Welcome to Sburb! (Dead and Over)

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
> Xavier: Flip the fuck out
You decide not to do that. That'd solve nothing.

> Xavier and Father: STRIFE!
I SLASH the ORGES' feet so they can't ABSCOND

> ==>
FATHER jumps up and punches the ORGES over.

> ==>
I SLASH the ORGES torsos.

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
>Beth: The IMP puts the WRENCH BACK IN THE BOX. And by that I mean he puts it on the ground.

It appears that he's trying to be peaceful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Chas: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH! You made THE SALESMAN'S MINIATURE TRIDENT! With an easy-grip handle, tines that have been filed down to a point, and made of the finest stainless steel, the TRIDENT is the epitome of sample wares.

Oh, it also shoots lasers.

-200 Build Grist, -30 Chalk, -25 Shale, -10 Amber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Xavier: The AMBER OGRES take significant damage from your FATHER-SON COMBO ATTACK. However, they're not down quite yet.

Two of the OGRES attempt to grab you and your FATHER, while the other picks up chunks of your lawn, hurling them at you.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:punch Target

You punch the ARCHERY TARGET and...nothing happens.Well that was anti-climatic.You scratch your head and try to think of what to try next when you see that the TARGET is starting to crack more.You watch the cracks go down the middle of the target and then...A FLASH OF LIGHT fills the room as the TARGET breaks in half.

>Greg:Enter Medium

You lower your hand from your eyes as the LIGHT dissapates.You blink.You see that the ACHERY TARGET is now gone.You run over to the window and look outside and your eyes go wide.You see the VOLCANO is still there but now you seem to be a bit higher off the ground.On top of a TOWER it seems.So high you can't even SEE the ground.

You take a deep breath.Well looks like your not in Kansas anymore.Or Florida for that matter.

You decide to look around the house to make everything is still in one piece.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>Dirk: Give pursuit!

You waste absolutely no time in chasing the MASSIVE HAND as it retreats out your WINDOW. You look down at the remains of your ruined poster, the stern face of TOMMY LEE JONES watching you. You can almost hear him say "Go, the kid needs you more than I do." You respect MR. JONES' wishes and hop out the window, ready to throw down with whatever MONSTER has dared steal your precious WILL SMITH.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Beth: The IMP fails to understand you. You're not sure it can understand any Earth languages at all.

It is now also extremely terrified of Winston. It attempts to ABSCOND, trying to climb out the window it entered through.

>Chas: Your attempt at creating some more HEROIC DUDS yields the CANDY-STRIPED BUSINESS SUIT. It's basically the HARD-BROILED BUSINESS SUIT except colored orange, yellow, and white. -10 Build Grist, -10 Chalk.

You also create the TELEMARKETER'S GLASSES, a pair of glasses with a smart-phone interface built in! They also shoot lasers. They are awesome. -75 Build Grist, -15 Shale.

>Greg: As you examine your house, you see that all the doors and windows are still locked. Nuts.

Naturally, you have no idea where your MOTHER is. You can never find her when she doesn't want to be found.

You do, however, find Perrywinkle sitting on a windowsill, staring out at your new location. When he hears you enter the room, he hops down and begins to follow you.

>Dirk: As you jump out the window, you see the offending SHALE OGRE. Wow, he's big. And he's holding a very big wrench as well. In his Gundam arm. Wow, this is going to be tough.

You notice the torn remains of WILL SMITH'S face lying on the ground.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Examine House

As you go through the house and make sure that everything is as it should be you find that the windows and doors still seem to be locked.Lovely.Oh well,just another problem to solve later.

You also find your MOTHER'S Cat sitting atop a windowsill and staring out upon your new location.He turns his head and spots you,jumping down from the sill and starts following you around.You don't blame him.

The LIVING ROOM is the same as it was before the bright light.The KITCHEN is fine as well save for a few dishes that fell to the floor in all the shaking and now lay broken.You will need to clean that up later.

Of course though out the search you don't find hide nor hair of your MOTHER.Not surprising as SHE is probably watching from some secret NINJA ROOM or something.

Well everything around here seems to be in order.You decide to check your room to make sure none of your books were damaged.

As you are walking to your room,your PDA gives off a beep.Someone is pestering you.

