What annoys you most about a person?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Subscriptism said:
Queen Michael said:
Self-righteous people. People who can defeat me in arguments come a close second, but the worst people I know are jerks who come up with excuses and suchlike. Like my brother, who unlike me is a Christian. (No offense to other Christians.) When it comes to for instance gay love he's against it, claiming that after all the Bible is pretty clear on the matter. Thing is, this brother of mine never ever donates to charity if he can help it. Now, let's ask ourselves: What did Jesus say about how to treat the poor? He was pretty clear on that point, right? Yeppers, he sure was... And still in that case, this brother of mine never ever tries to share anything with anyone. (Okay, so he did get me a couple of packets of cookies once, which was nice of him, but that's it.)
Have you ever asked him why he wears clothes of mixed fabrics or eats pork and/or shellfish? They're in the bible too.
I have never heard an anti-gay person answer that.
He doesn't eat shellfish, actually. He does eat pork, but I think Jesus said something about how no food is clean or unclean anymore so eat what you like. The mixed fabrics thing, though? He does wear mmixed fabrics, and I've never heard him give an explanation.

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Queen Michael said:
Subscriptism said:
Queen Michael said:
Self-righteous people. People who can defeat me in arguments come a close second, but the worst people I know are jerks who come up with excuses and suchlike. Like my brother, who unlike me is a Christian. (No offense to other Christians.) When it comes to for instance gay love he's against it, claiming that after all the Bible is pretty clear on the matter. Thing is, this brother of mine never ever donates to charity if he can help it. Now, let's ask ourselves: What did Jesus say about how to treat the poor? He was pretty clear on that point, right? Yeppers, he sure was... And still in that case, this brother of mine never ever tries to share anything with anyone. (Okay, so he did get me a couple of packets of cookies once, which was nice of him, but that's it.)
Have you ever asked him why he wears clothes of mixed fabrics or eats pork and/or shellfish? They're in the bible too.
I have never heard an anti-gay person answer that.
He doesn't eat shellfish, actually. He does eat pork, but I think Jesus said something about how no food is clean or unclean any more so eat what you like. The mixed fabrics thing, though? He does wear mixed fabrics, and I've never heard him give an explanation.
Thanks, I've never heard an answer to that before. If you want another one I'll pm you a list.

Ventilator89

Jun 25, 2011
I hate judgmental people.
I'm usually a very quiet person and I never talk or say anything unless I have to, which makes people think I'm weird and act like I'm weird and if i say ANYTHING they look at me weirdly. Like come on people, you don't even know me. People pretty much judge me from what other people say and my quietness. They don't even try to see what I'm actually like.
Oh yea and I'm also quite a jolly/happy person (Or I act like it.) Which actually isn't accepted in a school environment full of cynical, dark, trying-to-be-cool teenagers. Hate those sort of people who try to be superior and grown up when there actually not. Oh yea, and people who think they know everything.

Yea, the ups of going to school.

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
People who are intolerant of oth-

Colour-Scientist said:
People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Fuck! You know what I hate? People who beat me to the punchline. >.>

Really though, I'd essentially agree with what the OP said; I really can't stand the arrogant and obnoxious types. People with really supercilious attitudes (most prominently in the form of elitists) also seriously grind my gears and this last thing is something that I pretty much only encounter online but I hate people who drag politics into everything. With regard to this website, if you see him, you'll know who I'm talking about.

Blank Verse

Nov 17, 2008
What annoys me most about a person?

Usually that quality becomes evident around the time it speaks, and the evidence fades about when it ceases.

SamFancyPants252

Sep 1, 2009
When they can't talk to you for 5 seconds without looking at their phone and texting/facebooking/whatever

I mean, don't I deserve your attention? Christ.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
This might sound odd, but people who agree with me on... everything. I always find my relationships last longer with people who... well... who I disagree with on most issues. It keeps things exciting, I guess. Or maybe they just end before things get too boring. Hard to tell sometimes.

But if I had to pick one specific quality... it's the person who thinks they're funnier than they actually are. And that may be because I'm reminded of myself whenever I encounter one of them.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
When a person wreaks chaos, anger, depression, and general emotional drama over an issue that can be solved by simply growing up and learning how to DO something about it.
I don't usually tell the person that, though.
If you have a problem, I'd be happy to help you fix it. Just don't go whining about how horrible your life is or that there is nothing you can do while not doing ANYTHING.

If you fix/deal with your problem and don't whine, PERFECT!
If you whine while fixing/dealing with your problem, fine. You're actually doing something and that's what matters.
If you don't fix your problem and don't wine, I just hope that you've stopped caring about the problem.
If you don't fix your problem AND whine about it, I think you need to sit back and reevaluate your life. A good, strong, critical analysis on yourself should hopefully get you to grow up.

