What have you purchased recently?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
I let him catch it every now and then. I usually point it at one of his favorite toys, and when he pounces on it, I let him revel the victory before pointing elsewhere seconds later.
You've got it down, then ^^ I wish my cat played with laser pointers, but she never really seemed to get into em as much. At least, not when she started getting a bit older

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
A local pawnshop was going out of business and I got a complete copy of FFIX for the PS1 for just $20 CAD. It's in really good condition and I'm kind of surprised it was 1) still on the shelf since they've been clearing stock for several weeks already and 2) so cheap.

Reactions: gorfias

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I bought a painting for my living room. It should arrive in a week or so. I've had a bare wall in my living room for about a year and a half and I've been trying to find something that I really like in order to fill it. Hopefully it arrives in one piece and actually looking the way I expect. The last piece of art I bought for that space showed up printed wrong with bad colors and stretched to an incorrect ratio, and I had to go full Karen mode to get my money back.

I also bought myself a new flashlight. I've been wanting to get an L shaped flashlight like you see in video games that clips to someone's bag or belt. Grabbed one of these and it's pretty slick.

1690137810176.png
1690138044577.png

It's really small, the body is all CNC aluminum, it's rechargeable through USBC and turbos to 1100 lumens. The buttcap also has a magnet so you can attach it to things if you need a fixed light source in a dark room.

Got my PS5 on my birthday, today! Got DMC5 SE and another DS5 controller.
Happy birthday. Also congrats on finding a PS5. It's absolutely nuts that almost 3 years after launch they still aren't readily available.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I bought a painting for my living room. It should arrive in a week or so. I've had a bare wall in my living room for about a year and a half and I've been trying to find something that I really like in order to fill it. Hopefully it arrives in one piece and actually looking the way I expect. The last piece of art I bought for that space showed up printed wrong with bad colors and stretched to an incorrect ratio, and I had to go full Karen mode to get my money back.

I also bought myself a new flashlight. I've been wanting to get an L shaped flashlight like you see in video games that clips to someone's bag or belt. Grabbed one of these and it's pretty slick.

View attachment 9283
View attachment 9284

It's really small, the body is all CNC aluminum, it's rechargeable through USBC and turbos to 1100 lumens. The buttcap also has a magnet so you can attach it to things if you need a fixed light source in a dark room.
Flashlights (or torches for some of us) have really come such a long way since when I was younger. Used to be as big as a drink can with a tiny incandescent bulb.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Flashlights (or torches for some of us) have really come such a long way since when I was younger. Used to be as big as a drink can with a tiny incandescent bulb.
Yeah, LEDs were a game changer for flashlights. Exponentially smaller, brighter, and cooler than a bulb and take less power to run.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

View attachment 9283
View attachment 9284

Happy birthday. Also congrats on finding a PS5. It's absolutely nuts that almost 3 years after launch they still aren't readily available.
Really? There's plenty available in Michigan at least. Many places I've been to have them in large stock. Where you located again?

And thank you, too! (y)

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Really? There's plenty available in Michigan at least. Many places I've been to have them in large stock. Where you located again?

And thank you, too! (y)
I'm in Southern California. You can find them sporadically here, but they are never in stock consistently. It's been getting better over the last 6 months, but you generally still can't just walk into a store and expect to be able to buy one.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm in Southern California. You can find them sporadically here, but they are never in stock consistently. It's been getting better over the last 6 months, but you generally still can't just walk into a store and expect to be able to buy one.
That's really ironic, considering Sony's base of operations is in California.

Update:

Double Dragon Gaiden (PS4 and Switch) I picked up today, and I used my birthday gift cards on Dead Space Remake (PS5).

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
I am lying on my sofa, with a cold beer, some recently purchased Nag Champa incense and trippy rotating nightlight on the go, some relaxing synth tones on the soundsystem and 2 weeks off until I start my new job. Life is good.

IMG_20230801_204128733.jpg

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I am lying on my sofa, with a cold beer, some recently purchased Nag Champa incense and trippy rotating nightlight on the go, some relaxing synth tones on the soundsystem and 2 weeks off until I start my new job. Life is good.

View attachment 9357
Bruh, that sounds like an amazing time. I am jealous.

Meanwhile, I just got back from spending an hour at the Verizon store purchasing a new phone after dropping my old one and breaking it. Pain in the ass in every regard.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Bruh, that sounds like an amazing time. I am jealous.

Meanwhile, I just got back from spending an hour at the Verizon store purchasing a new phone after dropping my old one and breaking it. Pain in the ass in every regard.
It's been ten years since I've had a full 2 weeks off in a row, and I'm determined to enjoy it.

Oof, that sucks. Maybe get yourself a decent screen protector and case. I've had my phone for about 4 years now and it's still going despite being dropped pretty regularly.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Got me some powerline adapters, the kind with their own wifi you can integrate into a mesh network. One for the den, the other for the bedroom. Lan for my pc, the two Switch docks and the tv, and better connections and speeds for all wifi devices in those rooms. Honestly, should've done this a long time ago.

Also ordered a physical copy of Ghost Trick

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
A brand-new alternator for my car, which along with the labor to install it cost me just under $600. But I'm not even really complaining, because my first car had its alternator fail in the middle of a snowstorm and I had to limp it home with fading headlights. Never going through that again if I can help it.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
A brand-new alternator for my car, which along with the labor to install it cost me just under $600. But I'm not even really complaining, because my first car had its alternator fail in the middle of a snowstorm and I had to limp it home with fading headlights. Never going through that again if I can help it.
Sounds too expensive. Newer, complicated car? Switching out an alternator is in my mind so easy anybody could do it - but working in cramped newer cars with weird designs... eh.

Well after i asked a few weeks back, and lost a load of money since then, i will today finally buy myself a graphics card and a new mouse. Fuck that guy (point at self) for nor having enough money saved. My arm hurts, and i want to play a graphic-intensive game with an ergonomic mouse. (Also after switching out those little clickers under the buttons twice its ok to just get a new mouse, i think)

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I had mine totally die two days ago. Replacement and fit was basically the same as you BUT I got lucky and it died after I’d parked my car in a driveway to pick my kids up. And Australia doesn’t get snow so that danger wasn’t present. Still needed to wait until nearly midnight for a tow truck to pick it up.

Reactions: BrawlMan