What is the hardest boss ever?

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Golden Sun 2. Dullahan.

NOTHING ELSE COMES CLOSE.

IWBtG is absurdly difficult, but the boss fights aren't actually that bad at all compared to the rest of the platforming. Dullahan is the epitome of nintendo hard.

ProfessionalWizard

Dec 1, 2010
I don't if she's the hardest boss in history, but I-no is by far the hardest boss I've ever fought.
Guilty Gear Accent Core, arcade version. For some reason the game just go ballistic! Balls to the freaking walls!! I can only beat her when the stars are right or some other nonsense.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The hardest for me was that second guy on a horse in Ninja Gaiden.

I didn't play any more after that.

SillyGodDisco

Oct 17, 2008
NeutralDrow said:
Mr. Gold and Mr. Silver, from God Hand, on Hard difficulty.

I'm pretty sure it took me about a hundred tries before I could defeat them.
This, but God Hand was such a ridiculously fun and epic game.

theseworlds

Oct 26, 2009
I haven't found many bosses that have given me a huge amount of trouble. Off the top of my head, the hardest I've fought would be Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII. You can use Hero to make yourself invincible (making this fight and any others a cakewalk), but I gave myself the challenge of beating him without it. My goodness, that took a fair few goes.

Next one that comes to mind is the first time I fought Vamp in Metal Gear Solid 4. I had never used the Syringe on an opponent before, so I had no idea how to grapple and then use it. I also had no idea I was supposed to use it at all. That whole battle was a complete mystery to me, and I waster so many rounds of ammo.

Looking back, neither of these fights seem very hard now.

Arduras

Jul 14, 2009
Probably the final boss in Baldur's Gate 2... just a mean sonova..gun.

Had some tough ones in wow, I'd just call them annoying though, not hard

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Probably not the most difficult, but Heavenly Sword's last boss wasn't exactly forgiving.
You die in 5-6 hits, he loses one of his 3 health bars every 5,000. After the time I spent trying it, I'm not sure I'm even exaggerating.

Eloyas

Jan 16, 2007
The one I had to retry the most was The Guy from IWBTG. Took me about 500 try.

For more "normal" games I'd say that the belial and wizard fight in Odin sphere was really, really cheap. Getting polymorphed into a frog with no more cure when the boss is at it's last sliver of life? Rage inducing. And the whole fight has a shitty framerate because of all the falling objects...

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Penance from FFX was pretty hardcore... half hour fight at least with maxed out characters.

Also for something a bit different, Lu on Guitar Hero 3 on expert.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I really struggled with that cheesy boss at the end of Dead or Alive 4. Is that just me sucking at fighting games or was she really that cheap?

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
The Sea Witch in City of Villains, in Sharkhead. Her lightning attacks will flatline your endurance in seconds leaving you with no decent attacks or defensive powers, and then her hurricanes bounce you all over the map, usually into the middle of another mob of enemies that you didn't want to aggro.

And she gets reinforcements during the fight.

And her reinforcements call reinforcements of their own.

And the levelling curve in CoH/V means that in the late teens and early 20s you're weaker than you'll be at any other point in the game. Guess what level you'll be when you fight her...

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Zeus from God of War 2 on the two harder difficulties.

U3 (aka "It") from Resident Evil 4 because he scares the crap out of me.

Lazaravic (spell check!) from Uncharted 2. I keep shooting the blue splodey thingies, but he ain't dyin'!

BlastedTheWorm

Jan 26, 2010
VulakAerr said:
I really struggled with that cheesy boss at the end of Dead or Alive 4. Is that just me sucking at fighting games or was she really that cheap?
Cheap. Dead or Alive in general is rather cheap.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
jamradar said:
Lucien from Fable 2. Hardest boss ever.

Nah, i'm kidding. In reality I have been having trouble with the Grim Reaper boss from Castlevania:Harmony of Despair.
Dude, I farmed that ***** for drops as a Shanoa player.

I could get to him and take him down in a few minutes after the 70th kill.

OT:

Megaman Zero. Nearly every boss in the 4 game series really, I can't decide.