You should know which situations you can fix, which you can't fix, which are hard to fix, and which ones you're just going to stop caring about because you're to lazy to fix.
Sure, life may have dealt you a bad deck of cards, but that deck isn't going to get any better if you don't either lower your standards to be be content or do something about it. Otherwise, no one will want to help you get a better deck of cards and you'll just be stuck in an endless cycle.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I hate people who turn right during rush hour; it slows traffic and the only people who ever do it are parents dropping off their revolting spawn who aren't even going to work. They're basically just driving about on MY road for a laugh and delaying me from getting to work! I mean for FUCKS SAKE, why do you think we have roundabouts? So you can turn right by turning left. Frankly it'd be better if they just stayed in bed or died.

Also people who put dirty mugs/glasses, crockery or cutlery in the sink. I mean; why? Before it was dirty but now it's dirty AND wet! That's not a fucking improvement! If you're lazy, and we're all lazy, just leave it on the side and deal with it later in your own time, that's fine. Don't fuck up the sink you useless, useless fuck!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

*flips table*

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
People who cant eat with out making noise. I cant understand how people can make chewing noises. Drives me CRAZY.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I absolutely hate snobs who think they are superior to everyone else just because they are smarter, or richer, or better at something.

I also hate people who whine and believe they should have everything in the world.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
A Smooth Criminal said:
The type of person who only talks about doing things to help themselves, complaining about everything and yet never actually doing anything to resolve the issue.
I have a pet peeve that is similar to that: People who say things like "Why does this always happen to me?" every time things don't go their way. I dated a guy a couple of years ago who always complained like that, he was very passive aggressive and just seemed to blame everyone else for his misery. For this reason I broke it off before it became anything serious. His answer was something like "this is just the story of my life..."

Still annoys me when I think about it.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
if you laugh at sex jokes, i automatically hate you. doesn't matter what you do or who you are. if you laugh at that calibre of humour, my toloerance for your presence goes out the window.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
I know there is pretty much no way to say this without looking bad, but stupidity. I honestly don't think of myself as being really smart or anything, but when someone is clearly way below the average intelligence, it annoys me. I know it's unfair, and not their fault, but it annoys me.
Also, feather-headedness.....

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Those kind of people (that are everywhere on Facebook) that say 'BOO! THIS SORT OF THING IS HORRIBLE!' concerning any topic that seem horrible at first glance, but never stop for a second and ponder it deeper. No, they just go with the flow and judge everything by its cover, and align with what everyone else is saying.
For instance: New taxation coming out that just single out a certain group of people (Car-owners, House-owners, pet-owners, Business-owners, whatever)? "OH MY GOD IT'S UNFAIR TREATMENT AND IT'S LIKE WE ARE LIVING IN SOVIET RUSSIA!"
Never mind the fact that there are probably several good reasons for why it is limited only to these groups.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Rawne1980 said:
Misanthropy and people that try to act cynical to be "edgy" or to come across as "mature and intellectual".

They call themselves cynics and misanthropes but I have another word for them ..... tossers.

Walking wastes of oxygen.

One phrase that seriously gets on my manly tits is "I have lost faith in humanity".

We all like a good rant, I love a good rant, but at the end of the day i'm a pretty jolly fella. It's when people try to hard to be cynical and humanity hating it just comes across as verbal shit. The world and humanity would be a much better place if they just shut the feth up.
So true, the woe to humanity people really piss me off too, they are quite frequently teenagers too who know fuck all about the big wide world.

Which brings me to...
I can't stand people who think they know everything but know nothing. There is a guy I work with he 20 and prattles around like he is the foremost authority on everything yet he has no grasp of simple words like immersion. (Used in the context by another college of being fully immersed in water)

He is also the most narcissistic person I have ever met which makes him even more insufferable, he thinks he is the greatest gift to the world and that he looks like Hercules or some shit. (He doesn't naturally )

Oh then there is those assholes who post stuff on Facebook like my life sucks now without explaining anything, I assume they want people to ask what is wrong. Nu huh not happening. My cousin is one of the worst offenders)

Elitists, (PC elitists looking at you) As in the people who are not content to enjoy what they have (like say a good PC) without waving it around in peoples faces and metaphorically slapping their tally wackers around about it at every opportunity.

You love your PC/elitist thing? Great that's nice for you, I like my PC to and built it myself and all that jazz but I don't feel the need to act like a dick about it. Usually I go out of my way to try to help people with PC stuff.

Come to think of it, quite a lot of people annoy me.

hoboman29

Jul 5, 2011
One kind of person that annoys me is the one who never stops wallowing in self pity. I know a person who never shuts up about how terrible their life is and it takes monumental patience to not scream "GET OVER YOURSELF".

Extremists are another kind of people I hate. This is usually because they believe the stupidest things but will still argue for hours about why they're right or justified.