What do you miss from your childhood?

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
nin_ninja said:
Trololo Punk said:
Remember watching the same videos over and over again, for days in a row and never getting tired/bored of them. Few I can remember Digimon The movie was one
Can't....stop....watching....movie...

O, good, now im gonna have this song stuck in my head again.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Innocence, not knowing the truth of everything.
Yeah, innocence was pretty good.

I'll add to that, and say that I miss pre-adolescence. All this drinking, smoking, driving, sex-ing crap that people are apparently really into just seems so ... sad. You know? I mean, time was that all you needed to be happy was a glass of chocolate milk and some toys, now apparently you need to be surrounded by a billion smelly strangers, consuming various forms of legal drugs, voluntarily destroying your lungs and constantly thinking about who you would and would not stick your willy into.

Then again, maybe I'm a little biased, seeing as I do none of those things.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Easily the pumpkin patch/fall field trips for school. I fucking love those things, also hanging out with 6 of my closest childhood friends after school at our baby sitters house. Played out side/the snes and N64. Thats what I grew up on, and this was during the xbox/ps2/gamecube days.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
Princess Molestia said:
I lost it around the time I took your avatar's innocence.

Uh-huh...
I wonder how long it'll be before I loose my mind...

*checks skull*

Nope.

No mind left.

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
My Oma Betty (She was a German family friend that I loved dearly) because I miss curling up next to her and talking to her. I miss telling her about my day and what I learned and listening to her tell me stories of her early life. I miss her dearly.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
NotSoLoneWanderer said:
Innocence, not knowing the truth of everything.
^
This. As I have gotten older... things seem so wrong that I would rather just live when I was happy with purity of things. Guess that's what it means to grow up- accepting the flaws of this World. Yet, doesn't mean we can't change it for the better.
Or... doesn't mean we can't try to fix them.

Its a shame that so many people seem fixated on the environment rather than the social issues.
I think its more important to make the world worth saving than it is to simply save it.
Put another way... if the environmentalist movement does somehow succeed in averting whatever calamity they see coming on a permanent or near-permanent basis... what then? We'd still have to deal with all of the bigoted, war-mongering idiots in the world.

At any rate...
to answer the original question of this thread...
What do I miss about my childhood?
Absolutely bloody nothing.

macfluffers

Sep 30, 2010
YO-YOS!

That and Pokemon. Yeah, I know that the games and TV show are still around, but whenever I try to watch or play, I end up over-analyzing everything and nagging feeling that I should be too grown up to enjoy it (even though a dozen of my friends still play it :p).

Airsoftslayer93

Minecraft King
Mar 17, 2010
I miss being excited about the top deck of a bus, I realised i've only started going up there if there are no seats on the bottom, sad state of affairs. Why can't i find joy in the little insignificant things anymore.

Oct 10, 2011
having a life. not having to dedicate nearly every waking moment to doing work, having a family of more than 1 person, having any friends at all. i could go on and on but i dont want to get too depressed

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Lets see there is the tv shows, the junk food from then (string things and dunkaroos oh how i miss you), how the day seemed longer, enjoyment of everything, not having glasses, hanging out with my cousins in their basement playing video games all day, and more than a shit ton of friends i lost due to either moving or growing apart