What did you waste your Masterball on?

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
I'm not sure, but it may have been Articuno. After that, I had figured out that in Red and Blue, that if you pressed Down+B at the right time, anything was a masterball.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
I believe it was Snorlax. I tried maybe two ultra balls and my ten year old mind said "fuck it."

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I didn't want to use it on anything. Not Zapdos, not Moltres, not Arti-fucking-cuno and not that bastard of a Mewtwo that broke around 60 Ultraballs before finally lying down and taking it like a *****.

I then remembered I had this never-fail Masterball. So I used it on a Bellsprout.

Of course on all future playthroughs I just used the Missingno glitch.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Waste? Pft. After using the exploit to get hundreds, I threw 'em at whatever I liked. Made catching the birds and Mewtwo a laughable breeze.

Risingblade said:
Articuno he helped me beat Lance so It was worth it
Oh yeah. Articuno's ice beam makes very short work of any dragon.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
In Leaf Green, I caught a Shiny Suicune. Then I saw it had a Lonely Nature (which is by far THE worst nature you can get). BAH.

And 2 years ago or something some stores have been handing out Shiny Suicunes for some promo, so it's not all that unique. Well, at least it was legit... yay?

LiraelG

Jun 22, 2011
I think I used mine on the roaming Entei in Crystal. :)

scrambledeggs said:
I read the description of the masterball.. it said catch any pokemon without fail... I used it on my Rivals starter and it bounced off... apparently any pokemon without fail doesn't mean what I thought it did.. I kept playing for funzies never meaning to save, but accidentally did. I think I win biggest d'oh.
Agreed! =]

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Only ever played two pokemon games, and I wouldn't say that I wasted the masterball in either one.

In pokemon yellow I used it on Mewtwo, so all's well there.

In Pokemon White I used it on Thundurus, because the bastard runs off halfway through the first round of every battle. It was worth it.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
My first use? It was on a Drowzee. Haha, a level 14 Drowzee on route 11 was worth all the glory of a perfect catch-rate back when I was 9. I still remember it quite well.

Nowadays? I don't use them. Yep. It gives a bad rep to us RNGers to use Masterballs, because it looks a little like cheating to the random spectator to use a perfect catch ball to acquire a 'perfect' Pokemon. So on each of my save files there still is and always will be one un-used Masterball.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
I once wasted a Masterball on an Absol in Emerald, simply because i wanted one and had no other balls left.

Bought 7xx Poke Balls and trolled the **** out of Rayquaza until i finally caught it with only 200ish balls left, simply because i could.
I think by the end there i only caught it because it was so covered in pokeballs it couldn't move, like a kid that falls to the bottom of a ball pit.

RichardThompson

Aug 25, 2010
I'm the kind of idiot that goes for the mentality "it may be useful in the future," and inevitably never use it.