What Do You Think Is The Saddest Moment In A Game?

Vrud

Mar 11, 2009
Playing Morrowind was overall a pretty sad experience. My best friends were my sword and a severed Argonian head I found in the back room of a bar. Yeah, I was pretty desensitized by the time Companion Cube came along.

hotacidbath

Mar 2, 2009
The Amazing Orgazmo said:
I also thought alot of the parts in pychonauts to be tear jerky to, like when you find out the control freak teacher's mother died when he was young.
Agreed about Psychonauts. The part that really got to me was with Gloria in the theater and when you find out about Milla's past in the nightmare room.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
Yeah Jenny getting executed was a I AM SO PISSED and NOOOOOOOOOOO! moment for me But I think my most depressing moments were in the Kingdom Hearts series and possibly the time in sands of time were Farah looses her memories of the prince (and yeah MGS4 was a pretty deppressing game especially nearing the end) [and if books count it would be at the end of the star wars legacy of the force series were Jaina kills her sith twin brother Jacen]

Mar 26, 2008
The good ending of Bioshock; I cried like a girl at the end.

Also, when dog in Fable 2 took the bullet for me. I threw myself back in my chair and yelled "Noooooooooo!" Dramatic much?

Gamine

Mar 7, 2009
Xivilai87 said:
***Final Fantasy 10 Spoiler***

Your character, Tidus, falls in love with Yuna, and then realises that no matter what, if they save the world, one of them will die/cease to exist.

the final boss battle happens, and Tidus begins to disappear, and Yuna tries her hardest to catch him, but can do nothing.

as humiliating as it is, first and only time i actually shed a tear in a video game.
Surprise!

Aeris dying i think

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I think I must be the only person who hasn't cried at Aerith's death...

I thought when Nanaki found out about his father, the statue cried and Nanaki began howling upset me.
Also, when Cait Sith sacrificed his life for the planet, that made me cry.

NeverAiling

Mar 10, 2009
Like someone else said, I almost quit playing Shadow of The Colossus when my horse fell off that bridge/gap thingy.

Also I have to say that for some reason, it always bothered me in Starsiege when I had to kill the metagens as the Cybrids.

I mean, the humans had it coming. But the metagen's only crime was to dream. To want to explore. And I killed them. I killed all of them. Oh god. What have I become?

PLagueDog:"Bunch of SMOKINHUMANSTEAKS"

Um, thankyou, plaguedog.

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
yeah that whas a ok there is a cure for this right......RIGHT!?!?!??! then Dom pulled his revolver and gives her peace yeah didnt cry or anything but I'll bet somebody did.

videot76

Aug 20, 2008
Said this before but the Yakuza games have a couple, namely
When your surrogate father jumps a grenade for your adoptive daughter...and then just have enough breath left to tell you he murdered your mom and dad. The hero says it's ok, you were always my real father - but we don't know whether the old man is alive to hear it.
And then your lost love and your best friend/nemesis die (somewhat predictable but still) in the final scene. Lots of drama overall.

and

In part 2, the heroine's father is shot and dies after a LONG and dramatic scene full of plot exposistion and explainings, but it's so well-made it's truly heartwrenching. The final opponent gets a pretty sad death scene as well, and our heroes are VERY close to what could have been the most beautifully tragic game ending of all time, but it turned out all right in the end.
If you stop watching when the credits roll, you can pretend it didn't if you want.:p

And EmileeElectro, you're not alone. I actually thought "Good riddance" when it happened...:)

J.E.T.

Mar 9, 2009
yeah I was 12 at the time didnt quite cry but man that was sad KH1 and KH2 were both pretty emotional [creepily so since disney characters are in it]

ZombieYoshi

Mar 11, 2009
Like someone mentioned before, it wasn't exactly sad but the ending of Mass Effect was just epic.
There have been some sad times in games but I can't really remember some.
Although the ending of CoD 4 and after the nuke blast were quite sad. The ending of Mirror's Edge was quite moving too.

Feb 6, 2009
The sadddest would be
The end of Half Life 2:Episode 2 when Eli gets killed by the Advisor.And you couldn't do anything about it.

hilarion

Dec 18, 2007
when you kill Bastila on KOTOR having failed the persuade check....it actually made me cry.

Daniosislestat

Mar 4, 2009
i dont know how to use the "spoiler: click to view thing" so im under that catagory =/
apologies for any spoilers

-Danny-