What do guys get nervous about?

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I'll be honest, nothing really. I'm not as physically fit as I was, but if anything, that's only improved my luck with the ladies. I'm pretty good in bed, and so once we're at that stage, I'm on the final lap. Asking women out on more serious things, like dates and suchlike is a bit harder, as I don't think I'm particularly good looking, but it's never harmed me, so that insecurity goes. Sorry my answer isn't more sympathetic to the needs of the OP

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
I think most guys, including myself get paranoid on occasion that whatever we just did wasn't quite good enough.
Then again maybe that IS just me even if I'd had no complaints so far.
But I think something most guys have in common when it comes to the bedroom, actually men and women BOTH, is the insecurity of one aspect or another simply not being good enough. Be it physical appearence or something else.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Ironrose said:
I have a rather irrational insecurity about being on top, I just don't feel like I knkow what I'm doing in that position.
Act like Tigger from Winnie the pooh ... You can even sing the song.

Ironrose said:
Hmm, maybe my cave's a better movie place. there's a quilt topped queen size bed, a bar fridge, tv, consoles and a large selection of games/dvds.
Can I come to yours? I don't like Austin powers but LOOOVE Aus (well Tasmania is close to Aus).

On topic. The list is almost endless, in general ... I am nervous around large groups of people, drunk people, walking down the street I start thinking like who is behind me and who is around and just stuff like that. There is also planes, buses and trains, snow and ice just alot of stuff makes me nervous. I am paranoid, I guess.

Sexually ... I am 21 and the closest I have got to any kind of action is, on the odd occasion a female friend hugs me, I can feel her boobs pushed against me. I haven't even give a girl a peck on the cheek (although a friend said if she ever vists from Canada she will give me a sympathy kiss haha), so pretty much everything sexually makes me nervous at the moment.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
My hair- OH wait in the bedroom.... Yeah still my hair, its hard to know if it still looks good when looping in and out of positions...

If it's just sex I really don't got any expectations to live up to, its just sex and I won't see this person again.

If it were with someone I love, I already know that love (if all true and magical) trumps any and all insecurities, there is no need to worry about performance when it's a labour of love!

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I worry about the influence of money on politics, and the systematic underfunding, 'starve the beast', of our regulatory agencies...and about how 50% of our nation seems to be totally O.K. with it.

*sigh*

I need to go bite my nails some.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
[sub]Thank Chuck for the anonymity of the internet...[/sub]

Im a fairly neurotic person, which has been tempered a little by age, and tend to worry about lots of things, posting them all would be both a waste of my and your times.

But in relation to your more specific question- For a long, long time I worried about how I seemed to have no luck with women, but what worried me more was how this didnt bother me nearly as much as it seemed to bother other people- all the worries you can think of came tumbling out of this, but recently I realised that its because I just dont have that high of a libido.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
Hmm, maybe my cave's a better movie place. there's a quilt topped queen size bed, a bar fridge, tv, consoles and a large selection of games/dvds.
Can I come to yours? I don't like Austin powers but LOOOVE Aus (well Tasmania is close to Aus).
Close but no cigar. Tasmania is PART of Aus sweetie.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
I'm in that exact spot of just overweight where clothes entirely conceal it, but it's very obvious if I take them off. It hasn't bothered me enough to do some exersise and get rid of the excess, but it's always there in the back of my mind. Very annoying.

Not lasting long enough is a pretty common concern, to the point where a lot of guys I know try to carry on after they've.. finished.. and it just makes the girl they're with feel awkward. Peronally, I learnt a few tricks that let the guy last longer (no I'm not going to go into that here, go talk to Google) so I don't get nervous about it per sec... only embarased when the tricks don't work.

By the way, some advice with the scars; there are some people who value them as an attractive feature instead of just not being bothered about them (some people like me, for instance). Be careful with these people, I've heard stories go both ways where one partner has a fetish for the other's insecurity: sometimes the insecure partner feels fantastic that the thing they're nervous about is actually liked, sometimes it gets worse because it's always brought out. Like me with scars, I'd always find myself tracing them, which could make the problem worse.

tehfeen83

Oct 17, 2010
If I'm in a bar and a woman flirts with me (which isn't that often) a little part of me always wonders if I'm going to get lucky, or wake up in a hotel shower missing my kidneys.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Ironrose said:
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
I know, I meant in terms of landmass, theres a little stream between you and Aus.

