What are your 10/10 games

CheesyGrin1992

Mar 14, 2011
Okay, for me there's only a couple. The games I consider to be the best I've played.

Final Fantasy IX. In my opinion, the best FF game I've ever played. It's difficult to fault it.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. There seems to be a lot of love on this thread for KH1 and 2, but for me BBS is a better game, which receives more of my love towards the series. It fixed a lot of the niggles from 1 and 2. In my opinion, only 3 things could have improved it: the omission of DisneyTown, giving Terra a more useful dodge, and if they had released it on the 360/PS3.

Honourable mentions to ME1 and 2, however they both have important game mechanics that aren't very good and are really unavoidable. The damn Mako in ME1 which was so frustrating that I nearly gave up on the game after the first time I used it, and the mining/probing in ME2. Both of these stop me rating these games as highly as the others before it.

Kudos also to Okamiden. Such a wonderful game. I can't help but smile as I play it. The main probem with it is the inability to manipulate the camera. But it's still so charming that I can't help but rate it highly.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Perfect 10's for me, in a scale of 1 to 10 of course, would be:

Mass Effect 2
Half-Life (Both)
BioShock
Team Fortress 2
Company of Heroes

No games are ferpect or whatnot but these are those with the smallest flaws.

Folksoul

May 15, 2010
Banjo-Tooie, Majora's Mask, Eternal Darkness, Shadow of the Colossus, Persona 4, Ratchet and Clank:A Crack In Time, Portal, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Crash Bandicoot: Warped, Jak and Daxter.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
Super Meat Boy is a perfect game in the sense that it has flawless controls.

Seriously, think about it:

A perfect game takes a fun idea, incorporates perfect gameplay to support the fun idea, handles the scenario well...

See? A perfect game where most people would never think to look.

It was built entirely around one idea, and handles it flawlessly.

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
i don't think any games will ever be perfect but my game that i believe is almost perfect is lost kingdoms 1/2 but number one had battles only in enclosed areas and didn't let you capture bosses, number 2 fixed these but made capture cards really expensive and made it much too easy and short
but lost kingdoms one is my favourite game of all time

(on the gamecube btw)

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Ultima III: Exodus
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Dragon Warrior
Super Mario Bros. 3
Sid Meier's Pirates!
SimCity
Tetris
King's Bounty
The Secret of Monkey Island
Street Fighter II
Ultima Underworld
Dune II
DOOM
Super Metroid
Civilization II
Super Mario 64
Worms 2
GoldenEye 007
Final Fantasy VII
Soulcalibur
Pokémon Red/Blue
Pokémon Gold/Silver
Wario Land 3
Shenmue
Deus Ex
Advance Wars
Shenmue II
TESIII: Morrowind
Half-Life 2
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Super Mario Galaxy

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
IamSofaKingRaw said:
GTA IV is definitely not a 10 for me in case you want my input, its great, but I'd give it a 9 for not delivering on the fun factor thats there in the other GTAs (coughsanandreascough)
You only took it down one point? that's generous. I wouldn't rate it anything over 6.

For me a perfect 10 is awarded to a game based on it succeeding in every aspect it tries. Some areas can be a bit lacking but often my 10 games ended up being more than the sum of their parts. My 10/10 games are Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Driver: You are the Wheelman, and Crimson Skies (PC).

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
I'll have to mimic the crowd here and say no games are perfect so in my eyes don't deserve 10/10.

Although to add to the discussion I picked up Metro 2033 recently on the sole basis that it was cheap and loved it. 10/10? Certainly not, but one of the best shooters out there. In my opinion at least.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Games that are 10/10 or come exceedingly close are:

Metroid Prime, Portal, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 (they are essentially one game anyway), Prince of Persia Sands of Time, and Arkham Asylum. I imagine I'll be adding Pokemon White to this here within the next week or so once I get it for my B-day.

Trotgar

Sep 13, 2009
Mass Effect - yeah, I liked it more than the second one. At least it left a better impression. I did love the second one, too, but it's more like a 9 to me.

