What is your avatar...and why?

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
NightShadeNes said:
My avatar is the Necronomicon ex-mortis barely translated the book of the dead

Why? well big fan of Evil Dead and even if i wasn't it's still an awesome avatar
I've always love the Evil Dead - but I wondered why they changed the name of the book to Necronomicon ex-Mortis. Doesn't that more or less literally translate to The Book of the Dead of the Dead?

Maybe it was written by Madfella Abd-al Two Times: "I'm gonna go summon a Shoggoth summon a Shoggoth."

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Mine is from the Halo series, as I'm a Halo fan. It's the symbol of Offensive Bias, an AI created to command the last remaining forces of the Forerunner military.

Offensive's task was stalling the Flood and the rogue AI Mendicant Bias so that they could not prevent the Halo Array from firing.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
A servbot because it represents the core of my being. And pineapples are always a plus.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
I really like my xbox 360 avatar so I decided to make it my escapist avatar as well.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
my avatar is a skillfully cropped picture from the LICD music video "Where's the Head?"

I say skillfully because much of the hair was against a pitch black background.. so I had to crop around the hair in such a way that it looked like it was on a white background, which was harder then it seemed at first.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I drew mine a while ago, probably 2 years ago and put it up on the escapist as so. I've been thinking of redrawing/tweaking it but I've got so many other projects.

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
Blata the Armole, a character of my own creation intended to be a mortal god in the universe I am building. My avatar because I drew it myself and he looks badass.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Because Life on Mars (BBC) is the best darn show of all time. Barring X-files of course .... except for season 1 and 2 because Gillian Anderson looked white as snow and emaciated ... but then she was stunning *_* ... even in the new X-Files movie she is seriously hot. But I digress.

Life on Mars is freaking awesome <.<

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
A mouse. A sneezing mouse. A sneezing mouse that looks like Thom Yorke. Because I decided to keep the Radiohead theme.

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
My avatar is The Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3, because I love that series of games, and The Boss is one of my favorite characters of all time

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Doomguy of course. Not only because he's one of my favorite game characters, but because he's my only favorite that has a GIF that exactly matches his originaly appearance.

Michael Dagastino

Feb 22, 2010
Right now mine is just my XBL avatar, because i was bored one day, and made him look creepily like me. However, I want to change it soon. Either a Street Fighter character, or to my Rock Band 2 avatar (creative, right?)

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
Mine is of Utsuho Reiuji from Touhou, cause shes just so awesome. Plus she has an arm cannon that can shoot out nuclear flares...

And we both share the same dream of taking over the world

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
unfortunately its just my XBL pic, i maybe will get a new one if i can think,make, or find something.