well, the the escapist was just attacked.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
Witty Name Here said:
Way to try to strawman the argument. You post right there is the equivalent of saying "Pearl harbor? PFffffffft, people making a big deal over some shipping incident or another".
Um... strawman? My post wasn't even close to that. I was questioning what evidence you had to support your claims. Your whole "Pearl Harbor" statement appears to be nothing but circumstantial ad hominem because you're offended by my questioning and think I take a "side" in this matter.

It's outright stating, quite clearly, that the Social Justice Warriors are desperate as all get out. Before any of this began, it said that there were hacks planned for GG supporters, doxxing of the major figures in the movement.

And what do you know, now we have people being fired and getting death threats from zealous Social Justice Warriors. Now our site has been attacked by them, and the same people who were screeching so loudly about how Gamergate is based in misogyny and how a few comments from random people justify painting the hole movement are whimpering and murmuring "No guys, I'm serious, we n-need more evidence."
I see. I missed those notes from the SJW Corp. about the impending attacks. My bad.

Also, sorry if I can't take that "proof" of SJW wrongdoings seriously. The first image doesn't contain any proof at all, unless you count someone blaming their circumstances on "SJWs" as fact. He makes a slanderous comment blaming a nebulous, faceless, imaginary ideology for him losing his job, and something down below stating that he lost his job. Where is the solid, causal evidence linking the two?

As for the second image, again, what's the context? Someone got a message from someone else threatening them to stop talking about GG. Who got the message and who sent it to them? If a homeless person wrote me a note saying that they know my address in Thailand and they're going to permanently silence my concubine, I wouldn't take that note seriously. If I posted it online, I wouldn't expect anyone else to take it seriously either, much less imply that it's evidence of an international terrorist plot.

Besides, his statement is totally false: my second address and my concubine are in Rio.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Witty Name Here said:
xaszatm said:
So...you have none? No proof it was an Anti-Gamergate person but are assuming stuff? Then try and justify it by making a false comparison to make your side seem like an Angel? Cute.

Oh, and "side is shown for what it is"? What in the everliving hell does that mean?
Considering I just pointed towards the fact that there's been an increase in hackings related to Gamergate supporters as well as evidence that 4chan seems to be relying on hacking to try and shut down the conversation (that's not even getting into the fact Anita got Thunderf00t's twitter account suspended) your "BUT THAT'S NOT EVIDENCE!" is all but meaningless.

And our side are hardly angels, but at the very least we aren't censoring free speech. We aren't kicking people off of twitter and we aren't making any concerted effort to fire people who are on the other side.

As for shown for what it is, it shows that for all their high horse patronizing and mocking of the other side, Social Justice Warriors are nothing more than desperate little parasites. They cling and cling to their ability to harass and bully others, to shame people into silence and create a toxic community. Whenever any group stands against them they'll use any method, regardless of legality, to silence them.
I see you have absolutely no sense of irony with that last paragraph. Tell me, did you just described anti- or pro- gamergate side? Because I think you're self-projecting a little too hard. So, let me get this straight. It is the SJW who doxx, who harass, who bully, who shame people into silence and create a toxic community. It is clearly ONLY the "SJW" who does this and have been doing it. Wow. I mean, wow. Never, NEVER have I seen such a strong case of self-projected hate then in your post.

Let me guess, you guys NEVER did that. You guys are completely spotless in your innocence. It's always the fault of those "evil" feminists that are out to get you, right? All threats, harrasments, bomb threats are nothing but falsehoods because you threaten any who say otherwise Oh, I'm sorry. Because you started looking for evidence to fit your claims instead of trying to find the truth among the evidence.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Barbas said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Barbas said:
erttheking said:
Witty Name Here said:
BobDobolina said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious.
It goes even deeper. The "hardware failure" explanation was planted on the Escapist's twitter by the Illuminati. They've been behind the SJW agenda all along. The Shriners and the Reptoids from Zeta Reticuli are in on it too. No one is safe.
Archon confirmed that it's a DDoS attack. It's specifically going after the Gamergate thread.

You have no leg to stand on.

The simple fact of the matter is the world sees the Anti-GG types for what they are now. This hacking is because they disrespect the basic tenants of free speech. They hate, loathe, the loss of their control. They're desperate to silence the opposition and will use any means necessary to do so.

This is what the SJW side is truly like. This is what those who look at all the evidence and are still Anti-GG support.