The other one is Planescape: Torment. The story, the characters and the dialogue were fantastic. I also think it looks beautiful and I don't understand why some people found the gameplay not so good.

I did play the first third of the game with the game running about 70 % the normal speed, the spell animations slowing the game almost to a stop and messing up the screen, so when I finally found a fix and the game ran normally, the gameplay was just joyful.

BigD00dManGuy

Apr 27, 2010
Eternal Darkness, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy VI are as close as any game that I have played can get to a 10/10 rating. Close runners up are Red Dead Redemption and Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

VanillaBean

Feb 3, 2010
While no game is neccisarily perfect the closest ones would have to be

Kingdom Hearts
Bioshock
Link to the Past
Portal
and of course the closest a games ever gotten to perfection...
Tetris

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
Devil may cry 1 & 3 both fantastic games IMO
other 10/10 games for me would be:
Fallout 3
Morrowind
Kingdom hearts 1&2
Star wars KOTOR
Sonic 2
Super Mario sunshine
Metroid Prime
Paper Mario the thousand year door
Pikmin 1&2
Professor Layton 1&2
Shadow of the colossus
Baten Kaitos
Zelda a link to the past
and Minecraft.

Please don't start replying to this post with "That game sucked" or "that game had so many faults" to me there perfect and I don't give a flying fuck what you say.

CharlesBronson

Jun 12, 2010
I have many favorite games, but I can only really think of one truly 10/10 game. Nfl 2k5. It was the best american football game ever made. Gameplay was perfect, I actually played with three other roommates on the same team... and we would argue over who got to play the lineman who pulled on a runplay! It was as casual or as in depth as you wanted it to be, drop into a game or start a dynasty with complex training regiments for each player (including ballet for receivers!). All that and it is nice and polished with a great espn sportscenter overlay featuring booomer himself.

Top it off with the fact that it launched for 20 bucks (us$) and was so good that EA bought exclusive rights to the nfl right after that year and yeah, I think it earned a 10.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
The original 3 spyro games on the ps1, words cannot describe how much I loved these games but considering I still play them to this date, that should show you.

Final Fantasy IX is one of the finest JRPGs I have ever played and should be every final fantasy's favourite. It had; a beautiful story, wonderful locations, secrets galore, a fast but micromanageable combat system, fantastic graphics (for the time) and some of my favourite mini games in the entire series.

I know rts players will hate me for this but Age of the Empires 3. Simple but deep mechanics all around, with my favourite logistics kind of gameplay. The home boosts make matches have greater variations, the multiplayer is smooth and varied enough to always be fun and the campaign is always a good fun experience.

thatman

Feb 16, 2011
I personally don't consider 10/10 to mean a 'perfect' game, to me it just means a game i can obsess over (often despite any flaws) and play over and over again for the rest of eternity. Anyway, taking that into consideration, i would put choose these for my 10/10 list: Persona 3 & 4; shadow of the colossus; FF7; The Legend of Zelda: The ocarina of Time and Pokemon Soulsilver.

Nazz3

Sep 11, 2009
Battlefield 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Age of Empires II, Portal.

IamSofaKingRaw said:
We've seen many games awarded this GTAIV, Mass Effect 2 etc. but honestly, the only games I've ever played that had NO faults, were Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Both had [/i]unbelievable[/i] stories, great graphics and gameplay.

Yeah MGS4 has longass cutscenes, but for people like me who hadn't played any MGS game (heck I didn't even know who the hell Solid Snake was o_O) they explain everything well enough for me to understand enough to finish the game feeling satisfied.
You cant be serious about Uncharted 2 having a great story. As much as I liked the game it had a really average story. Everything else was near perfect though, incredibly polished game. And as much as I liked MGS4 as well its FAR from having no faults at all. First theres the incredibly cheesy dialogue at certain parts, gameplay felt really stiff and really needs some bigger updating on the animations, not nearly enough stealth gameplay, buying weapons off from Drebin was far too easy (In previous installments you had to find the weapons from the game levels), cutscenes were way too long even though I enjoyed them, etc.