WH40K Tabletop Game

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
I play T'au. I like the Idea of sitting in the back completely wrecking your big shit while a line of shitty gunfire maybe hurts your little guys maybe a bit if I'm lucky. or maybe I'm playing them wrong? or maybe the fact that my opponents are usually space wolves might have something to do with it? I dunno, you tell me.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I play the Dark Eldar mostly, but I am creating a Sisters of Battle army to combat my mate's Tyranid Swarm. My favourite would have to be the Sisters at the moment - excellent short-range firepower, plus I have a thing for badass chicks in armour ^_^

My least favourite WH40K race would be the Orks. I don't really see the point in them to be honest, but hey, each to his own...

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
I actually considered playing even though there is no one to play with here. Then I checked the prices and realized I can buy a house or two at the cost of a small Necron army.

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Recently re-started. Seeing the awesome Imperial Armour Volume 9: Badab war Pt1, I decided I liked the Astral Claws.
Currently collecting the Astral Claws with Tyrant's Legion from during the Badab War. Such a brilliant back story - "the road to damnation is paved with the souls of men with good intentions" sums them up pretty well for me.
And come on - the army is lead by a paranoid tyrant and a mad scientist/mechanic. What's not to like?

[sub]It also means I can collect an army which whilst not technically Imperial, isn't out-and-out heretical...[/sub]

Lunareclipse123

Aug 14, 2007
MadMechanic said:
Recently re-started. Seeing the awesome Imperial Armour Volume 9: Badab war Pt1, I decided I liked the Astral Claws.
Currently collecting the Astral Claws with Tyrant's Legion from during the Badab War. Such a brilliant back story - "the road to damnation is paved with the souls of men with good intentions" sums them up pretty well for me.
And come on - the army is lead by a paranoid tyrant and a mad scientist/mechanic. What's not to like?

[sub]It also means I can collect an army which whilst not technically Imperial, isn't out-and-out heretical...[/sub]
You realise that after the Badab war the Astral Claws fall to Chaos and become the Red Corsairs, right? (their chapter master is Huron Blackheart, who's a special character in the Chaos codex)

They're totally Heretical...

Oh and I play Orks, Space Wolves, Alaitoc Eldar, Guard and have a small up-and-coming group of Nurgly Chaos marines

aakibar

Apr 14, 2009
I played Nids but then I gave up it was too expensive, no longer fun and I did not have anyone to play with at college so i gave them to a younger guy who wanted them, he'll find a use for them.

Smurffs are dumb and crons deserve and update thats about it

StrixMaxima

Sep 8, 2008
I play more Fantasy Battle, because I think its world is more compelling (Vampire Counts and Dark Elves roolz), but I also have an Eldar and a Tyranid army when things go 40K.

I love 5.000 skirmishes =)

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I haven't played since they changed the rules from version 2 or 3 i think. I used to play Eldar, Dark Angels and Tyranids...not all at once obviously. I prefered plain Warhammer though, fighting with guns is cheating

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
Lunareclipse123 said:
You realise that after the Badab war the Astral Claws fall to Chaos and become the Red Corsairs, right? (their chapter master is Huron Blackheart, who's a special character in the Chaos codex)

They're totally Heretical...
Hey, I haven't read that far, SPOILERS!!

Hah, I jest, I know. Love the story too. Notice my comment of "during the Badab War", not "after they got slaughtered and ran away". I know they become the Red Corsairs and like I said, like the fluff behind it.
I just like the story that eventually turns them into the space-pirates. Huron wanted to clean out the Maelstrom zone - good intentions, but felt he needed to create an army larger than the Codex, or High Lords would allow. And he's also peeved by (what he percieves to be) the corrupt and lazy highlords over-taxing him. I see them as lawful-evil.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
ParanoidEngineer said:
NECRONS + CHAOS, HUUUUUGZ!

But I hate, loath and despise Sanguinius' glory boys, the Blood Angels.
Pity.

According to the new BA codex, we respect each other so much we even fight the 'nids together!

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I feel the need for the Disclaimer: Due to the expense required to play the Tabletop game most of my 40k experience comes from the Dawn of War PC games.

I'm a big fan of the Imperial Guard and the Orks to an extent, in my mind a shitload of cheap but slightly weaker units (At least at the beginning, once you have all the upgrades the guard are freaking beasts) is better then a couple of powerful but expensive units.

Least favorite, well honestly I like them all, except the Necrons, I just find them incredibly boring. I'm not even sure why, they a race of ancient robotic skeletons who's sole purpose is to erase every single living organism in the universe from existance and their god is literally the physical incarnation of death itself. That's one of the coolest things I've ever heard, and yet they are bar none the most boring science fiction species I've ever seen. How the hell did that happen?

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
Iwata said:
ParanoidEngineer said:
NECRONS + CHAOS, HUUUUUGZ!

But I hate, loath and despise Sanguinius' glory boys, the Blood Angels.
Pity.

According to the new BA codex, we respect each other so much we even fight the 'nids together!

I respect the Blood Angels, and would rather ally with them than the namby-pamby Dark Eldar... Anyways, I just hate you when you deploy the Stormravens, because my Heavy Destroyers get tired of blowing stuff up very easily...

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
I play Imperial Guard, I've got about 2000 points worth of stuff. Left it at home, though, college :(

StevenSuffern

Feb 1, 2011
I have a Tau army I am hobbling together, because they have just the darn sexiest vehicles in the game. I mean, between the Piranha, Hammerhead, and the forge world-made Barracuda, it's...it's just so beautiful!

I must say, there isn't really an army I like the least, but in terms of playing on the field, Nurgle are a PAIN, since they get the space marine armor, often extra toughness, then Feel No Pain to boot...some games I am lucky to kill even a couple troopers, to say nothing of the pair of demon princes my friend likes to field >.<

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Black templar space marines, tau and a small tyranid force to play around with, all thanks to the wonders of buying it cheaper than gamesworkshops kinda ott prices
Shame i have problems finding anyone to play though :(

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
Used to play Tau and Eldar but not actually had a battle in years. More of a fantasy player (go wood elves), so 40k has taken a backseat.

I prefer the lore of 40k but rather play fantasy, memories of playing space marine player after space marine player bored me senseless.

Laith

Sep 10, 2008
I only really play the DoW games (plus read some of the novels) but if I were to play the tabletop game, the armies that intrigue me the most are the Sisters, the Grey Knights, and the Necrons.