Weird qualities you find attractive

SciMal

Dec 10, 2011
Qitz said:
Because their H-O-T obviously. Also, Dat Ass.

I'm right in the same boat as you though, Minority Woman are hot. Maybe it's because White Woman are more prevalent so Minorities are seen as a rarity, or just the fact that a lot of them don't say Like, Ya know? or Helllooo! all the time.
Well, actually, "Dat Ass" isn't a big turn-on for me. I like butts, sure, who doesn't? However, most rap video starlets with junk in the trunk produce apathy. I like average to thin to athletic, and don't really pay attention to bust or butt unless it's unusually excellent. Much more of a face and midriff man, personality aside.

White women are the vast majority where I live (Utah), minorities are rare, but I think it has more to do with embodying my core philosophies rather than catching the exotic girlfriend. My dating history has included White, Korean, Black, Italian, and Latina. I don't really discriminate based on race, but I just have this odd preference for black women if everything else is equal. It's not even all black women or certain stereotypes of black women. After mingling so much in college, I can't really think of stereotypes I subscribe to, though I am aware of many.

My guess, and this is just a guess, would be because my family is so large (70+ cousins last count) and has been here for so long that when I see most white women around my area, I see features of my family and get that "Incest is definitely NOT wincest" repulsion.

It's something I've pontificated on to lengthy extents, but have yet to form a real answer beyond "The values I often seek in a partner are often portrayed by black women; strong sense of independence, overt strength of character, valuation of intelligence and critical thinking, and survival through adversity." Any woman from any ethnicity can have the traits I enjoy, but from personal experience, I guess I just find them more in black women.

Sorry if I went off on a bit of a spiel, but I've had the conversation before where someone who was obviously fetishizing black women thought I was doing the same. I'm not even saying you do, but it's worth the extra effort to make my comments clear so there isn't any confusion. Liking a woman because you think they fit into a stereotype is about the most damaging thing you can do to a budding relationship, and all to many men (from all ethnicities) succumb to it.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Matthew94 said:
Screamarie said:
I find a guy who is just in general wierd, attractive. Not creepy weird though. There's a BIG difference.

A guy who will make stupid jokes that he KNOWS make little to no sense and aren't really funny, but you find it funny just because of how non-sensical it is.

A guy who will sing wierd little songs or burst out in Transexual from Transylvania at the oddest moments.

A guy who will wear a wierd hat in public and not think a thing of it, instead of getting self-conscious when someone stares, he tips said hat and says "Good day to you sir."

That's hot in my eyes.
Oh so basically a different version of girls who like "nerdy" guys but in reality mean they like guys with glasses?

Correct me if I'm way off.
WOW someone is coming off bitter.

You are EXTREMELY off. If I'm not mistaking you're essentially saying I don't understand nerd culture despite being on a gaming web site and therefore I wouldn't be able to realize if a guy is a nerd or just a guy who wears glasses.

My ideal guy would very much be a nerd. Someone who can talk to me about how awesome Shadow of the Colossus is because of the fights but also because of its artistic value. Someone who instead of taking me to romcom that would make me retch would rather take me to the new Dark Knight movie. And if he doesn't get even the most basic, cliched, and well-known of gaming jokes "the cake is a lie" "arrow to the knee" and "all your base are belong to us" then I'm probably not going to want to date him.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
ChadSexington said:
Screamarie said:
I find a guy who is just in general wierd, attractive. Not creepy weird though. There's a BIG difference.

A guy who will make stupid jokes that he KNOWS make little to no sense and aren't really funny, but you find it funny just because of how non-sensical it is.

A guy who will sing wierd little songs or burst out in Transexual from Transylvania at the oddest moments.

A guy who will wear a wierd hat in public and not think a thing of it, instead of getting self-conscious when someone stares, he tips said hat and says "Good day to you sir."

That's hot in my eyes.
You've just described me and the majority of my male friends, congratulations! One of my best friends and I had a fun night drinking tequila doing the time warp down near the river near our houses. Also, it's called Sweet Transvestite lol.

OT: I like tattoos and ginger hair. Not that weird. I'm also annoyingly attracted to girls who are crazy as hell. Kinda weird.
I knew I was probably getting the title wrong but I was too lazy to look it up. XD

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Let's see, I like a girl who is...

1) Intelligent
2) Likes games
3) Likes good music
4) Can either belch and/or fart better than I can

What?

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
Lionsfan said:
If a girl is into sports, then I'm definitely I'm into her.

