What are questions you are sick of people asking?

vingtcinq

Sep 7, 2010
"Did you dye your hair?"
NO. I am a natural blonde, thank you very much. Now go away before you start telling me your favourite blonde jokes!

"How are you?"
"Good. How are you?"
Honestly, this greeting ritual is meaningless and highly annoying.

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
"What's it about?" Referring to a book I'm reading. Why do you care? You're never gonna read it. Even if you are, you want me to spoil? You're just gonna say "Oh," anyway. I'm not fucking done with it, so I don't know what it's fully about, myself. Your attempt at small talk is dumb.
Nowadays, I just hand them the book and tell them to read the back cover. Works wonders.

"Who are you texting? What friend?" YOU WOULDN'T KNOW THEM, PARENT. Stop asking. Who are YOUR friends?!

Logan55689

Jan 7, 2011
The one that really annoys me, "What are you?"
What am I? The person who's about to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.

OneNooneKnows

Jul 2, 2011
I tend to be a silent person puplically, and on occasions when visitting family. Mostly because I'm just not much of a talker, and when I talk, I talk too much, and I often only do that if I'm with family/close friends. Ether way...

"Are you mad/upset/ill?"

No, I am not, I'm just not that talkative all the time, or I may be tired (refer to the bags under my eyes...) or I just don't have anything I want to say.

"Why are you mad/upset/ill?"

A continuation of above, and it ticks me right the hell off... Why would I tell either of these things just to lie to the person who asked... And at this point, I will most likely be mad because they even dared to ask in the first place. And even if I'm not talkative or inquisitive at all, I'm always polite within reason.

"Why don't you go out and meet more people?"

I get this often enough... I get that the standard human being is wired to be social, and I am too, to a degree, but I have enough, and I'm just not interested in expanding my base of friends. I just am not. This applies to the physical part. I get a sort of klaustrophobia, but with people...

"Isn't it boring to play games all the time?"

Of course it is, it is so dreadfully boring when I talk gleefully about new games that I've played, or critique them with anyone who wants to listen! No, I hate games, I hate games with the firy, burning passion rivaling the sun! /sarcasm off

I'll stop now, sorry for the lengthy post. QQ

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
"Medieval Re-enactment, isn't that the thing they do in rolemodels?"

how I want to answer: takes poll axe and crushes their head while repeated screaming random welsh words.

how I normally answer: no, that is larping, where people pretend to fight with pretend weapons in pretend battles. medieval Re-enactment is the practise of western martial arts on a large scale using authentic weapons and armour.

HiC

Mar 31, 2011
Logan55689 said:
The one that really annoys me, "What are you?"
What am I? The person who's about to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.
I don't mean to offend, but can you use that in context?

also, capatcha: apple pie

ImSkeletor

Feb 6, 2010
J03bot said:
"So, how's your penis"

Yes, that is an actual question I get asked by my housemates. Yes, there is a reason, and no, I'm not going to explain it. Suffice to say it gets annoying
Im pretty sure Todd says that to people in [SCRUBS].

OT: How do you pronounce your name?
I don't know why people have to ask this or how EVERYONE miss pronounces it. It is pretty FREAKING simple.

Sep 14, 2009
Am I the only one?

i didn't look at every post but didn't quite see it...

that is getting quite old!

oh and IRL "why don't you go to parties?"

uh...i don't care to hook up with complete sluts and drink my way to death while breathing in entire clouds of second hand smoke?

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
"When are you guys going to have babies together?!"

Me: "I'd rather just get another dog". That's pretty much all I say and they usually leave it at that. They either laugh or get annoyed/offended by my answer.

Sep 14, 2009
Danik93 said:
How tall are you?

I mean I'm only 1.93 (6.3) that's not even that tall!
meh i would say thats above average where i am from, most sport athletes that is average/short, but on the average person that is decently tall.

just my input, i do have plenty of friends that height, and i do make fun of their height at times for lulz, but it's not that bad...recently went to church one time and saw this guy, had to at least be 6'10", fucker was a whole foot above about 95% of the people there

converts to around 2.1 or something, i am rusty on that conversion.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Can I take this ______ ?
I always reply 'no'.
And they always take it.

Seriously, why the fuck are you even asking then?

SimGrave

Jan 7, 2010
Grabbin Keelz said:
Wow, your tall! (6'4") Do you play basketball!!?!?!?!

My response: Wow, your short. Do you play minigolf?
I don't have much to say to this, other than HAHAHAHA! Nice anwser!

Here, I don't like when people talk to me about weather.
It's not always in question form... but, I'm often tempted to say...
"if it's the first and only thing that comes to your mind when you see me, then you shouldn't bother talking to me."
Not that I'm offended or anything, I know it's not coming from a bad intention.
I just think that talking with other is not an obligation...
So why insisting on doing it on meaningless matters.
Plus, what are you suppose to answer? "Yup, it's been raining three days straight, alright!"
What can we do about it anyway!?

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
When I just started a movie/game and someone asks what is going on. I mean within the first 2-3 minutes of starting before anything has happened.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
CM156 said:
"Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the communist party?"

It really gets on my nerves
Don't lie to HUAC so much and they wont ask you so many times. We all know your a dirty commie.

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
vingtcinq said:
"How are you?"
"Good. How are you?"
Honestly, this greeting ritual is meaningless and highly annoying.
Agreed, it's stupid when you think about it, and particularly aggrivating when things aren't fine, but you're forced to say they are anyways because you know they won't be able to help you with your problems.

OT: Here's one I get a lot, being the black sheep of the group "Why do you act so white?" What kinda question is that?! What, does everyone of a certain colour have to act according to their stereotypes, just cuz you do? Why would I WANT to act "black" when that consists of intimidating others to get your way, being uneducated, meatheaded, materialistic, and listening to music that reflects these values.

Then there are those douchebags who think it's funny to say "even I'M blacker than you are!" No. No you're not. There's more to being black than just being shallow and ignorant (and apparently colourblind)

dudeman0001

Jul 8, 2008
Brutal Peanut said:
"When are you guys going to have babies together?!"

Me: "I'd rather just get another dog". That's pretty much all I say and they usually leave it at that. They either laugh or get annoyed/offended by my answer.
I laughed.

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
"Are you gay?" is one I get asked sometimes.

It really gets on my nerves. I kinda what to just say "and what if I was?" Why would I tell you anyway?

EDIT: Even after I say no they still think I am.. why did you ask then?!

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
"What did you do to my family?" and "Oh god, why are you doing this?"

And there are probably a few more that follow, but at that point most of their speech is unintelligible and I am laughing too much to pay attention.