[12:28:32] -- avouLeance [AL] began pestering ghostKnight [GK] at 12:28 --
[12:28:37] AL: Hey
[12:28:46] AL: U there?
[12:30:50] GK: Yes,anything I can help you with?
[12:31:12] AL: You know how to change my sprite thing?
[12:31:53] GK: Yes,simple throw whatever you want to combine it with into the sprite
[12:33:47] GK: Do you have any idea what you want to use Beth?
[12:33:53] AL: Yeah
[12:34:00] AL: It's a hand puppet
[12:34:17] GK: Hmm that would work,just don't use one of your inventions
[12:34:53] GK: Not that I don't trust your building skills...I just don'y trust this game not to use them to kill us
[12:34:54] AL: My mum made it for me and Fran when we were little to help us with injections
[12:35:09] AL: It's a Dr Bear
[12:35:20] AL: Would that be a good idea?
[12:35:24] GK: I don't see that being a problem
[12:35:32] AL: Ok thanks
[12:35:48] AL: It's not like a real bear
[12:35:54] AL: Just a nitted one
[12:36:00] AL: and it doesn't have feet
[12:36:02] GK: we already had someone protoype a mech and I protoyped a practice dummy
[12:36:12] AL: Ok cool
[12:36:46] GK: And now I'm guessing I'm in the same place as the others >.>..or on a tower at the least
[12:37:17] AL: Yeah
[12:37:29] AL: Me and winston just saw an imp
[12:37:51] GK: Ahh I haven't seen one yet.Not that I'm rushing to do so anyway
[12:38:09] AL: ok
[12:38:18] AL: It was scared off by winston
[12:38:54] GK: I don't blame it.He would probably scare me if I didn't know you very well :p
[12:39:02] AL: Yeah
[12:39:07] AL: So what's your Sprite?
[12:39:23] GK: As it stands,a Dummysprite
[12:39:36] AL: Oh weird
[12:39:38] GK: I'm still thinking of what to combine it with next
[12:39:43] AL: Random thought but
[12:39:56] AL: If the Bear is a doctor
[12:40:13] AL: Will it know loads of medical stuff?
[12:40:44] GK: /shrug The dummy that I used was a practice dummy wearing ninja clothing
[12:40:52] AL: Ok
[12:40:59] GK: Your guess is as good as mine if it will know anything
[12:41:04] AL: Ok
[12:41:13] AL: Well I'll just go try that,
[12:41:29] AL: cya
[12:41:31] -- avouLeance [AL] ceased pestering ghostKnight [GK] at 12:41 --

You hope that conversation will help Beth some and that she will careful still.Oh well,onward to your room.You decide to keep the PDA in your hand,just in case.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>Dirk: Mourn

You were TOO LATE. You cannot help but shed multiple tears as you sob out apologies to your main man WILL SMITH. You whisper your FINAL GOODBYES before rising to your feet, BASSWORD in hand. That OGRE will pay. THEY WILL ALL PAY!

>Dirk: STRIFE!

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Beth: You made DRNEDDELSPRITE!
-- drneddelSprite [DS] began pestering avouLeance [AL] at 16:20 --
DS: Hello Betheny!
AL: Hey
DS: How have you been? It's been a while.
AL: Yeah it has
DS: Still taking your medicine I hope?
AL: Of course i woulnd't be here if i hadn't
AL: So you alive now?
DS: Haha, that's my girl!
DS: Yes, yes I am.
AL: ok
DS: Alive as a hand puppet can be!
AL: I guess
DS: Now, as you may have been told, I'm here to be your guide.
AL: Yes
DS: If you have any questions, I'm your man!
AL: So what was your phd in?
DS: Or, puppet I suppose...
AL: I mean you a Dr
DS: Love!
AL: or dear
AL: bear i mean
DS: Of course. I'm a doctor bear.
AL: Oh i always imagined it was something serious
DS: Again, I'm a doctor bear.
DS: Not very serious, now am I?
AL: Mum used to pretend it was something super important and that when we said it was something like that you got annoyed
AL: I guess you aren't
AL: I miss her
AL: and Fran
DS: So do I.
DS: I really liked your mother.
AL: yeah
DS: She was a nice lady.
AL: She was
DS: Anyway, do you have any questions for me?
AL: You think they were ok
AL: ?
AL: Fran an mum i mean
DS: I don't know. It's been a long time since I've seen them.
AL: Oh an i think I'm going to have a baby
DS: I've been living with you, remeber?
AL: True
DS: What? When did this happen!?
AL: Fran had you twin brother
AL: I don't know
AL: I mean well
DS: Oh dear oh dear...
AL: We ran away a year and a half ago
AL: And since then
AL: well It's jsut been winston
AL: There were a few guys i met once or twice
AL: but i never
DS: So, you and
DS: Winston...?
AL: I mean can winston even be a dad
AL: No
DS: Hmmmmm.
AL: but maybe we don't need to
DS: Very interesting.
AL: I don't knwo who or what he is
AL: Does he even apply?
AL: I don't know
DS: Nor do I my dear. Nor do I.
AL: Oh ok
AL: So this is bad?
AL: or what
AL: Fran wouldn't do this
AL: she was the good one
AL: and the smart one
AL: and the tough one
DS: Well, I can't say I know. I suppose you'll have to wait and see.
DS: And stop being so hard on yourself!
DS: You were always a wonderful child!
AL: Thanks
DS: Your mother loved you and your sister equally; neither of you were better than the other!
AL: Thanks
AL: 3 mimuets right?
AL: Or was it 6
DS: Hmmmm?
DS: 3 minutes till what?
AL: I mean the age differnce
AL: how much older was she?
DS: Oh, yes yes.
DS: Fran was only 3 minutes older, yes.
AL: Ok
DS: Now, before we get off topic again, do you have any questions about this game you're playing?
AL: What next?
DS: Come with me.
AL: Sorry but well it's kinda the first time I remembered it
AL: ok
AL: I'll follow you
AL: and so will winston
-- drneddelSprite [DS] ceased pestering avouLeance [AL] at 16:33 --

