What are you currently playing?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen, I got a new Lenovo laptop earlier this week, and it has an AMD Ryzen 7000 series graphics card. Looks I can finally play more detailed graphics games on Steam. I still prefer smaller games, but it looks like I can finally play Assault Spy, since they're never gonna port it to consoles.
Nice. Plenty of great stuff awaits you.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen, I got a new Lenovo laptop earlier this week, and it has an AMD Ryzen 7000 series graphics card. Looks like I can finally play more detailed graphics games on Steam. I still prefer smaller games, but I can finally play Assault Spy, since they're never gonna port it to consoles.
I'm really surprised that Assault Spy wasn't on consoles. Seems like it would be and its being published by NIS who at least used to publish exclusively on console.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm really surprised that Assault Spy wasn't on consoles. Seems like it would be and its being published by NIS who at least used to publish exclusively on console.
Yeah, you would think they would have Uploaded it at the PS4 at least 6 months later or a year later. Nope, the game is still only on Steam since 2018.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, you would think they would have Uploaded it at the PS4 at least 6 months later or a year later. Nope, the game is still only on Steam since 2018.
Or been at least on psp or vita or something.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Or been at least on psp or vita or something.
That actually understandable why the game is on neither. PSP support died pretty much by 2016ish, and Sony was so fare-weathered withe Vita that I doubt NIS wouldn't have bothered, even for a Japanese only release. Compared to all that, Steam was the right call, but it makes no sense why the game isn't on PS4, PS5, or Switch. The game doesn't take much to run on either three consoles.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I finally got a chance to play Assault Spy. Good game and is basically NIS's version of DmC (2013) in the gameplay department, but better. I did have to the graphical setting to low, so I wouldn't get any slowdown, but the game still looks good. I've beaten the prologue stage and the first stage. I did change the default controls because I like having light attack and heavy attack/dedicated launcher on X and Y respectively. Dash should always be on a shoulder/trigger or the B button. I chose the B button in this case. A much better flow.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
@Worgen I finally tried Supplice. The
Demo version. I haven't completed the demo yet, but I know there's a lot of long stages in this game. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for the recommendation last year. I never thought i'd be playing a Doom style game, where a black woman is the lead. Unexpected, but I'm more than happy.

Jun 11, 2023
Country
United States
Finished Death Stranding: The Game That Refused To End.

Oh, and it sucks that you can't use the music player while you are delivering packages, instead most of the game is silent. Like every other game that has ever included a music player, no I'm not just going to sit on the menu and listen to your songs.

…MGSV had a mobile music player. Certain tracks also affected gameplay elements. Hell, even MGS4 had this. WTF Kojima‽

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
@Worgen I finally tried Supplice. The
Demo version. I haven't completed the demo yet, but I know there's a lot of long stages in this game. I'm loving it so far. Thanks for the recommendation last year. I never thought i'd be playing a Doom style game, where a black woman is the lead. Unexpected, but I'm more than happy.
Awesome, yeah, I love Supplice. Really the only disappointing thing about it is that its not updating as much as expected, like if they had been going by what they said we should have been at episode 4 by now, but we are still stuck at 2. I mean they are both great and its worth it, but still.

There are so many other wonderful fps games on steam, you also have Hedon Bloodrite, Herold of Havok, Cultic, Severed Steel, and many more. Selaco also comes out at the end of the moth.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Awesome, yeah, I love Supplice. Really the only disappointing thing about it is that its not updating as much as expected, like if they had been going by what they said we should have been at episode 4 by now, but we are still stuck at 2. I mean they are both great and its worth it, but still.
Yeah, i'm just gonna wait until the actual full game comes out. It's why i'm glad I got the demo. Hopefully it won't take them too much longer.

There are so many other wonderful fps games on steam, you also have Hedon Bloodrite, Herold of Havok, Cultic, Severed Steel, and many more. Selaco also comes out at the end of the moth.
Next on my list is Amid Evil. I've been wanting to check that one out for a long time. BTW, Final Vendetta Is all sale right now on steam for $6 bucks. That's a steal i'm getting later. You until the 26th of this month.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah, i'm just gonna wait until the actual full game comes out. It's why i'm glad I got the demo. Hopefully it won't take them too much longer.
Heres hoping, at least that episode 3 comes out soon.

Next on my list is Amid Evil. I've been wanting to check that one out for a long time. BTW, Final Vendetta Is all sale right now on steam for $6 bucks. That's a steal i'm getting later. You until the 26th of this month.
Amid Evil... its one of those that I enjoyed but didn't grab me as much as other games. It does have some really cool levels. Hmm, Final Vendetta... thats tempting. I just don't know when I would get to it, I'm still working on Eiuroden Chronicals, I got all these metroidvanias from humblebundle, and there are some shootemups I've got my eye on. Not to mention the aforementioned Selaco.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Final Vendetta is on a huge sale on Steam and decided to pick that up and do Hard Arcade Run. I now have this game on 3 consoles and a PC. Great for a 25-30 minute run and palette cleanser.

I tried the demo of Missile Dancer 2. An After Burner style rail shooter. I love it. I might pick this up later. $15 for 16 stages is not a bad price.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worgen

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I tried a demo of Missile Dancer 2. An After Burner style rail shooter. It's the demo and I love it. I might pick this up later. $15 for 16 stages is not a bad price.
If you want something else that feels a lot like those old arcade super scalers then check out Slipstream.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If you want something else that feels a lot like those old arcade super scalers then check out Slipstream.

I've heard this game. I've been meaning to get it a long while back, but Horizon Chase Turbo and Cruisn' kept me busy. I'll put it on the Wishlist. These games are both available on eShop too.

Missile Dancer 2 is 20% off on eShop right now. I'll probably buy that version of the game.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I've heard this game. I've been meaning to get it a long while back, but Horizon Chase Turbo and Cruisn' kept me busy. I'll put it on the Wishlist. These games are both available on eShop too.

Missile Dancer 2 is 20% off on eShop right now. I'll probably buy that version of the game.

I went ahead and added Missile dancer 2 to my wish list for when it goes on sale. But right now I have my eye on a few other games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I went ahead and added Missile dancer 2 to my wish list for when it goes on sale. But right now I have my eye on a few other games.

The final one is the other one that is like FEAR, but without the slow mo. It's going to be a tough call between that and Trepang 2.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
The final one is the other one that is like FEAR, but without the slow mo. It's going to be a tough call between that and Trepang 2.
Its got a demo, give it a shot. I would say that while Trepang 2 is cool, it pales in comparison to Selaco.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009