And if a girl loves The Clash, then I think I would probably drop dead of shock
Dude. I love The Clash. I have a poster in my room. 8)

Dunno if this is supposed to be for guys (since that's mostly what i'm seeing in the reply), but I really like a well-dressed guy, though I suppose that's not that "weird". I also tend to have a bit of an attraction to older guys... like, twice my age older. >.<

And if a guy isn't a geek in some way, shape, or form, we have no hope.

Hahaha I hope my boyfriend (of three years) doesn't see this. He hates wearing nice clothes and is six months younger than me. He is a geek though!!!

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Girls that have weird hair colours or hairstyles. It makes them seem distinctive. Girls that are a little bit mental (just enough to be called quirky, mind) are quite attractive too.

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
A girl that can stand my personality would be nice.

I'm quiet almost all the time but talk non-stop when you hit the right buttons, react to assholes like a rattle-snake to being stepped on, come off as arrogant and aloof constantly in public, habitually try to get the last word in edgewise, behave like an eight year old when entertained well enough, play video-games way too often, and have a terrible tendency to spoil girlfriends/potential girlfriends rotten...

The combination, plus others I'm too tired to remember, makes me a very hard person to be around for extended periods of time, and a girlfriend who could stand me... maybe one with green eyes and red hair... would be a Godsend.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
That, and for some odd reason.. I am more attracted to girls of different race then white. I'm a white male, yet girls who aren't white attract me more then girls who are white. Is that weird? Not sure... but I have learned this while dating girls throughout my life.
I'm sort of like this too. Though I wouldn't rule out anyone because of race, I find that I am much more attracted to races other than my own (also white). Particularly Asians and blacks.

...I don't think it's too weird. Just a matter of what you're attracted to.

Other than that...glasses are a plus. I'd have to say the rest of my attractions are pretty normal. I'm not very quirky when it comes to this sort of thing at all.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
I like a girl I can play games and watch movies with, But most importantly one that can tell when I'm being sarcastic or joking.

Shumiry

Aug 17, 2011
Heh, interesting to see how varied most of these are.

I prefer short girls, with short, dark hair (dark brown or black, or else dyed something unnatural), and pale skin. Like, heavy cream white. Also, brown eyes are a huge plus. Tattoos and small piercings are also appealing.

Mostly though, ambitious purpose. Nothing kills attraction more than hearing "I don't know." in response to "What do you want to do with your life?" or "Why are you going for a/n *insert degree here*?" Like, I don't even really care what it is, just so long as you have an idea of what you want and are working towards it!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
If a girl digs cars, I want a piece. This might not seem weird in itself but what makes it weird is that I'm not even into cars myself. Not that much anyway. I just find girls who like cars sexy. Maybe it's a danger thing...

If she also has a French or Italian accent, then hand me over with a receipt because I am sold!

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I like it when a girl is quite butch language-wise. She swears alot, maybe calls you names sarcasticly in greeting, generally, is able to talk about anything (this one is very important) in public. Overall not the most "femenine" speaker. Ironically, despite this, I also love it when a girl is a hugger. I love me some hugging.

AusGamer44

Mar 24, 2011
While like any woman I like attractive men,if they're too 'Hollywood' or plastic,they're not my cup of tea.Tom Cruise types who have capped teeth and are all 'positivity' or uber-buffs like Matthew McConaughney don't really float my boat.I prefer pale skin over tans.Richard E Grant is more my style:I've always liked skinny men,also the UK sense of humour is always attractive,and he has a delightful bitchy streak you don't often see in a straight guy.(His wife of 30 years dissuaded him from going on Celebrity Big Brother because"Darling,you're so intolerant,they'd throw you off in a week.")He readily admits to being a bit fucked up from his childhood,and though he has beautiful eyes and a rangy,manic energy,he's hardly perfect looking-he has freckles and skin damage from growing up in Swaziland,and dark circles and a gaunt face.A guy who is attractive with flaws is to me a better bet than a perfect looking man,as the perfect looking man will often(not always) sail through life and have issues of entitlement.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
pale, accent, freckles, likes my type of music, nerdy, redhead and drinks beer. Because I don't do Lolly alcohol. Wait I could have just said Irish/Scotish/Norse

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
AnarchistFish said:
I like women who have a bit of a presence or are more dominant (don't get any ideas).

Music taste is also pretty important to me, probably because music is such a big part of my life. A similar music taste itself helps but just the act of being into music, and not just a passive listener, is enough. I could never be with someone who doesn't understand what music means to me.
Hey me too!

Music is a huge presence in my life, and it would be awesome if I met a guy that looks at music the same way I do.

OT: Someone that can just as weird as I can, and I can be pretty damn weird. If I break out in song? I hope you humor me, and sing along. I start talking in a random accent? Join me, the more the merrier!