You follow DRNEDDELSPRITE outside, where he directs you to look up. He points out the FIRST GATE, and explains that you must build your way up to it. Only then can your adventure continue.

He also says that he'll be around if you have any more questions.

>Chas: Your BAD PUN does enough mental damage to defeat the CHALK OGRE. The lasers were just overkill.

You grow to level 10, becoming a ROOKIE SALESMAN! Boondollars pour in, getting you 127,725 total.

You also reap the Grist left behind by all your enemies. +528 Build Grist, +798 Chalk Grist, +333 Shale Grist, +146 Amber Grist.

GRANDPASPRITE looks quite pleased with your progress. He offers you a celebratory high five.

>Greg: You enter your room, taking a look at your precious bookshelves. And the swarm of IMPS tearing them apart.

Perrywinkle hisses, gaining the IMPS attention. A group of seven charge at you.

>Dirk: Your HARUHARA BLADE deals a lot of damage to the OGRE. However, that just kind of made it mad.

Suddenly, a STEEL D20 slams into your opponent's face, knocking him down. You spin around, and see your SIS watching you from the roof. She's got one of DISCONCERTING GRINS on her face.

She tosses you a balled up piece of paper and jumps off the roof. She then proceeds to jump off the edge of your stone island. You're sure she'll be fine.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Enter room

You almost get to your room when someone pesters you.Another strange being.
[02:27:51] -- awkwardZombie [AZ] began pestering ghostKnight [GK] at 14:27 --
[02:28:03] AZ: HEY GK!
[02:28:11] AZ: HOW HΔZ YOUR DΔY BEEN ZO FΔR?
[02:28:17] GK: Greetings,I don't believe I have talked to you before
[02:28:25] AZ: NOPE :D
[02:28:39] GK: And to answer your question...Strange
[02:28:52] AZ: OH ΔND WHY IZ THΔT?
[02:29:02] AZ: YOU GET ΔTTΔCKED BY Δ PΔNDΔ OR ZOMETHING COOL?
[02:29:20] GK: I wake up today thinking it will be normal and now I stand in...actually i have no idea were I am :/
[02:29:45] AZ: OH WELL THΔTZ ODD
[02:29:57] GK: Yes very.
[02:29:58] AZ: WHΔTZ GOIN ON ΔROUND YOU?
[02:30:41] GK: Well I seem to be ontop of a stone tower and there is also a volcano outside my house.Which just came into being a few hours ago >.>
[02:31:08] AZ: HUH THΔT IZ ODD
[02:31:11] GK: But where are my manners...How has your day been?
[02:31:24] AZ: OH WEVE HΔD Δ PRETTY ΔLRIGHT DΔY
[02:31:52] GK: Hmm thats good I guess.
[02:32:11] AZ: I HΔD TO DEZTROY Δ BUNCH OF IMPZ
[02:32:19] AZ: NO BIG DEΔL FOR ZOMEONE ZO ΔWEZOME LIKE ME
[02:32:52] GK: Just becareful."Pride comes before the Fall"or something to that effect.I read it once in a book
[02:33:37] AZ: HΔHΔ WE KNOW
[02:33:45] AZ: Δ BUNCH OF UZ ΔRE RΔTHER WELL REΔD
[02:33:47] AZ: NOT ΔLL OF UZ THOUGH
[02:33:50] GK: Hmm well I see
[02:34:03] GK: I'm guessing that your one of the "trolls"?
[02:34:30] AZ: NΔH JUZT Δ HUMΔN WHO ZHΔREZ THIZ ΔCCOUNT WITH ΔROUND 20 OR ZO INDIVIDUΔLZ
[02:34:49] GK: Jeez
[02:35:47] GK: I don't think I could handle twenty people.I can barely keep six from killing each other sometimes
[02:36:31] AZ: IT GETZ ΔNNOYING WHEN I WΔNT TO TΔLK TO ZOMEONE ON PEZTERCHUM BUT ONE OF THE OTHER ZOMBIEZ HΔZ TΔKEN THE ΔCCOUNT
[02:36:47] AZ: EZPECIΔLLY ZENZE IM THE ONE WHO MΔDE THIZ ΔCCOUNT
[02:37:04] GK: I see.I could see how that would be annoying
[02:38:03] AZ: WELL ITZ BEEN ΔWFULLY NICE TΔLKING WITH YOU TODΔY! BUT WE MUZT GO FOR NOW.
[02:38:12] AZ: ΔDIOZ ΔMIGO
[02:38:15] -- awkwardZombie [AZ] ceased pestering ghostKnight [GK] at 14:38 --

