What do you name your enchanted items?

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
My Bow is called 'Glare' which I thought sounded quite nice it does frost and fire damage. My dragonscale armour is named things like Dragons Heart, Dragon's Grip etc. I have 100 enchanting and blacksmithing now and the relevant perks so my gear is really nice. :3

My friend's got a great hammer called Face Smash and a soul trap greatsword called Soul Sucker which made me laugh.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
In Dwarf Fortress when artifact weapons or armor turn up with their random names its a sure fire sign that no matter what its called, as long as its made from metal it will oblierate/stop anything short of a dust bursting titan. And if there is a dust bursting titan, then its just more fun [http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fun].

2fish said:
I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.
I wasnt aware there was a mod out that allowed you to use magic to give yourself wings. And yes, i know the reference.

Thistlehart

Nov 10, 2010
I like to mix words for the damage type or function and then either a word for something massive, dangerous, or innocuous.

I named my fire damage bow Pyre Pin.
My shock damage bow was Skyhammer.
Most anything that does Soul Trap I call Gimme.

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
I have a nice (but very basic) enchanted greatsword called Lydia. I think you can guess which soul I used for it!

It stays on the wall at all times.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
I make them sound Skyrimish.

Like, my fire-resits boots are called Pyrewalker.

My daedric armor is named daedricka. My sword is called Vostelekhan. Etc.

Alphonse_Lamperouge

Oct 19, 2011
gigastar said:
In Dwarf Fortress when artifact weapons or armor turn up with their random names its a sure fire sign that no matter what its called, as long as its made from metal it will oblierate/stop anything short of a dust bursting titan. And if there is a dust bursting titan, then its just more fun [http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Fun].

2fish said:
I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.
I wasnt aware there was a mod out that allowed you to use magic to give yourself wings. And yes, i know the reference.
i completed the thieves guild line last night, and couldnt help but think that Bethesda stole the idea for the Nightingales from the Night Angel. they even sorta sound the same. Kage is da man btw :)

IzisviAziria

Nov 9, 2008
NickCaligo42 said:
..... You can name them? Since when?
When you enchant the item, you get the choice to rename it. Look for it next time you're in the menu for enchanting.

OT I typically name mine so that they sound like an artifact of some sort, but also attempt to indicate it's purpose/origin so that when I'm going through the 80 things in my inventory, I know what I'm looking for. I think my first enchanted bow I named Sylvan Storm, as it was an Elven bow that dealt Lightning damage. Sometimes I'll role-play characters after a DnD hero or something similar so I'll name my equipment after the equipment they carried.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
"Zenn's Fiery Band of Destruction" - That would be a Ring with Reduced Destruction Cost and Fire Resistance.

Stuff like that. I like to have a full set of "Zenn" gear when I go adventuring ;)

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Anything with the letter 'A' to start so it doesn't take forever to find in my inventory.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
2fish said:
Well I played Dark Brotherhood and got the
Blade of Woe
So I only thought it fitting to name my other dagger Blade of Shadow (soul trap).

I like running two daggers, I feel like a female dark elf version of Durzo Blint.

No other enchantments have been made as I don't really need them until I make my mage. The items I got from guild quests seem to be quite good this game. Some drain a little quick but there are a ton of soul gems out there.
I have an Ebony greatsword called 'Retribution'. It is the perfect visage of how I viewed the sword in my mind. Does Magicka damage and soul trap.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
metsplayer1 said:
What? You can name your weapons? I'm actually serious, I had no idea you could, holy crap. No I'm not trolling, can someone please tell me how to do that? I honestly had no idea you could do that!

When you enchant a weapon, the last step before you craft it is picking a new name for it. Honestly not sure how you are missing it.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
While I have yet to play Skyrim, I did enchant weapons while playing Oblivion and tried to give them names that fit with the damage that they did. I had a steel bow enchanted with shock damage that I named 'Thunder Bolt', a Blades katana enchanted to do frost damage that I named 'Cutting Frost' ( I would have gone with Killing Frost, but that's the name of a L.K. Hamilton character), and a Steel Axe enchanted to do health damage that I named 'Blood Drinker'.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I kill individual npc's with separate iron dagger that have been enchanted with soul trap. I then name that knife that killed the npc with their name. I then pick pocket into their relatives pocket, or into the leader of their group.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Well, I don't have Skyrim :(

But I can name my legendary stuff on LOTRO, so my Hunter has a xbow called Brain-piercer, and dagger called Rabbit Slayer. My captain has a greatsword called Carthaen's Revenge, and my emblem is Emblem of Valor. And for when I make junk I generally just put "Arveduin's Atrocities Inc."

List of all the names I've used to date that I can remember:
Hunter of the Rare Pink Wookie
Glory Reaper

and I've forgotten the rest, how annoying, may update when I remember.

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
Fiad said:
In Skyrim I am naming my enchanted items after my companions or other NPCs I like that have fallen next to me in battle. I honor their memory by doing this.
If only you could also make graves for them to.

I never tried to name my weapons but when I do I'll name them after people in my school. I'm not good with coming up with names.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
I'm currently wielding Razorflame, my Ebony Sword enchanted with fire damage, although I only bring it out when I'm out of Magicka.
Almost everything else I've enchanted was iron daggers or hide bracers, which make a surprising amount if enchanted with sneak....