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
tehfeen said:
If I'm in a bar and a woman flirts with me (which isn't that often) a little part of me always wonders if I'm going to get lucky, or wake up in a hotel shower missing my kidneys.
Pff, maybe if you are lucky, you'll get both in one night!

the rye

Jun 26, 2010
I get anxiety attacks pretty much from someone just touching me affectionately although i've never actually been in an intermate situation.
(i'm way too submissive to ever want to sleep with a girl anyway)
oh and strange noises also make me nervous

Jack Brincat

Feb 6, 2011
Bit of a mix of what most people have already said.

Except I'm gonna go ahead and add hugs... I don't like hugs, i don't like hugging people, i don't like BEING hugged by people.
If someone DOES hug me, i just stand there feeling all awkward.

In fact...touching in general, if you're touching me it better be for a damn good reason...

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
I know, I meant in terms of landmass, theres a little stream between you and Aus.
Close enough, I'll give you that one. What is it you love so much about my wonderful country?

Pimwing

Oct 9, 2010
Ironrose said:
Part of me does understand that but I am just self conscious, on the bright side though, my skin is only scarred because it is really delicate and soft so i guess its a sacrifice.
Scarring my skin is something i stopped caring about years ago. It's not that i like them i just live with them. I play a lot of sports and falling is just a part of it. There's a really nasty one on my back but I've never had any remarks on them. I dont think girls really care as long as they are horny enough.

And as mentioned several time's, the size of my penis is something that get's me nervous every single time. but from what i'm reading here its a pretty normal complaint.

kingdelete

Mar 17, 2009
I find it hard to talk to people i dont know that well some times (even harder to talk to women) mabye cause i dont feel cmfortable talking to people i dont know :/ my boss does say i have poor people skills.

as for sex, yea nervous when starting out, like all the others (am i any good ect ect) more for the first few time or with someone new.
But i am scared? to make a move if you get what i mean, dont know how they will take it (the age old rejection thing

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Ironrose said:
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
omega 616 said:
Ironrose said:
Close enough, I'll give you that one. What is it you love so much about my wonderful country?
Whats not to love, besides the bugs and sharks? I live in the UK and your houses are cheaper than ours and bigger with more stuff, your food is cheaper, people seem more laid back, it's hotter/nicer weather. I watched a programme a few years ago and there were jobs galore, the guy in the show was a brick layer and he looked through the paper and there were 6 pages (front and back) of brick laying jobs ...

The only thing I don't like is your net seems to go out at random and your government loathes games. Oh, and there greedy buggers, 10k for a visa! Then I need to buy a house, get over there, move my stuff over there ... not good. Need to get me one of them green card marriges.

I want to moce to Perth though 'cos I know people there and it looks amazing! I used to know somebody who lived in Hobart though.

Anyway, I am miles off topic.

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Pimwing said:
Ironrose said:
Part of me does understand that but I am just self conscious, on the bright side though, my skin is only scarred because it is really delicate and soft so i guess its a sacrifice.
Scarring my skin is something i stopped caring about years ago. It's not that i like them i just live with them. I play a lot of sports and falling is just a part of it. There's a really nasty one on my back but I've never had any remarks on them. I dont think girls really care as long as they are horny enough.

And as mentioned several time's, the size of my penis is something that get's me nervous every single time. but from what i'm reading here its a pretty normal complaint.
I think it's strange that guys simply wont accept that size is far far from being a deal breaker. I've had a fair few small guys but it has never been a problem whatsoever, however the one or two larger guy's I've had have caused a lot more problems. You do NOT want to be huge because girls find it intimidating, too unwieldy for bj's and too painful.

Ohhi

Nov 13, 2009
I don't really have any insecurities in the bedroom at least with the feedback I've gotten from the women I've been with but I don't like to take my shirt off during sex because of the long foot long scar I got in a car wreck when I was fourteen but thats about it.

Pimwing

Oct 9, 2010
Ironrose said:
I think it's strange that guys simply wont accept that size is far far from being a deal breaker. I've had a fair few small guys but it has never been a problem whatsoever, however the one or two larger guy's I've had have caused a lot more problems. You do NOT want to be huge because girls find it intimidating, too unwieldy for bj's and too painful.
I think that in a way, guy's think about their penis size the same way girls think about their breasts. (well most of them do) big isn't useful or convenient or even beautiful but for some reason they all think they are to small.