Welcome to Sburb! (Dead and Over)

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Remain calm

Well,this is terribly inconvenient.But on the bright side,it could have been much worse.Now all you need to do is get your foot unstuck,charge up the SKYNEEDLE for Letage and you will be...why is the ground shaking ominously..and that's a giant monster heading towards you...Well....this isn't going well..

Ok...it may be harder to stay calm then you thought...

But one problem at a time...

>Greg:Attempt to yank foot free of glass

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
>Waffles: 0_0
Yes, Mr. Pappytech.

>Xavier: Enter the temple with aplomb
You tug Future!Drik and C-Diddy in with you. You then remind yourself to ask Future!Dirk to join X-GANG. If he joins When he joins, X-GANG will be the best subdivision team in Incisphere.

Better than anyone else.

Ever.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
>Rich: Fly higher, check for patterns.

THERE'S GOTTA BE A PATTERN YOU JUST KNOW IT

>Rich: Failing that, pick a random line, follow it, and promptly drop out of the story for an extended weekend.

You got it.

>MetroidNut: Apologize for impending disappearance.

Family get-together. Yay.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>CJ: Celebrate

HELL. FUCKING. YES.

>Dirk: Talk to the Queen first

"If it's all right with you, I'd like to speak with her now. And, with her, I guess. I figure the books will still be here, but I should probably take the opportunity presented immediately.

>Future Dirk who is currently dressed exactly like his retroactive canon namesake: Consider joining X-Gang

Fuck no. You're in enough teams as it is, no need to burden yourself with extras. Besides, tying yourself down to one team would just sew division and strife among your friends. Or something. Truth be told, you just don't want some arbitrary reason to be stuck around these consorts any longer than you have to. They kind of freak you out.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE YOU PREDICTING ACT 6

>CJ: Be reminded of that one thing you would start one of these days.

Y'know. Fucktimus Prime and all that?

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
...This. Is. AWESOME.

Obviously I take all the credit. All of it. It's all mine. Just because you guys came up with the characters, heroic roles, and strife specibis, doesn't mean I can't jump in and take all the responsibility. IT'S MINE, ALL MINE! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

In all seriousness though, hilarious development. You guys rock. Except for you, Metroid. I'm keeping an eye on you.

Anyway, update coming soon. As in, within the next half hour. Also, Benndak, what's up with the new title? Just out of curiosity.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Nitemare:Try to be reasonable

Not to be mean and ruin anyone's fun,but lets be logical here.

The Dirk thing isn't all that surprising as how many 4 letter names that start with a D are there?

For Dirk and Dave/Bro having anything in common,well,that isn't my place to say.

The only way Chas and John/Jane are similar is the STRIFE SPECIBUS.Maybe I'm wrong,but from what I have seen that is just my opinion.

As for the thought of Hussie using our RP as a jumping point,I would say that the chance of that is equal to the chance that Hussie is secretly one of us and is dropping Act 6 hints here.

The Hero of Heart thing is likely just a coincidence.

Also...What did I do? :(...I mean..

>Greg:Be Greg

What did I do? :/

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
>Waffles: HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Holy shit, holy fucking shit.

*Acrobatic pirouette off the handle*

>Xavier: Secretly enlist Future!Dirk
Make him a him a member of the Eh-X-Gang
Wait, that doesn't really fit. But whatever.

>X-Gang: Adventure on through the Temple

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Greg: Yeah, it turns out that glass can be hard to break when it's dozens of feet thick. You're unable to simply yank your foot from the substance; looks like you'll have to come up with something else to free yourself.

And, you might want to figure that out soon. That hulking shadow is still getting closer. Man, those are some loud footsteps.

:( Awwww, spoilsport. Yeah, obviously it's all conincidence, but it's fun to pretend, right? We're just being silly, like we always are!

Also, you didn't do anything. I meant to type Rich, and changed my last post to Metroid anyway. He also hasn't done anything, but again, I like to act silly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>X-Gang: You head inside the TEMPLE, cautiously marching through the ancient passageway. Brushing aside layers of cobwebs and knocking up clouds of dust, the three of you traipse through a stone hallway, mysterious and arcane carvings covering the walls. Though many of them have long been ruined by the erosion of time and the elements, you can still make out a few of the markings.

Notable among these remaining carvings are several familiar creatures, FROGS and TURTLES and SALAMANDERS and PARROTS and GECKOS, to name a few. Spirographs and LOTUSES can also be spotted decorating the walls. However, one carving in particular catches your eyes: An enormous snake, apparently large enough to swallow a Consort whole, if the carvings are to scale. From what you can see, rays seem to emit from the serpent's eyes, striking a few skeletal creatures lying on the ground. You're sure that's not ominous in any way whatsoever.

