What have you purchased recently?

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Total Warhammer 3 is 53% off on steam... Hnnnnngh... I mean, it's basically a bunch of new races and a map expansion for Total Warhammer 2 plus a few balance and mechanical changes... If it was a £23 TW2 expansion I'd buy it...

Or Mount and Blade 2...

Hrrrkh...trying to not buy videogames...

I bought this little fella for my girlfriend. He has such a cute little smile I had to get him.
17104519636495550969385808704991.jpg

EDIT: Well, I talked myself into buying Total Warhammer 3.

Edit 2: persuaded myself to buy the first 2 DLCs for £15 too...

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Goblin brain made me buy 7 new sets of dice for D&D. This was after I told my D&D group that I was definitely not going to buy more dice.

They were so cheap though. Fucking TEMU. How can I say no when the dice sets are like $2-$4 each with free shipping?! It's almost fiscally responsible.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Goblin brain made me buy 7 new sets of dice for D&D. This was after I told my D&D group that I was definitely not going to buy more dice.

They were so cheap though. Fucking TEMU. How can I say no when the dice sets are like $2-$4 each with free shipping?! It's almost fiscally responsible.
I've ended up with maybe 6-7 sets myself over the years and I barely manage to use even 1/6th of them. I've seen people with dozens of sets, filling a dice bag and bringing it to the table. What do people need this many for? Feels like I'm missing something

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Well you need replacements for future cursed dice. This is a precautionary measure.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I've ended up with maybe 6-7 sets myself over the years and I barely manage to use even 1/6th of them. I've seen people with dozens of sets, filling a dice bag and bringing it to the table. What do people need this many for? Feels like I'm missing something
A lot of rolls require multiple d4s or d8s, and it's more fun to roll all the dice you need at once rather than rolling 1 die multiple times.

Like if you cast magic missile at 4 different targets it's more fun to assign 1d4 to each of the targets and then roll all d4s at once for damage.

Also, some people are superstitious and if they are rolling badly they blame it on the dice and change them out. It's nice to have a few different options.

Some people theme their dice around specific characters or attacks (dragonborn character gets dragon dice, healers get white dice, druids get green dice, etc.).

Generally though, people just like shiny things.

1711150480756.jpeg

In my case one of my friends hand made me a wooden dice box for my dice, and one set made it look too empty so I needed to fill it.

Last edited:

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Oh yeah, I can get behind nearly all of this, as it's stuff that me and my group usually do. I just deeply question when people feel the need to have, like... 15-20+ sets. That I feel is just borderline excessive. Then again, it's possible they simply end up with a lot of them over time and didn't intentionally buy that much

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
A resin 3D printer as a housewarming gift for one of my friends who recently bought his first house. He's into Warhammer so I figured he can use it to save some money and print his own minis.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
At JB Hifi, 6 movies (but 2 get 1 free, so lots of hunting round to get multiples of 3), and 4 TV series (2 for $40).

Um, not including the muffins and some groceries I got on the way home.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Just got this Humblebundle

$17 for 8 games all rated in the 90s except the one I got it for: The Quarry ($60!!) is an 80%!!!

Aaaaand my pile of shame grows ever higher...

Well, I can tell myself I'm supporting the industry I love. So there's that!

I just got a gold ring from a local jeweler, diamonds are for people who don't know what rocks are worth.
Aluminum used to be one of the most expensive materials on earth.
I think it was 2008 my accountant told me that hock shops were paying nothing for gem stones. You hock a jeweled ring? They remove and toss the gem into a box, melt down the metal for use/resale. Metals have intrinsic value. Gems, for the most part, only what you're willing to pay for them (most part: I think they make drill bits from diamonds. Mechanical watches use them too).

Last edited:

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I think it was 2008 my accountant told me that hock shops were paying nothing for gem stones. You hock a jeweled ring? They remove and toss the gem into a box, melt down the metal for use/resale. Metals have intrinsic value. Gems, for the most part, only what you're willing to pay for them (most part: I think they make drill bits from diamonds. Mechanical watches use them too).
IIRC, watches use quartz. But diamonds are useful for all sorts of things, especially cutting implements.

Reactions: gorfias