What conspiracy theories do YOU believe?

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
None for me really, There are some that are completly ridiculous like the US govournment setting up 9/11 which quite alot of people do believe but I just think theres no way they'd do it because if it was uncovered EVERYONE worldwide would be pissed, People in charge would be executed or inprisoned and the UN would take charge, It just wouldnt be worth doing that just to increse favour on the war, But if someone disagrees - tell me why

Theres a theory ive read up on about elvis being alive..maybe..but probably not

The stupidest one I can think of is the 'Paul is dead' one about the beatles covering up pauls death to save the public grief

What conspiracy theories do you believe - if any? and why?

EDIT: The one theory I do 100% agree with is the theory..no.. the fact that the big industries in the US (logging/paper/clothing/tabbaco/alcohol/ect) were behind making cannabis and hemp illegal.

Now that I think of it, The theory that the monarchy was responsible for dianas death springs to mind but thats also a 'ehm possibly'

And Ive changed my mind, The dumbest one I can think of is that some people believe that the holocaust never existed..I mean..come on..

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
Well its certainly starting to look like certain members of the Met took backhanders from members of certain tabloid newspapers. Not sure that counts a conspiracy theory though.

I think there are cover-ups etc, but for small selfish things, like a councillor doing dodgy deals to get planning permission for an old friend, or if someone massively screwed up but doesn't want to take responsibility. that sort of thing. These are born out by the use of gagging clauses and injunctions etc.

But large scale conspiracies about really important things, no. The logistics alone make it unlikely.

Although, I heard an interesting one recently, from an acountant, that the Tories 'let slip' about the petrol thing because if the economy shrinks for 2 quarters in a row, you are officially in recession, which would affect our credit rating. The last quarter ended in March, and the panic buying of petrol at the end of March pushed our stats for that quarter into growth.

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
overpuce said:
Mark David Chapman, John Lennon's killer, was a Manchurian Candidate. That is a person who has been brainwashed to be an unwitting assassin.
I can kinda get behind this one aswell, Im dont know about the brainwashing thing but I do know that the people in charge -NIXON!!- Hated that man with every bone in his miserable-fun hating-prowar-powerhungry-body..god rest his soul.. I think its more likley though that he was paid off and is in witness protection or something rather than in prison mostly because I dont think actual brainwashing is a real thing, Its said that the prison inmates never ever see him, apparantly for his own protection

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Why the Inebriati of course!

The universe makes so much sense now!

On a serious note, I don't believe any big conspiricies like 9/11, Bigfoot, Reptile people, etc. But I am a creationist, so there's that. (The universe was created 6-10,000 years ago, but created as an old universe with billions of years of development already written into it.)

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
There is a conspiracy at the top levels of national governments and international politics, to bring about a new world order. A one world government. The European Union is a big part of that. The whole European debt crisis was engineered to weaken the sovereignty of nations and give Brussels a mandate for a power grab. Look at Italy. Puppet government of EU technocrats. Greece... its elected government toppled by pressure from Brussels. A lot of European democracies, undermined by the powers of the Lisbon treaty.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
MammothBlade said:
There is a conspiracy at the top levels of national governments and international politics, to bring about a new world order. A one world government. The European Union is a big part of that. The whole European debt crisis was engineered to weaken the sovereignty of nations and give Brussels a mandate for a power grab. Look at Italy. Puppet government of EU technocrats. Greece... its elected government toppled by pressure from Brussels. A lot of European democracies, undermined by the powers of the Lisbon treaty.
That's the sort of thing i can't buy into. The people in power have no motive for a new world order, since they're doing very well out of the old one. If anything, the powerful are motivated to entrench the status quo.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
Jurassic Park is real and all the world leaders are hiding it from us so they can spend all their weekends there!

More seriously, I believe that we're probably already providing special forces training to the Free Syrian Army. Didn't take us long to do that in Libya.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
I am perfectly willing to accept that North Korea would blow up something just for the hell of it. However, I'm not sure if that really counts as a conspiracy theory per se...

Mayhaps

Mar 8, 2012
The light-bulb conspiracy.
I should probably look into it to find out if it's actually true some day.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
Not sure if it counts as a conspiracy theory but...

I think SOPA and PIPA were not truly intended to address piracy at all, but really were engineered to cripple the Internet, or at least the parts where users can post their own content. I think the movie and music industry did this because they know that the Internet makes publishers obsolete, and they're trying to suppress it in the same way that they tried with the VCR.

It's pretty clear by now that SOPA and PIPA would not actually have done anything to stop piracy; it simply would have required people to use numerical addresses instead of human-readable ones to get to the site they wanted, and it was vague enough and written in such a way that it seemed to be directly targeting sites like YouTube. The fact that opposing viewpoints were not allowed in some of the initial hearings on the laws doesn't help.

I think that proposing laws like this for a purpose other than the stated one because the real purpose wouldn't pass should be a crime. It's fraud, and also they effectively lied to Congress, so although I doubt anyone was under oath, it would be nice if the penalties for perjury were part of it too. People who propose these laws should go to jail.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I don't believe in any conspiracy theories because all the theories I've heard are either incredibly short-sighted or just outright stupid.