What have you purchased recently?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Just got tickets to see Leftfield, 808 State and Hot Chip at a day festival 10 minute bus ride up the road from me in August after seeing it advertised at a 3 day festival at the same venue this weekend.

Also got tickets for a week long cruise round some Norwegian fjords in September.

Last year was a pretty stressful and less than fun time, having to move house twice and living in temporary accommodation with our stuff split between 3 places for nearly 10 months, so this year we're going to have some fun now we're settled.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Just got tickets to see Leftfield, 808 State and Hot Chip at a day festival 10 minute bus ride up the road from me in August after seeing it advertised at a 3 day festival at the same venue this weekend.

Also got tickets for a week long cruise round some Norwegian fjords in September.

Last year was a pretty stressful and less than fun time, having to move house twice and living in temporary accommodation with our stuff split between 3 places for nearly 10 months, so this year we're going to have some fun now we're settled.
Leftfield and 808 State? Nice! (Never heard of Hot Chip, though.) But enjoy!

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Thought I was being smart by being a wifi mesh secondhand. Piece of shit is defective. Might even be why the dude sold it in the first place. Sigh. Well, at least I learned my lesson.

Anyway, with the budget from work, I'm going to be getting:
  1. Monitor arms, one for my monitor and one for my work laptop
  2. Razer Orochi V2 mouse. I wanted one of those Logitech ones where you can switch in between devices with just a button press, but they aren't great for gaming.
  3. Royal Kludge RK84 keyboard. It was cheap, my girlfriend used one before, and you can switch between devices easily. That's all I ask.
  4. Sennheiser XC 80S wired earphones. I know wireless is all the rage now, but the worrier in me is deathly afraid of having a work call when the batteries die.
  5. Another wifi mesh, from an actual store this time. Honestly I don't know if I even need it, but after spending the whole weekend trying to fix the defective one, I need some catharsis.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Bought a cat tower. As expected, the kitten we were supposed to be only fostering for bit has gotten my gf and her son attached (both cat people, unlike myself,) and we're keeping him. I saw this coming from the moment we got him; I knew this little bastard wasn't going anywhere. I'm still not a fan of cats at large, but this little guy... he's fucking cute. Watching him plays is fun, so I bought him a damned cat tower. *sigh* Now, let's see how well it's received when I, out of pure spite, decided to "foster" a puppy like I would like to do.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Bought a cat tower. As expected, the kitten we were supposed to be only fostering for bit has gotten my gf and her son attached (both cat people, unlike myself,) and we're keeping him. I saw this coming from the moment we got him; I knew this little bastard wasn't going anywhere. I'm still not a fan of cats at large, but this little guy... he's fucking cute. Watching him plays is fun, so I bought him a damned cat tower. *sigh* Now, let's see how well it's received when I, out of pure spite, decided to "foster" a puppy like I would like to do.
There always has to be one in the family that doesn't like the cat, even if they can self admit the cat is cute at times. It was my dad when we got ours in my teens, funny enough

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
There always has to be one in the family that doesn't like the cat, even if they can self admit the cat is cute at times. It was my dad when we got ours in my teens, funny enough
That's me; I'm the one. Though I am starting to like this little guy... a little bit. They named him "Nolan;" they wouldn't let me name him "Adolf" (for his 'mustache' and my penchant for absurdist humor, not for any anti-Semitic reasons, so we're absolutely perfectly clear. No hate in this heart.)

1686156075879.png

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Okay he's a bit awesome.

Also
they wouldn't let me name him "Adolf" (for his 'mustache' and my penchant for absurdist humor, not for any anti-Semitic reasons, so we're absolutely perfectly clear.

Page 27.jpg

- And what's you cat called ?
- Adolf.

I... I called him like that because he's very mean. I... I know it's not very good taste, bbbut... I... It is...

I am not a nazi...

(What a jerk, but what a jerk.)

- It doesn't seem too serious. You'd like to come and see ?
- Er.. I'd rather not.

When it's about my cat, I panic about nothing.

- There, it's over. He just has a cut on his back. It shuld have cicatrized within two weeks.
- Awesome!

- But indeed, he's aptly named.
https://www.europecomics.com/album/1-ordinary-victories/ is fantastic.

Last edited:

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I bought an audio splitter for my PC. I really should have researched this better when I was building it. All I needed was one fucking audio jack that takes both audio output and mic input... sigh. And even then, doesn't totally solve my problem.

I plugged in the audio splitter into my BenQ GW2480 monitor, with the headset pin into the black audio jack and the mic pin into the green audio jack, and am using earphones with a mic attached. This works out when I use my laptop that has been connected through HDMI, I could participate in call just fine. When I use my PC through DisplayPort however, the mic doesn't work. Could this be due to plugging the DP cable into my graphics card?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I plugged in the audio splitter into my BenQ GW2480 monitor, with the headset pin into the black audio jack and the mic pin into the green audio jack, and am using earphones with a mic attached. This works out when I use my laptop that has been connected through HDMI, I could participate in call just fine. When I use my PC through DisplayPort however, the mic doesn't work. Could this be due to plugging the DP cable into my graphics card?
Do you have the video card connection selected as your input on your PC? It should be listed as "HD Audio Driver", "Display Driver" or something to that effect.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Do you have the video card connection selected as your input on your PC? It should be listed as "HD Audio Driver", "Display Driver" or something to that effect.
1686719836909.png
I'm guessing this isn't what I should be seeing. My GPU is a RX 6600 by the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, I have come to the conclusion that I am a dumbass. Thanks for the help though!

Last edited:

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I bought myself a new processor for my PC.

Went from an i5 9600K to a Ryzen 5 7600X.

The old i5 served me well, but was starting to bottleneck my PC in a number of games. In some games, the difference is negligible, though more stable - like Control, which I have been playing recently. Hogwarts Legacy on the other hand, went from around 40-60FPS, to around 70-100. Night and day difference.

Unfortunately, it was quite expensive. I had to buy a new motherboard, RAM, and cooler to go with it, but my PC is now current-gen ready, and Im excited to get into some of the games that my PC was struggling with in the past, some games that I have been purposely avoiding, and whatever is coming in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorfias

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I bought myself a new processor for my PC.

Went from an i5 9600K to a Ryzen 5 7600X.

The old i5 served me well, but was starting to bottleneck my PC in a number of games. In some games, the difference is negligible, though more stable - like Control, which I have been playing recently. Hogwarts Legacy on the other hand, went from around 40-60FPS, to around 70-100. Night and day difference.

Unfortunately, it was quite expensive. I had to buy a new motherboard, RAM, and cooler to go with it, but my PC is now current-gen ready, and Im excited to get into some of the games that my PC was struggling with in the past, some games that I have been purposely avoiding, and whatever is coming in the future.
What are you using for a GPU?
That is quite a jump.

Ryzen 5 7600X Benchmark Score 28,962
vs
i5 9600K Benchmark Score 10,762