Huh,another human.Could more have escaped?Or was he lying?You shrug your shoulders and decide to figure that out later.But anyways you are at your ROOM DOOR.

Just before you enter you stop and put your ear to the door as you think you hear movement of the other side.And the sound of items being moved and tossed.

You open the door to your ROOM and everything seems to slowdown.You look upon the carnage.

Seven creatures,which you would guess are the creatures called IMPS,are going through your BOOKSHELVES and tearing your BOOKS apart.

You stand there FROZEN.You wonder if your heart had stopped.A feeling your not used to seems to have gripped you.You think its called shock or atleast thats what you think its called.You just can't seem to take your eyes off the scene.

And then the CAT hisses at the IMPS which seems to draw their attention to you.After a moment they grab the nearest book,likely to use as a weapon against you,and charge you.

You watch them advancing toward you,everything still almost in slow mo.

Your REALLY COOL GUY meter drains rapidly.As it hits the bottom you feel it.The one emotion that you have tried your whole life to control.It bubbles up inside of you and yet in your
current state you can't seem to fight it.The shock is still too great.Your eyes seem to darken and gain a tint of red,though it might just be a trick of the light,and you start to breath heavy.The Rage is upon you.You ready your KNIGHT'S SWORD and prepare to rip these IMPS apart.

>Greg:STRIFE!

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>Dirk: Pocket note and finish off that vandal!

You're sure that whatever your SIS wanted to say was important, but right now what's more important is beating the shit out of this OGRE. He has a PRICE to pay for taking the life of WILL SMITH. You hop onto his ROTUND BELLY as the BREEZE picks up, his RED SCARF flapping against the twilight sky. You equip your HYPERION GUNBLADE and commence its ULTIMATE FINISHER MOVE:

SEE YOU, SPACE COWBOY.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Greg: Your RAGE ATTRIBUTE is incredibly high right now! As you attack the IMPS, they are easily felled by your KNIGHT'S SWORD.

You are promoted to level 4, JUVENILE ECLIPSE! You earn 1875 BOONDOLLARS!

You also pick up 139 Build Grist and 101 Marble Grist.

>Chas: Your ALCHEMY BINGE has the following results:

SHITTY ALTERNIAN PITCHFORK! A giant pitchfork. -125 Build Grist, -15 Amber Grist.
THE HARD-BROILED HEADSET! Hey, now your glasses match your suit! Awesome. -75 Build Grist, -15 Shale Grist.
BRIEFCASE COMPUTER! It's a computer that can be carried around like a briefcase. Alright. -100 Build Grist.

>Dirk: You EXECUTE the OGRE in a truly epic manner. It causes you to level up to a level 10 Adolescent Tutor. You now have a total of 127,725 Boondollars.

You also gain 203 units of Build Grist and 157 units of Shale.

>Beth: Winston points out a group of IMPS standing a ways away from you. They look like they want to attack, but are clearly afraid of Winston.

By any chance, does anyone know who that awkwrdZombie guy was?