What has ruined YOUR life?

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
I'm not sure yet, I might still have a chance in life.
However if there is anything at the moment that could ruin it, it would be my loneliness and lack of social networks that could eventually send me off the edge.

WickedSkin

Feb 15, 2008
Well I used to be a good hockey player, then I started playing games. I stayed home from school to play video games. I quite playing games years later and turned out to be a good weightlifter and kick-boxer. Then came the video games again. They actually turned me lazier. Now I'm a carpenter who is always tired at work because of games. Oh god :/ Thank god for vodka in a frosted glass ;)

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Ago Iterum said:
My laziness. I'd take days off work and college, fall behind in everything because I couldn't get up in the morning. All sorted now though.
That was a problem for me my first year of college. Now it's all sorted out but i'm a year behind :(
But hey at least I'm a crazy worker now

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
foolishnun said:
I highly recommend a book by David Mitchell called Black Swan Green. It's a great book for anyone but I think it would help you. It helped me. I don't have a speech impediment but the are lessons in that book for everyone.

Edit: And don't let the bastards drag you down, buddy.
Thanks for the book, im looking it up now.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
For now I think it has to be the separation and impending divorce of my parents. It makes me sad and I hate seeing/hearing my parents fight. Also it meant that I had to leave Singapore (where I was), meaning I had to leave my girlfriend (but we're still doing the long-distance thing). I'm starting to rebuild my life so I'm happier which is a good thing I guess.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Gxas said:
Avida said:
"Well there is this girl..."
/sigh

Yup, same here... best friend... no chance...
Same aswell, although saying i had no chance is a little off, i got a few 'i love you's but it wasnt going to happen

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
Avida said:
Gxas said:
Avida said:
"Well there is this girl..."
/sigh

Yup, same here... best friend... no chance...
Same aswell, although saying i had no chance is a little off, i got a few 'i love you's but it wasnt going to happen
I think every guy has one of those stories. Mine was several years ago. Set me back 10 years emotionally and financially. But life goes on and you recover.

The lesson I learned: listen to your family and friends. They can see things you disregard. You can save yourself a lot of time, money and your life by listening to an objective opinion. It may hurt at first, but you will look back with gratitude. This goes for anything.

Atvomat_Nikonov

Jul 2, 2008
When I think about something too much, I will be very hesitant to do whatever I was thinking of. For example(and I have just used this example in another thread), talking to that hot girl in science class. I will think of all the different things I could start a conversation about, all the ways I could succeed and all the ways I could fail and I end up not doing it. It annoys me to no end, as I've missed out on quite a bit because of it.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
black lincon said:
Quite an interesting story. I have a bad habit of telling the truth. It doesn't get me in enough trouble to seriously affect my life, but it sure as hell pisses of some of my teachers and the administration, and I'm sure if I went back to my church any time soon I'd get a few mean glares.
I have the opposite problem. I lie. A lot. About nothing important, and even when it wouldn't change anything if I told the truth, I just like lying, to see if I can get away with it, and to improve my lying skills, so that I become a better lier, so that I can lie about stuff, and be better at it.

Railu

Aug 7, 2008
needausername said:
black lincon said:
Quite an interesting story. I have a bad habit of telling the truth. It doesn't get me in enough trouble to seriously affect my life, but it sure as hell pisses of some of my teachers and the administration, and I'm sure if I went back to my church any time soon I'd get a few mean glares.
I have the opposite problem. I lie. A lot. About nothing important, and even when it wouldn't change anything if I told the truth, I just like lying, to see if I can get away with it, and to improve my lying skills, so that I become a better lier, so that I can lie about stuff, and be better at it.
There is a future in politics for you.

Imbrium

Jul 2, 2008
Home education. I haven't had a proper social life for the last six years, and it's only since going to college that I've realised how out of touch I am. Plus six years of internet browsing has turned me into a total nerd, but I'm okay with that. Nerd is an awesome indentity nowadays.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Railu said:
needausername said:
black lincon said:
There is a future in politics for you.
Attention Everyone!

Salute me, as your future President of Earth.