What is the story behind you Username?

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
My cousin and I were writing a play loosely based on FF7 and the main character was a magic user specializing in wind magic. My cousin suggested the name of Kajin for the character, because at the time he believed it meant wind. In actuality it means something akin to beautiful woman, but I didn't find that out until about three years after I decided I liked it enough to adopt it as my nickname.

I thought it was funny, so I decided to keep using it.

Kirkby

May 3, 2010
Its my second name

Sorry if thats TL,DR for anyone i know its quite the story = P

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
This is from my PSN username which I made because it sounded cool and nobody else had used it. Also because the desert eagle and sniper rifle are my best weapons in GTAIV and life!

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Well, I'm relatively young compared to most gamers, and I haven't played a huge number of games. So, I'm a rookie of gaming.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
random button mashing given a weird "name" that wasnt used anywhere else on the net at the time.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
After playing The World Ends With You (awesome game, hope Extra Credits made more people try it) I thought about if people would worship the dog statue in the park since they couldn't get out of purgatory and so Minion of Dogenzaka became dogenzakaminion. I've used it ever since.

Mcmuffin

Apr 15, 2011
When i was younger and i was asked to sign up for places i was MAJORLY paranoid about using my real name so i always used Mcmuffin as my last name. It became kind of a running joke when my online RTS game name would be General Mcmuffin, and well here we are.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
My nickname is Ty, and Teh was my favorite "Text talk" and I wanted somethign original, so I used it.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Tanis - From 'Dragonlance'Lionheart - From Final Fantasy 8

I started using the name at the time I first REALLY got into my major hobbies like anime/manga/fantasy/RPGs/music/ect.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
My name's Sarah...

My Favorite PC game of all time is Starcraft II...

and my best friend name is Jimmy, so I call him Raynor and he calls me Kerrigan.

Username solved.

Thaa'ir

Feb 10, 2011
It means "rebel" or "revolutionary" in Arabic. I don't characterize myself as either; I just really like the word.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Fey-Lynn, though the - is lost in the maelstrom of Alphanumeric dominance of naming conventions and practicality of needing to type it every time I sign in to something.
(Which unfortunately leads people to believe It's play on the spelling of Failin', which it is most certainly not.)

Was looking for something new, short, and
From Dictionary.Com:
?adjective
1.British Dialect . doomed; fated to die.
2.Chiefly Scot. appearing to be under a spell; marked by an apprehension of death, calamity, or evil.
3.supernatural; unreal; enchanted: elves, fairies, and other fey creatures.

World English Dictionary
fey (feɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]

? adj
1. interested in or believing in the supernatural
2. attuned to the supernatural; clairvoyant; visionary
3. chiefly ( Scot ) fated to die; doomed
4. chiefly ( Scot ) in a state of high spirits or unusual excitement, formerly believed to presage death

[Old English fæge marked out for death; related to Old Norse feigr doomed, Old High German feigi ]

Word Origin & History

fey
"of excitement that presages death," from O.E. fæge "doomed to die," also "timid;" and/or from O.N. feigr, both from P.Gmc. *faigjo- (cf. M.Du. vege, M.H.G. veige "doomed," also "timid," Ger. feige "cowardly"). Preserved in Scottish. Sense of "displaying unearthly qualities" and "disordered in the mind (like one about to die)" led to modern ironic sense of "affected."

This accomplished what I was looking for in that meaning.
Whimsical, mystical, perceptive, dark, tragic, surreal, unearthly, shy, ties to death and magic.

Lynn is much less interesting, I felt it gave a sort of feminine and intellectual quality to the name and threw it on to round out the overall sound.

The components were together designed for a specific roleplaying character initially but over time I adopted it for myself as I outgrew previous screen names. Now it's sort of my mainstay when making online characters.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Cowboy Bebop's mushroom episode made me interested in mushroom farming. Thus the japanese term for mushroom farm is kinokohatake.

TriggerOnly

Oct 18, 2010
I'am some what renowned for having a bad anger and hair trigger tamper (not overly pound of this fact and try to control it for the happiness of the world). Hens the name TriggerOnly, as in I'am just a trigger waiting to go off.