Doxxing, Hacking, DDoS, these are the tools those who are against Gamergate. They can't win with logic. They can't win with the press. They're now trying (and failing) to win with borderline illegal methods and threatening those who support Gamergate into silence.
Yes, what happened here was pretty damn despicable. I'm still staying neutral in this whole mess though. Still way too much garbage going on on both sides. (Also, I have to say, are we certain that this was an anti-GG move? We sure it wasn't just someone trying to piss people off?)
I side with Jim, who sides with Ganondorf (Peace be upon Him) - The person who hacked represents only the person who hacked. We cannot currently say more.
when its one guy in the gamergate crowd, its the gamergate crowd's fault

when its one guy in the anti-gamer gate crowd, its the fault of that guy in the anti-gamer gate crowd

i wonder if jim will address this... no im sure he wont
You've just repeated what the last person said to me...are you surmising that I'm untrustworthy because I solely blamed the person who committed the deed and not a whole crowd of people? Does this mean you're going to label me as being "against" you now?

Come on now, Nuclear. This is ridiculous. It's not rational. We all want more from this industry, but this isn't the way to go about it. And Jim did address it on twitlonger [http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s5bla7] (though he was reluctant to). After you just put words in my mouth, can you really blame the man for his reluctance? He sees what's happening here.

Do you not see it, Nuclear? People, human beings, have had their personal lives scrutinized. Strangers have rifled through their personal information and correspondences with all the gleeful abandon of a witchfinder general. They've found themselves put on all sorts of lists for things they have and haven't said.

Angry mobs aren't known for building edifices, they're known for rioting and tearing them down. That is not worth the change you are asking for. It cannot be forced. Calmer heads will prevail here.
ok i mightve jumped the gun here

but its just hearing about jim right now infuriates me, he has not addressed this properly, that tweetlonger was very half-assed and in none of his videos has he ever addressed the abuses of the anti-gamergate side, hell they probably just DDoS'd the very website he works for and he still wont talk about it

he wont address it, he will just keep refering to the abuses of the gamergate side, he will keep contradicting all of his previous statements...

jim is not a calm head, not by a long shot, he wouldnt have jumped into zoe's story like he did otherwise

im done with jim

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
NuclearKangaroo said:
xaszatm said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
Barbas said:
erttheking said:
Witty Name Here said:
BobDobolina said:
Witty Name Here said:
To anyone curious.
It goes even deeper. The "hardware failure" explanation was planted on the Escapist's twitter by the Illuminati. They've been behind the SJW agenda all along. The Shriners and the Reptoids from Zeta Reticuli are in on it too. No one is safe.
Archon confirmed that it's a DDoS attack. It's specifically going after the Gamergate thread.

You have no leg to stand on.

The simple fact of the matter is the world sees the Anti-GG types for what they are now. This hacking is because they disrespect the basic tenants of free speech. They hate, loathe, the loss of their control. They're desperate to silence the opposition and will use any means necessary to do so.

This is what the SJW side is truly like. This is what those who look at all the evidence and are still Anti-GG support.

Doxxing, Hacking, DDoS, these are the tools those who are against Gamergate. They can't win with logic. They can't win with the press. They're now trying (and failing) to win with borderline illegal methods and threatening those who support Gamergate into silence.
Yes, what happened here was pretty damn despicable. I'm still staying neutral in this whole mess though. Still way too much garbage going on on both sides. (Also, I have to say, are we certain that this was an anti-GG move? We sure it wasn't just someone trying to piss people off?)
I side with Jim, who sides with Ganondorf (Peace be upon Him) - The person who hacked represents only the person who hacked. We cannot currently say more.
when its one guy in the gamergate crowd, its the gamergate crowd's fault

when its one guy in the anti-gamer gate crowd, its the fault of that guy in the anti-gamer gate crowd

i wonder if jim will address this... no im sure he wont
Maybe because how insane the pro-gamer side reacted to the news. Immediately denying it (fine) then saying the other person did it to themselves (not fine) and that during that point in time, the pro-gamergate "side" still had loads of real misogynist baggage to deal with. So far, people are saying it most definitely could be some idiot on the anti-gamergate "side". The fan reaction really is telling.
what are you talking about?
What was the response when Zoe Quinn and Phil Fish was doxxed?

Answer: There were claims that it was fake. That they did it for attention. Even AFTER we got evidence they did not, in fact, fake it, that narrative became too strong to ignore. Also the rampant misogyny and harassment of anyone who DARED think otherwise.

What is the current response to the Escapist DDoS?

Answer: People saying that it could very well be someone on any or no side at all. But people who are "pro" gamegate are quite delightfully screaming that this is the true face of SJW without any proof to show it and insulting anyone along the way.

So yeah, I'm sure we can compare the two exactly the same.

