON'T DISAPPEAR, thank you very much halo and cod.
auto or pump, either one is fine by me
and the AUG and its variants, masterkey shotties for AR's.
and the p90 is always welcome.
also like to see more of the AK-74, as well as its newer variants/successors.

-Ulven-

Nov 18, 2009
I would like to see some more bolt action weapons or lever operated (having the reload mechanism as a handle right over the trigger) shotguns. For more older things... swords, lotsa shiny and bloodspilling swords.

Evil Tim

Apr 18, 2009
Teddy Roosevelt said:
Dude, the Jackhammer would be better than any of the other operational shotguns. It holds more rounds, I'm pretty sure, and it fires faster, though two working prototypes were ever made for full auto, the rest were semiautomatic.
On the other hand, it uses proprietary casette magazines that, depending on version, might be impossible to reload outside the factory. Also, the casette is only ten rounds, half the capacity of the USAS and AA-12 drum mags, and it doesn't fire faster [240 rpm, same as the CAWS, vs 360 for the AA-12 and apparently 400 for the USAS]. And it's ugly.

Teddy Roosevelt said:
Besides, the FN FAL was a crap rifle. Of course, the semi-auto variant was good, but the automatic had too much muzzle climb.
Well yes, you can't really expect that much control when firing a battle rifle fullauto, but they didn't call it the 'right arm of the free world' for nothing.

CORRODED SIN said:
i agree. nice to mix it up with different weapons. for me its the TDI Kriss Super-V, known in the game as the Vector. its an amazing weapon and im looking forward to seeing more of it in other games.
Actually, it's called the Vector in real life. The "Kriss Super V" is the name of the gun's patented action, not the name of the weapon itself.