What have you purchased recently?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Never had an urge to buy useless videogame ornaments before. Wtf utility will they ever provide? In this economy? I harbour no love for overpriced clutter: sort of. not counting those weighty metal shiny fantasy things.

Until.

Now.

They found a mortal weakness. Fuck. But pinkie promise this is the absolute final irresponsible drunken purchase I'll ever make! Honest!🤞🤞

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Add this little Diddy to your relaxation mode!
Nice, I've not really heard much Orb besides Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld. There's just so much of that early dance music out there that getting into it through my usual route of checking out mp3 albums would take forever.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Nice, I've not really heard much Orb besides Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld. There's just so much of that early dance music out there that getting into it through my usual route of checking out mp3 albums would take forever.
Well, that track is from one of their more famously "unpopular" albums since it all but eschews the dance rhythms, but it introduced me to Ambient music. "Plateau" is my go-to track when I put on my headphones, and want to chill out or take an aimless walk.

I went through a spell dating a bartender who smoked weed, and despite my not liking it before, I indulged with her, and one night we listened to that track about 1,000 times, "blowing each other's minds" with minute oberservations. I liked the track before and after, but that night was special. No one had ever connected with me through music like that. Yes, it was artificial, but it was exciting and pure for what it was.

Reactions: Zykon TheLich

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I traded in God of War 4 & Ragnarok for my pre-order of Armored Core 6.
Let us know how it is.

It looks pretty awesome but I'm also waiting on reviews and good word of mouth before I actually pull the trigger. I only pre-order games that I have complete and total confidence in. As much as I love From Software games, they haven't made an Armored Core in over a decade, and the previous one wasn't exactly amazing.

Reactions: gorfias

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Let us know how it is.
I will.

It looks pretty awesome but I'm also waiting on reviews and good word of mouth before I actually pull the trigger. I only pre-order games that I have complete and total confidence in. As much as I love From Software games, they haven't made an Armored Core in over a decade, and the previous one wasn't exactly amazing.
FS has got this. I never played the ACV, and my last game was IV. Even then, I played it over at the friend's and I couldn't give you my full opinion if I tried. I know I had fun, and that is it. It's been a long time since I played fun ass mech game. I know Daemon X Machina is on Switch, but I wasn't feeling it. We don't get many mech games like PS2/XBOX/GC games. When this game succeeds, you bet there will be a whole bunch of developers and publishers lining up to make their own.

I am getting this, because it's not another Souls game, and FS have clearly learned what they've crafted for a decade. The game is level based with open linearity. Hearing this is already great news for me.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I decided to indulge myself and pick up a Meta Quest 2; at $300, it's pretty much the cheapest VR setup that's not made of cardboard. I'm not sure how I'm reacting to it yet- I've only played one game with fast movement, and while it didn't make me nauseous, it played merry hell with my balance- but I do have to say that Scanner Sombre hits entirely different in full VR.

Reactions: gorfias