Sep 13, 2009
As much as I reel every time I look into that thread, and as much as I dislike the fact that we're being flooded with conspiracy nuts because of being the only forum openly discussing it, it's a shame that someone decided to DDOS the Escapist. Also... talk about weird targets. If it is the "SJW conspiracy network" then they're attacking a site that allowed discussion of Gamergate, but whose Editor in Chief has been very vocally supportive of the "Social Justice" side.

It just sounds really weird to me, I can't think of any good motive for this.

Also, I love the fact that several news sites beat The Escapist to writing about their own DDOS

SnakeTrousers

Dec 30, 2013
Witty Name Here said:
And our side are hardly angels, but at the very least we aren't censoring free speech. We aren't kicking people off of twitter and we aren't making any concerted effort to fire people who are on the other side.
Well, except for when you are, or was that all a false flag?

Ten Foot Bunny

Mar 19, 2014
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Also, I love the fact that several news sites beat The Escapist to writing about their own DDOS
I'd like to think it was because The Escapist was too busy fixing The Escapist to draft an official story for The Escapist... leading to the delicious irony that you pointed out. ;) Well done!

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Eh, I think people who think this is part of a bigger "SJW conspiracy" are overreacting. DDOSing is fairly easily done by small groups or even individuals and I think it's not super unlikely that probably one of the most controversial threads would be targeted by one.

Either way, sucks and all that.

Fenrir007

Sep 7, 2014
To everyone suspecting this could be an attack orchestrated by #GamerGate, I have only this to say:

Next time Anita or someone else on the other side screams about a threat, I hope you will also employ a healthy dose of scepticism and consider it could have been perpetrated not only by #GamerGate members, but also anti-GG, the victim himself/herself (even by lying about the existence of the threat) and completely unafiliated 3rd parties (a.k.a. trolls), because this is the exact same situation. I'm not talking only about the DDoS, by the way, but the other attacks that happened in a similar timeframe, like one that made a guy lose his job or the other that impersonated a twitter user after doxxing him and cancelled his contract with his ISP, cutting his internet access, amonsgt others.

Failure to do so will show your double standards on the whole situation.

Personally, I think scepticism is always healthy, and we should always exercise it instead of blindly believing on anything. I also hope this will curb some of the professional victims that continually attempt to derail the movement by sidetracking it to personal issues.

Ten Foot Bunny

Mar 19, 2014
Witty Name Here said:
Still, in terms of general "badness" SJWs are at the far end of the scale. Right up there with the Westboro Baptist Church. Granted arguably a little worse since those idiots don't infringe on others' right to free speech.
Wow... just... wow...

With that, I'm officially done with this thread. The quote above was a fine example (perhaps THE finest example) of why I've stayed away from all the GG stuff and haven't wanted to associate with GG in any way, shape, or form.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
*eye roll*

So, they wanted to stop the discussion .... by bringing down the forums? All of them? Cause I can't get tot he RP (Role Play) section.

*slow clap*

Way to go, now EVERYONE on the site will be pissed at these guys. Especially the people like me that have been staying the fuck out of it.
Yeah, this is bullshit, SOME people are trying to do stuff on these forums without being dragged into this shit tsunami.

*sigh*
I've made a reddit post vaguely related if anyone's interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2gzpwh/what_is_happening_at_4chan/

Hopefully someone will come along and just explain what is going on. Apparently 4chan's in meltdown over this...

mega lenin

Jul 2, 2014
As much as I reel every time I look into that thread, and as much as I dislike the fact that we're being flooded with conspiracy nuts because of being the only forum openly discussing it, it's a shame that someone decided to DDOS the Escapist. Also... talk about weird targets. If it is the "SJW conspiracy network" then they're attacking a site that allowed discussion of Gamergate, but whose Editor in Chief has been very vocally supportive of the "Social Justice" side.

It just sounds really weird to me, I can't think of any good motive for this.

I can. Lols at getting the pitchfork brigades to brandish their torches and pitchforks once again while at the same time testing out some new copy pasta script they found on the interwebz.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
Witty Name Here said:
As I said. We're hardly angels.

Still, in terms of general "badness" SJWs are at the far end of the scale. Right up there with the Westboro Baptist Church. Granted arguably a little worse since those idiots don't infringe on others' right to free speech.

Rather ironic that you mention "threaten any who say otherwise" considering that's what SJW punks have been doing for about three years. Criticize Anita? "YOU JUST -HATE- WOMEN!" followed by, as we've seen in thunderf00t's case, being suspended from twitter and censored.