Eventually, you emerge into a large chamber, in what is probably the center of the TEMPLE. Dusty sunlight pours in through tiny slits in the ceiling and walls, illuminating four hallways branching out from this chamber, one of which you just traversed. A few ancient statues, in various states of disrepair, are dotted around the chamber, holding a variety of strange objects. A ring of these statues, most of them decapitated or missing limbs, enclose a deep whole, its bottom obscured by darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Rich: Flying higher, you realize that yes, there is a pattern. The lines curve and stretch across the ground far below you, creating intersections and shapes and all kinds of weird stuff. But, it was certainly made with some kind of pattern in mind. That of a monster with hundreds and hundreds of heads, and a massive body.

You sincerely hope that whatever this thing is a picture of, that's it not to scale.

>Dirk: "Sure, sure, let's go then. Alright, I said we're leaving; sorry! Don't open the door so fast next time..." VS leads you back out of the room, receiving a nasty glare from the other Prospitian as he leaves.

As you return to the maze of hallways and passages, VS begins humming a merry tune, walking along with his eyes shut. Nonetheless, he's able to navigate his way without difficulty, easily leading you through dozens of intersections and ramps. Oddly, there are no stairs to be found.

Eventually, the two of you march into a massive room, its ceiling hundreds of yards above you, golden walls decorated with brilliant yellow banners, bearing the crowns of the King and Queen. In the center of the room is an incredibly tall throne, it's back towering towards the ceiling. Seated upon this throne is who you assume to be the White Queen. She looks up as you enter, as VS announces your presence with a theatrical bow and cherry proclamation. Though she seems to be missing a mouth, you get the distinct impression that the Queen is smiling at you.

Queenlog time! Let me know when you're up for one.

ArcNitemare

Apr 30, 2008
>Greg:Try another idea while continuing to stay calm

Well that didn't work.And the shadow is getting closer.

Ok,don't panic.You will think of something...Wait...if Spacy stuff got you stuck,maybe it can get you unstuck....

You concentrate and try to teleport yourself about seven feet in the air.That should be enough of a gap to get you free and clear.Hopefully.

I figured it was a joke(also a possible ZP reference),but I just wanted to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong :)

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
>MetroidNut: Return.

I'm back, baby!

>Rich: Bask in glory of pattern.

Its beauty is simply indescribable, and will remain so until at least your next post!

>Dirk Pace: Be the second coolest Dirk in Homestuck.

I went there.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>CJ and Dirk Pace: Go torment the fuck out of MetroidQuest

WERE DOING THIS BRO. WERE MAKIN IT HAPPEN

WafflesandBacon

Inspired by Nonsense
Aug 25, 2009
>Waffles: Auspiscize
I INTERJECT the STANDOFF, pushing the two away.

OH SHIT! 2X THREAD COMBO!

>Xavier: Choose a path
You cannot simply choose one! It takes serious consideration.

You lick your finger and raise into the air to see where the a draft may be coming from.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Greg: Good news! Your teleportation is able to get you out of the glass, and into the air! You fall back to the ground, taking no damage from the impact.

Bad news. Your feet are still stuck in small cubes of glass, making it difficult to gain purchase on the smooth ground below you. You might want to tread carefully until you get these things off; don't want to fall and hurt yourself.

And, because someone's creativity has entirely dried up over the past few days, you find yourself facing an OCCUSULI. Said beastie gives a loud roar as it bears down on you, a massive fist swinging your way.

>Xavier: ...You know, I never figured out why licking your finger helps you detect drafts. Still, that probably gives your DETECT WIND DIRECTION skill a +2.

Unsurprisingly, you find that the wind is blowing back the way you came. What is surprising, however, is the slight stench that is carried on the breeze, one of rotting flesh and musty bones. And is that a hissing sound you hear emitting from the pit?

>GM: Arbitrarily declare Connor to be dead. Yeah, doesn't look like we're getting any interest in someone replacing him, and Lord knows I can't control a character while GMing. Looks like Chas is a murderer. Well, he's already murdered countless Underlings, but now he's also killed another human.

Pappytech

Jun 7, 2011
>Chas: While beginning your hunt for FROGS of various descriptions, you suddenly feel a strange, yet familiar energy welling up within you. Strength pulses throughout your body, as ice seems to pour through your veins. An ancient tone resonates through your mind, causing the deepest recesses of your soul to quake with its power. You think... you think you just gained a GRIMDARK level.

Level up! Level 1 Bane of Sun. +125 BOONDOLLARS.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
>Rich: Be creeped out by the pattern.

That's...not normal.

>Rich: Return to village, inquire about pattern.

You do so in a manner probably not worthy of a pesterlog.

CJ1145

Elite Member
Jan 6, 2009
>CJ: Be pissed that you and GM are never on Pesterchum at the same time

With gusto.