What is the hardest boss ever?

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
That *65*&$ING cake in Super Mario RPG!

The rest of the game is damn near a cakewalk except for his attacks. Holy CRAP did I hate fighting him! >_<

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
The final boss of I wanna be The Guy. I don't care if someone says that's cheating, he's the hardest boss I've ever fought against and I haven't seen a boss yet who gave me a harder time yet.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
The hardest boss i've fought is the final boss of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Why won't that thing fall down and die?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't know, I've fought a good number of hard bosses in my day. Off the top of my head, I know Nyx from Persona 3, Super Blair from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, and the Emerald Dragon from Dragon Quest VIII, would be pretty high on the list. Both Nyx and the Emerald Dragon, I still have yet to defeat.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
AshPox said:
Metroid Prime 3 final boss.

That's a 3 part fight through hell if you have it on the hardest difficulty.
Man all 3 of the Prime games had murderous bosses.

In 1, after a tedious fight with the Metroid Prime Exoskeleton, you get to fight the Core.
who can span Metroids, turn invisible to all 3 visors, AND can only be hurt form the pools of Phazon that it releases.

In 2,The first part of Emperor Ing was ok, not too had to hit the Tentacles and then the core.
2nd part pretty easy.
3rd part...
SCREW.
HIM.
Hit the core?
Good luck its in his mouth and he now has legs with which to move around and Ram you, and can fire beams of energy and BATS.
FREAKING BATS.
And then after that your not done yet, Dark Samus pulls you aside for some schooling.
Oh and only her own Phazon can harm her.

And yes Prime 3 was insane.
Fight your way to the core, Fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus, fight the Ai unit that fused with Dark Samus and is now flying around the room, fight Dark Samus who can only be damaged by her own Phazon yet again and has a huge selection of Beam and Rushing attacks.

And yet...they are all so much fun...

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Protocol95 said:
The hardest boss i've fought is the final boss of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Why won't that thing fall down and die?
I hear ya.
Cackletta's Spirit was a cheap boss.
It too me a VERY long time to beat her.

Jukofux

Aug 23, 2010
all these guys are hard, but doable, the hardest boss of all time must be Tom Nook, no matter what you do he's always there, waiting for me to come back and start paying for stuff again, and there is nothing I can do about it. and his sub-boss Ressetti is annoying as all hell as well.

Dr.A

Jun 3, 2010
Bongo Bongo from Ocarina of Time. However, there's a catch.

Using only the resources allowed as dictated by The Uber Challenge: three hearts only, Hookshot (no, not the Longshot, the HOOKshot), broken Biggoron's Sword, and noting else. No Arrows, no Bottles, not even your Shield, if it even does you any good anyway.

I spent a total of two weeks STRAIGHT trying to defeat that guy. Never have I been more frustrated.

jamradar

Sep 13, 2010
Lucien from Fable 2. Hardest boss ever.

Nah, i'm kidding. In reality I have been having trouble with the Grim Reaper boss from Castlevania:Harmony of Despair.

Hoiguyyami

Jun 17, 2009
People might disagree with me on this one, but if your immersed in the game, the Rathalos from Monster Hunter 1.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
JinxyKatte said:
Wasmt there a boss I read about in FF11 that a clan spent 24 hours trying to take down before giving up?
A notorious monster spawn, yea I head about it, I heard they nerfed the fight because it was too hard, now he isn't nearly as hard. It was an 18 hour fight, link below on battle.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/26/18-hour-boss-battles-nixed-from-final-fantasy-xi/

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Well, lessee...

Ikaruga's final boss is harsh, sure, but Touhou has some far worse bosses on the higher difficulties. I find that Touhou's difficulty is in surviving, while Ikaruga's is more in getting ridiculously high scores.

IWBTG, yeah, I guess that gets the title for platformers.

RPGs? I'm inclined to say Andor Drakon, from ADOM. I suppose Ozma from FF9 could be harder, but in ADOM, if you die, your save file is erased. So yeah.

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
i have a few to mention: Captain K Rool from donkey kong country 2 (still cannot beat him to this day, damn swirling spiked cannonballs...), Anubis in zone of the enders:the second runner, Colonel Radec in killzone 2, also the blue Pulverizer in armored core:last raven

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
final boss in persona 2 INNOCENT SIN not eternal punishment, he had 3 attacks, he could wipe out my party in an entire turn... lets just say your going to die... alot.

persona 3 portable optional boss final, oh hell a level 100... PAIN AND SUFFERING ensued....

hibachi in dodonpachi daioujou

radiozonde final boss

im done,

note these are a list of bosses ive faced in games that are bull hard, instead of you know the insaine mess of ones ive only watched videos for.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
Baron Samedi on the Egyptian level on Goldeneye 007 N64.
He just wouldn't die. I even tried it with all the cheats on, like the 1 hit kill golden gun. The one time i managed to actually kill him, he respawned again somewhere else.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
kommando367 said:
The final boss of DMC4 on Hell and Hell difficulty simply because he can kill you in 1 hit in addition to his normal abilities and very high health.
Damn you! You ninja'd me!

OT: Well, Not really bosses but Graceouis and Gloryouis from Bayonetta. Spastic and fast while you wont get any witch time(Think bullet time) for dodgeing thier attacks.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
most recently, the final boss of killzone liberation and the third boss of super meat boy. havent beaten wither of them. so SCREW THOSE GUYS.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Monster Hunter has some tough arseholes. Without using total cheapness the Fatalis is damn tough with a melee weapon. The problem is his tail keeps hitting you while you hit him. He has more health than you have healing items.
Tigerex is a major ***** if you are using a bowgun. He rushes your ass until you are dead. You don't get the space you need to shoot and make him dead.