Granted, it's not that shocking that the SJWs are getting desperate. After all, insult, demean, harass, and bully people for about three years then react to opposition by censoring all discussion on the topic leads to a shit storm of epic proportions. They started the war, and Gamergate is just putting an end to it.
Yeah, where are you pulling that free speech card? Cause if someone is actually violating it, you can go to the government with that. Planning on doing so? ...Thought not. Screw the skewed view of what the internet thinks free speech means.

Criticisms of Sarkeesian=WOMEN HATER? I never see those kinds of people. I more often see if you say 1 good thing about her, YouTube comment sections say you are killing the industry, you're a white knight pussy mangina ******, you want censorship and banning of everything and blah blah blah. Yeah, show me those people you're talking about and I'll show you mine. And screw the thunderf00t situation, he wanted at least 1 person permanently banned from YouTube for things outside the site. And it wasn't even PM related, it was satire considered bullying. Thunderf00t's banned quite a few people from being able to comment on his videos too or has blocked them from any form of contact or interaction, even on Twitter, why aren't you bringing that up? I thought people on your side were for free speech.

Yeah the SJWs were always the ones who harassed and bullied people over the years, and if the other side did too, they didn't claim to have a moral high ground (except claim they were the protectors of free speech when not knowing what that word actually meant). "They started the war", yeah, when, tell me when, tell me the date. I dare you. And it's not like war has clearly people starting it, the best you can ever do is say when the first battle was.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Yep, fuck whoever did this. I don't care which side their on, I don't care if Anita and Quinn themselves did it. I just want to know why and to tell them to fuck off myself. Silencing the opposition is just pitiful and causing an entire site to shut down with hundreds of topics not involving GG is just being a dick.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I didn't realise the escapist harboured this level of conspiracy theorist.

The site's been DDOS'd, I lost my email account, the SJW illuminati did it.

Being DDOS'd, it wouldn't compromise anyone's account. Don't pull the"open your eyes sheeple" shit one me, I'll just ignore you. I'm mostly on the side of the non-SJW (Or whatever Jim wants to call them), but I still don't buy this as some grand plan by the hordes of censorship hungry, internet white nights.

It doesn't take a genius or a conspiracy to DDOS a site (remember the lizard squad thing). I have pretty low regard for the extreme SJW crowd and I don't think they could organise some kind of some kind of attack. If they had the site would have been down for longer. Besides why would they attack the escapist of all places? The staff here are all fairly publicly on the SJW side (regardless of what Jim says about his neutrality).

Sep 13, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
You know, people would be far more receptive to giving credibility to the Gamergate conspiracy if it wasn't unabashedly a fight against journalism ethics and feminism equally

Ten Foot Bunny said:
I'd like to think it was because The Escapist was too busy fixing The Escapist to draft an official story for The Escapist... leading to the delicious irony that you pointed out. ;) Well done!
And thanks! Although I'm personally hoping that they don't have the same team on site maintenance and article writing

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Witty Name Here said:
xaszatm said:
I see you have absolutely no sense of irony with that last paragraph. Tell me, did you just described anti- or pro- gamergate side? Because I think you're self-projecting a little too hard. So, let me get this straight. It is the SJW who doxx, who harass, who bully, who shame people into silence and create a toxic community. It is clearly ONLY the "SJW" who does this and have been doing it. Wow. I mean, wow. Never, NEVER have I seen such a strong case of self-projected hate then in your post.

Let me guess, you guys NEVER did that. You guys are completely spotless in your innocence. It's always the fault of those "evil" feminists that are out to get you, right? All threats, harrasments, bomb threats are nothing but falsehoods because you threaten any who say otherwise Oh, I'm sorry. Because you started looking for evidence to fit your claims instead of trying to find the truth among the evidence.
As I said. We're hardly angels.

Rather ironic that you mention "threaten any who say otherwise" considering that's what SJW punks have been doing for about three years. Criticize Anita? "YOU JUST -HATE- WOMEN!" followed by, as we've seen in thunderf00t's case, being suspended from twitter and censored.

Granted, it's not that shocking that the SJWs are getting desperate. After all, insult, demean, harass, and bully people for about three years then react to opposition by censoring all discussion on the topic leads to a shit storm of epic proportions. They started the war, and Gamergate is just putting an end to it.
...they started the war? Was it when an angry ex-boyfriend made a post? Or was it when a woman made a video series? Or some other event I'm missing?

And I assume all the harrasment and doxxing of Anita didn't exist as well or represents only a few of your side. Funny how it is your side, all the bad is put into a few bad eggs yet you try to make everyone who remotely disagrees with you an "SJW" extremists.